OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:06

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2012, 06:46 
Super User

Blade: Appelgren Allplay
FH: Mark V GPS 2.0
BH: Reflectoid 2.0
Haha yeah, I didn't stick with it for very long. Life got very busy the last few months....didn't have a whole lot of time for table tennis :( But now I'm catching up again!

On a sidenote (it's a blog, after all), I've taken up sword fencing (longsword, some rapier) as a side hobby. Swords are awesome. Much cooler than guns. (you can't have guns in Australia anyway, right? or am i getting my countries mixed up?)

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2012, 08:15 
Super User

Blade: Hugo Calderano OFF+
FH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
BH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
Sword play is just a step up from table tennis. Both utilise blades :lol:

But yes, swords are fun, I used to train with them as part of my martial arts training. As far as guns go in Aus, you can have some kinds of them, but as far as my knowledge goes that laws restricting them in Aus are much tighter then in the US. Actually, in some cases you need to have a licence for the sword as well in Aus, as I used to use mine for martial arts then I could have them, but I needed to register for a restricted weapons licence and have a 'need' for them, also I could only take them from my home to the training hall and back. Well thats what I was told the law required me to do.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2012, 14:08 
Super User

apophis wrote:
Sword play is just a step up from table tennis. Both utilise blades :lol:

But yes, swords are fun, I used to train with them as part of my martial arts training. As far as guns go in Aus, you can have some kinds of them, but as far as my knowledge goes that laws restricting them in Aus are much tighter then in the US. Actually, in some cases you need to have a licence for the sword as well in Aus, as I used to use mine for martial arts then I could have them, but I needed to register for a restricted weapons licence and have a 'need' for them, also I could only take them from my home to the training hall and back. Well thats what I was told the law required me to do.

Wow :whew: I guess I'm glad we don't have as tight of laws. Yeah, my favorite is definitely either the longsword or the rapier, but I like the katana....

And as far as playing tonight, I was doing better than usual...or i'm just improving :up: I won a game (not the match) against one of the 3 best players in the club, and went to deuce once with each of the other 2! :party: :party: :party: needless to say, I'm feeling good about myself.

I worked on my chopping some more, and it's improving....at this point, I'm still using the reflectoid.

I was looping pushes way better tonight. In general, I tried to be more aggresive on the forehand....

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2012, 01:19 
Super User

well, I've ordered the appelgren allplay and neptune 1.0. Hopefully I get to try them before the end of the year....

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2012, 09:06 
Super User

So a box came in from megaspin, and it only had the donic appelgren allplay in it! i had ordered that, a galaxy neptune rubber, edge tape, and a racket cover!!!!!!!!! the onvoice just says donic appelgren allpay. Has anyone had a similar experience????? It came quickly though, I have to give them that....

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2012, 13:28 
Super User

Yes, megaspin sometimes sends stuff in multiple packages.... :oops:

anyway, I tried the LPs (neptune 1.0 ), and I have to say they are amazing at chops. I didnt like them too much for service return (oddly enough), and I have to figure out how to attack dead and backspin balls with them. but they were awesome for chopping!

The forehand though, with the donic appelgren allpay (lkt rapid sound, same rubber as before) just felt weird! I kept hittingthe balls off the table, which is weird, cuz my former blade was the 729 dynasty hinoki, which is OFF....I'm getting used to it, though. I couldnt flat hit as well, but more of my spinny loops landed.

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2012, 09:09 
Super User

Well, my forehand was feeling better, and I'm getting a LITTLE used to the LP on the backhand. There's a good chance I'll switch back.

I'm tempted to buy some mark V on my forehand. 40$ is just a little much for something that has to be replaced once or twice a year :^) Maybe I'm just a cheapskate :P

In other news....HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Oh and I've got braces...One of these days I'll appreciate that I had them.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2013, 14:03 
Super User

I think i'll go back to the inverted on my Backhand, and eventually switch to something a little more offensive than reflectoid. I"ll try to keep chopping, but I miss the attack options I had with inverted :|

In good news, my forehand was feeling pretty good tonight! I think i'm finally used to this new blade! might still get some mark V.

my loops feel more consistent! and a bit spinnier. I need to find some new serves though :( my reverse pendulum is BAD (i.e. inconsistent and barely any spin), even though I've practiced it quite a bit! My tomahawk serve isn't feeling so bad, but i cant get backspin on it.

Can you get serious backspin on a tomahawk serve?

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2013, 08:16 
Super User

Every once in a while, I get this really big urge to go back to chinese penhold...I just love the traditional backhand block and everything :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2013, 13:04 
Super User

Not going back to penhold!

In other (frustrating) news, I heard a girl say today, "I don't know how ping-pong can be an olympic sport...all it is is hand-eye coordination"

.....I'll let you guys comment on that....

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2013, 14:12 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
I find it pointless to argue with ignorant people with attitudes, simply a waste of time energy and reputation.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2013, 12:02 
Super User

Der_Echte wrote:
I find it pointless to argue with ignorant people with attitudes, simply a waste of time energy and reputation.

I suppose. better let them find out for themself. I've convinced a few, but not with words.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2013, 07:06 
Super User

Well, I'm heading out to the club tonight.....last tuesday I was AMAZINGLY close to beating a player who I havent beaten before. 5th game, I'm leading, 9-4, he just stops missing, and I start......

Tonight I shall see!

In other random news, I'm trying to get ahold of cards of a trading card game I play somewhat competitively....Pokemon TCG

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2013, 09:41 
The aPPrentice
The aPPrentice

THE GAMEr wrote:
Well, I'm heading out to the club tonight.....last tuesday I was AMAZINGLY close to beating a player who I havent beaten before. 5th game, I'm leading, 9-4, he just stops missing, and I start......

Tonight I shall see!

In other random news, I'm trying to get ahold of cards of a trading card game I play somewhat competitively....Pokemon TCG

I used to collect Pokemon cards... Just collect them. I had a pretty decent collection too.

Now I play Magic The Gathering, although its not much better than Pokemon :D

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2013, 13:19 
Super User

Decided to dig this back out (again)

ilikepie, really? I''ve heard that Magic is more expensive (If you play competitively)

I'm trying to play pokemon tournaments (easier to get to than table tennis tournaments), but I'm not stopping table tennis!

You know what's crazy? Some pokemon cards get up to 70$ Right now not many are that bad, but SHEESH! That would be likes pending 70-80$ on a sheet of rubber glued to sponge......wait.......tenergy?????????

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!