OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:51

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2012, 07:56 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

Everyone has gone quite on ball change, either trying to sneak it in. Or theres a massive problem with it, I doubt any of us will see it until its at least as durable as the allready fragile 40mm.

Where I play we have concrete walls and can happily break 3 current balls a night. So we need something stronger.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2012, 03:27 

adham wrote:
And now back to answering the 422 e-mails in my in-box. Have a good week.

Dear Mr President. I have carefully stayed away of this topic for the last two years and oddly came back today . I will not discuss any TT related matter with you since I have noticed you never really answer to remarks and questions but rather demonstrate how inevitable is your policy. After each and every drastic changes you've made in our game for the last decade, people here and there are trying to draw your attention on the wrong consequences of your decisions but, as always, pointlessly. I, myself, remember we had a discussion about the booster ban in 2009 where I tried to explain it was going to bring cheating in our clean game. You assured me in a condescending way that no booster will pass the Enez machine...Hilarious ! Today, almost all top players use boosters and basic players are kindly invited to buy 60usd sheets of rubber. Never mind...

Today, I just want to ask you a question about your decision of being candidate for re-election 2013-2017. It looks like you are having very busy days and some of hard times. After such a long mandat, aren't you tired sometimes ? Wouldn't you enjoy a bit of rest or being more involved in some more personal business ? In short, what brings you back to presidency ?

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2012, 04:03 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

STAY ON, ADHAM, WE NEED YOU....

I am so pleased to cooperate with Mr. Adham Sharara in promoting the game up to the world's major sports, nowdays and all the days to come..
He is certainly a man of superior intellect, with a mind well open to many innovative ideas.
We can't do a bit without Adham. Our sport still needs even more amendments to become an attractive spectacle to public.

:!: The next most desirable innovation should be setting limitation of the sandwich rubber thickness down to 3.5mm instead 4.0mm, so as to eventually reduce the enormous abundance of the stupid errors and mishits one gets to see endlessly at international events nowdays..
At present time, most players, even those from within the world's 100, do not have sufficient control over the ball in the hot-pace rallies, since using the over springy/catapultive rubber+sponge of extreme thickness very close to 4.0mm.
According to our massive statistical calculations, over 80% of the rallies in a match would end up with an unforced or simple error by either of the players. Quite distressing fact of the today's sport of table tennis..
The ITTF ProTour men's single matches are truly brimful with the stupid errors, --the most undesirable result to disgust general public.

Mr. President
We'd invite your special attention to how could we effectively reduce the distressing abundance of unforced errors in professional table tennis matches, and we strongly expect you to promote our given plan of excluding the extremely thick rubbers from international matches, for a better satisfaction of the viewers, we believe.

Ever Yours,

Igor NOVICK

"NATIONAL UMPIRE" badge
Russia

ps// Just have an experiment, play a few tourneys of ITTF schedule under the rubber thickness limitation of 3.5mm, and you shall see many happy improvements in the game, and some surprise winners, as well..
"The road to success is always under construction" --the words best applicable to every sport seeking for more publicity. Yes.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2012, 09:07 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Am I the only one who's doing :headbang: at the moment?

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2012, 11:12 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Igor,
Who is "WE"?
It does NOT include me. Prpbably not most of the others on the forum either. So, bnetter if you speak "For yourself".
Igor, are you related to Adham? Or work for him? Or trying to score some free tickets? :n:

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2012, 13:35 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

hookshot wrote:
Igor,
Who is "WE"?
It does NOT include me. Prpbably not most of the others on the forum either. So, bnetter if you speak "For yourself".
Igor, are you related to Adham? Or work for him? Or trying to score some free tickets? :n:

He's a hot shot in his Federation and a legend in his own mind... ;)

On a "serious" note, the chance to reduce overall thickness from 4.0mm to 3.5mm is a fat ZERO. :lol:

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2012, 13:43 
Super User

Blade: Hugo Calderano OFF+
FH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
BH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
Not to mention that a lot of the pre-glue and glue era rubbers would also breach the 3.5mm ruling.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2012, 13:54 

The idea that thinner sponges will reduce the "stupid errors and mishits" is rediculous. No matter what the equipment, players will play at the edge of thier abilities. Watch modern hardbat at a high level. Same thing as with inverted, short rallies. It is the nature of the game. It is NOT a spectator friendly sport and would have to be changed completly to make it so. It IS a TV friendly sport right now with the proper camera work and a GOOD, informed announcer.
At the pro tour events, you needed binoculars to even see who was playing. Same at the VW tourney in China. You can not put enough people close enough to the tables to see the game well. Instead of trying to make it "better" with rule changes and bigger balls, just go watch tennis. Let us enjoy "table tennis" just the way it is. :)

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2012, 15:31 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
When I went to ITTF Pro Tour Korea Open, I had a friend show up early and keep a seat for me on the second row of the seat on ground level maybe 30 feet from the table. I was talking trash in German against Steger/Baum playing against the Korean duo, but German team won out. At least I know I was close enough to be heard well and could see the action well enough.

When I went out for a quick bite and came back to see Joo vs Boll, no seats were left on ground floor and only the nose bleed seats were available. From there, I needed to rent the Hubble telescope itself to see the action.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2012, 15:33 

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
By the Way, when Joo plays any top attacker, the crowd is on its feet, even in the cheap seats. ITTF could consider this as something that is not a coincidence.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2012, 15:38 

At the VW, you had a seat # on the ticket and it was enforced. Even though the first 15 rows were almost empty, you could not change seats. There were people in uniform checking all tickets before you sat down. :n:

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2012, 03:16 
Super User

Lorre wrote:
Am I the only one who's doing :headbang: at the moment?

My first reaction was "Russian mental institutions have apparently access to the internet" :lol: .

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2012, 21:48 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Smartguy wrote:
My first reaction was "Russian mental institutions have apparently access to the internet" :lol: .

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2012, 00:34 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

Igor you need sending to the Black Dolphin for making ideas like that and you can take Adham with you. Superior intellect rated against the average dairy cow maybe, some cows are quite intelligent.. But they shouldn't be messing with table tennis.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2012, 00:45 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
igorponger wrote:
...Our sport still needs even more amendments to become an attractive spectacle to public

Our sport? I think you mean "professionals sport" seeing as though Adham and the ITTF as we are repeatedly told are not here to represent my opinions - local league player.

When will people in authority ever learn that some sports are first and foremost meant to be played and not watched. Why are you so obsessed with making it a spectator sport?

I wish Adham and his supporters would concentrate on doing things to get people actually playing table tennis - not watching it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next