OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 01:29

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 457 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2013, 18:05 
Super User

Loosing against Primorac in the 1/4 final

http://youtu.be/tq1p0NH7UV0

( scroll forward to 3rd hour )

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2013, 00:21 
Super User

A great mach vs primorac... 2 really consistent players... i think the decisive moment was in the 5th set when at 4-4 shiono did 2 epic points but then primorac was able, and a little bit lucky, to recover with 2 easy ones... then the match went in favour of primorac, who managed to not let shiono attack and was confident against the chop and the counterloop.
Maybe also in the last set if that attack of shiono at 8-5 had not be bloked he could recover in the end...

Too bad none of the defenders reached the semifinals!

BH: Grass D.Tecs 1.5 (black)

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2013, 03:44 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

For those who are interested: I inspected his LP rubber yesterday at the US Open. It's red TSP P4 with 0.6mm white sponge. The pips have quite a bit of grip. The inverted side is Tenergy T05 max.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2013, 03:57 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

RevanII wrote:
A great mach vs primorac... 2 really consistent players... i think the decisive moment was in the 5th set when at 4-4 shiono did 2 epic points but then primorac was able, and a little bit lucky, to recover with 2 easy ones... then the match went in favour of primorac, who managed to not let shiono attack and was confident against the chop and the counterloop.
Maybe also in the last set if that attack of shiono at 8-5 had not be bloked he could recover in the end...

I sat courtside at this match. The key is Zoran never pushed Shiono's heavy chops, no matter how tempting it was, in order to deny Shiono transition attacks. Primorac was willing to spend considerable energy to loop repeatedly and wait for a higher ball to kill. It was also clear that his fh counterlooping skills are superior to Shiono's as he won over 90% of all fh counterlooping rallies.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2013, 20:18 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
I think both Revan and RR are right. I watched the match on Toutube and the points mentioned by Revan were indeed crucial to win the match. Until then you couldn't say who would win it. Shiono's FH skills were indeed inferior to those of Primorac, like RR said. I add his FH skills were not good in the tournament: I saw his R16 and already then he missed a lot of shots with his FH.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2013, 05:41 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Tadam!!!

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2013, 21:50 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
Good old Zoran... he must be over 40. He won the European Champions League with La Vilette Charleroi in 1996 on the side of Jean-Michel Saive.

Shiono jumped from 188 to 85th position on the world ranking :up: :up: :up:

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2013, 22:14 

Pipsy wrote:
Good old Zoran... he must be over 40. He won the European Champions League with La Vilette Charleroi in 1996 on the side of Jean-Michel Saive.

Shiono jumped from 188 to 85th position on the world ranking :up: :up: :up:

He is 44 to be precise.

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2013, 01:42 
Super User

Another post from the italian player. The match vs primorac was posted in the forum and someone wondered if shiono might use some illegal treatment for his bh rubber. Here's his answer and considerations about the match:

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Interessanti le argomentazioni che fate, mi accingo a confermare al 100% che Shiono ha gomme normalissime.
La difesa da lontano non permetterebbe di usare gomme trattate e Primorac non potrebbe dobbiare un top di una gomma come quella di (""nomi dei giocatori"").
inoltre in giappone esiste il rispetto delle regole e non sarebbe assolutamente accettato alcun "magheggio" ai materiali per vincere..
Il rischio sarebbe inoltre troppo alto perchè come vi ricordavo Shiono non è un professionista puro, ha anche un lavoro e la mancanza di rispetto delle regole non graverebbe solo sul tennistavolo ma anche sulla sua attività lavorativa.
è categoricamente escluso qualsiasi trattamento delle sue gomme.
Due anni fa un mio amico mi ha fatto leggere un articolo sulla polemica uscita per i cinesi che utilizzano colle e tirano fortissimo. la critica sul giornale era presente ma si raccomandava di mantenere fede alle regole che la ITTF ha emanato.
Concludo dicendo che SIDESPIN dice cose molto corrette ma esagera se pensa che Primorac abbia distrutto Shiono in questa partita.
A mio avviso Shiono ha peccato di mancanza di esperienza internazionale ed è stato troppo passivo, sicuramente non è facile tirare contro Primorac ma se avesse aggredito di più probabilmente avrebbe avuto anche chance di vittoria.
4-2 tirato a mio avviso e ricordiamo che Primorac ha 44 anni ma anche 70 del mondo il che significa che se batte Shiono (non professionista) è tutto regolare o mi sbaglio?
Nei primi set quasi tutti gli attacchi di shiono sono stati vincenti, verso la metà della partita Shiono è diventato molto più passivo e rivela il fatto che non sia un vero difensore puro, qualche servizio e terza palla in più era necessario.
Primorac è da sempre il mio idolo, è il primo giocatore vero che ho ammirato seriamente, grandissimo rovescio, diritto costruito ma solidissimo, fisico eccezzionale ( i 44 anni non sono un problema come quelli di saive..) e ha una racchetta che è un fucile da caccia.
Ci ho fatto due tiri e non riuscivo a tenere la palla in campo...

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
You express interesting opinions, i assure at 100% that Shiono uses completely regular rubbers.
Defensive play away from the table wouldn't allow to use such treated rubbers and Primorac couldn't execute a 2nd topspin on a rubber like the ones that ""(he tells 4 names of italian players that clearly use treated lp)"" use.
Moreover in Japan there's strong respect for rules and any "cheating" with materials would be allowed in orer to win...
Also the risk would be too high because, as i remembered you before, Shiono si not a pure professional, he also works and this cheating could compromise his life not only on the TT side, but also on his professional side.
So his rubbers can't be illegal by any means.
Two years ago a friend of mine showed me an article on the controversy about Chinese players using various glues and shooting very strongly. There was criticism in the journal, but also it raccomended to respect rules that ITTF decided.
As last thing i say that SIDESPIN ""(forum user)"" is right, but he shouldn't think Primorac destroyed Shiono in this match. In my opinion Shiono lacked of international esperience and was too passive; of course it's not easy to attack against Primorac but if he had attacked more he would have had also the possibility to win the match.
According to me, it was a tight 4-2 and let us not forget primorac is 44 years old but he's also nr.70 in the world and that means it's is not a strange thing if he defeats Shiono (a non professional), is it?
In the first sets almost evey attack Shiono made succeded, at about half of the match shiono became more passive (revealing he's not a real pure defender): some more service and third ball attack were required.
Primorac has always been my idol, he's the first real player i really admired, extraordinary backhand, built ("meaning "not natural" ") but really consistent forehand, exceptional physical shape (44 years are not a problem as for saive) and he has a paddle which is a shotgun. I tried it a bit but i wasn't able to keep the ball on the table...

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2013, 21:41 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2013, 07:59 
Chop the Ball not the Beard!

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: hybrid k1 euro
BH: Curl p1r 1.0

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2013, 08:42 
Super User

lol... they were quick :lol:

translations?

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2013, 20:18 
Super User

Tenergy 05 it is! Wow, maybe have to try chopping with it again.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2013, 07:37 

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: hybrid k1 euro
BH: Curl p1r 1.0

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2013, 08:53 
The King

manofan wrote:

2 referees and they still allowed him to play in a white shirt?

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 457 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 31  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!