OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 15:29

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Adidas strike carbon
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2014, 14:07 

I am planning to buy an adidas strike carbon blade. I have read yogi's reviews (really good review) but I would like to know more about it from long term users. I am an offensive type player who uses a variety of spin to attack(loopspin and spindrives). Currently I'm using fibertec and tenzone ultra but I would like to test other equipments. Is h3 neo good for strike carbon? What backhand rubbers are good for it?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject: Re: Adidas strike carbon
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2014, 15:33 
Super User

I am unsure how the neo would work on a carbon blade by Adidas. Generally the only rubbers that work well on carbon blades are Tensors, FD3 formula, Tenergy series, Adidas rubber series. I would not recommend a classic Japanese rubber. The new adidas rubbers are supposedly very good from what people say online and many other brands like Andro's Rasant, Donic's Bluefire or Xioms Omega are very good for the Carbon blades as well as wood. On the safe side you could just pop on the 05. Chinese sponges are generally to hard for Carbon blades and can make problems for many players who don't have the experience in using this combination and have a very uncontrollable game of table tennis.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2014, 20:26 
Super User

I would like to add that it would be a wiser choice to buy nittaku DHS3 Neo. It is more consistent and is a better quality rubber or buy DHS Gold Arc 3.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2014, 20:27 
Super User

I would like to add that it would be a wiser choice to buy nittaku DHS3 Neo. It is more consistent and is a better quality rubber or buy DHS Gold Arc 3.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2014, 23:56 

Thanks a lot bob!

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2014, 15:58 

Bobs_Your_Uncle wrote:
I am unsure how the neo would work on a carbon blade by Adidas. Generally the only rubbers that work well on carbon blades are Tensors, FD3 formula, Tenergy series, Adidas rubber series. I would not recommend a classic Japanese rubber. The new adidas rubbers are supposedly very good from what people say online and many other brands like Andro's Rasant, Donic's Bluefire or Xioms Omega are very good for the Carbon blades as well as wood. On the safe side you could just pop on the 05. Chinese sponges are generally to hard for Carbon blades and can make problems for many players who don't have the experience in using this combination and have a very uncontrollable game of table tennis.

This supposed to be and off+ blade and so the neo rubbers should work just fine on it IMO. This is an interesting blade and it would be great to hear more reviews on it other than the one by yogi. I am looking for a blade that can hold a candle to my Gergely as a backup.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2014, 22:30 

swatteam wrote:
Bobs_Your_Uncle wrote:

This supposed to be and off+ blade and so the neo rubbers should work just fine on it IMO. This is an interesting blade and it would be great to hear more reviews on it other than the one by yogi. I am looking for a blade that can hold a candle to my Gergely as a backup.

I have it. ASC feels a lot like Amultart (used to have one but sold it) with the same top speed but a tad harder when hit hard ( zylon vs carbon). For passive stroke ie. pushes and blocks ASC behaves better than Amultart - more linear ( Amultart seems to suffer from nice 1st gear and jump to 3rd gear - this according to me ).
They're equally soft on slow passive strokes.
Initially I paired mine with OIV pro 2.0mm + Hexer 1.9mm, counter topspins, smashes, and drives is topnotch with this combo.

feel free to ask me for any other question(s).

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2014, 04:58 

Just bought one..paired it with h3 neo fh and tenzone ultra on bh(max). Good speed and good control. Nice for mid to long play. Very nice handle though a bit small( got mine in flare) no rough edges. Quality is topnotch.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2014, 15:41 

Yogi_bear had this to say about the strike...

FYI, the strike carbon is really doing well in Korea, for the past 4 months I think the sold about 6000 of these blades.. and in the first month of its release in China, about 3000 blades were sold. I think this is their fastest selling blade so far. A lot of people who have tested it says they like this over amultart or gergely alpha

:up:

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!