OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:46

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2013, 18:53 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Went to practice today and discovered the 'big hammer' in my bag, the Dark Knight, and I was keen to give it another go.

Playing with dtecs on that blade is just phenominal...everything works better! My block against loops are much more consistant, comes off shorter with much higher reversal. I can attack serves so much easier. Aggressive pushing is great, so is attacking. It seems to work best with softer LPs, so you can still brush (side swipe) even soft balls and control them.

If I was a hitter it would be perfect, but since I like to power-loop on the forehand with lots of spin, it does not work that well on the forehand. Brush loops are fine, but for medium to harder loops I get loads of speed but the spin drops right off and the ball comes off quite flat. This is where the my Tachi + shines. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Perhaps Achim can design a blade with the Dark Knight backhand and Tachi + forehand ... that would be ideal for me! I'm going to ask him. :oops:

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2014, 08:11 
Rotatus Maximus
Rotatus Maximus

Hi Alex,

This thread/blog has been a bit quiet lately... ;)

Member of Anastasia's Fan Club

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2014, 16:25 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

You're right... time to update... watch this space... :o

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2014, 16:55 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
any vids of alex in action? :)

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2014, 21:50 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Our main season, the Winter Pennant, will start at the end of this month. Once again our club managed to enter 2 teams in State League (the tops grade)! :party:

The teams are probably not quite as strong as last year's, so we'll have to work even harder this year.

It looks like I'll be put into the second team, which won't be quite as strong as our main team, but you never know.

If you'd like to see a little more about how our league works, please check out (and 'like' please :oops: ) our new SA State League Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SAStateLeague

It will be a lot tougher for me this year, as I've been put down as a No 2 player, which means I'll play the both the #1, #2 players of the opposition team, as well as the #4. Last year I played as a #3, which meant I didn't play the #2 opponent.
Since our team won last year (still celebrating every time I think of it :party: :rock: :lol: ), I'm not too worried about this, and I look forwards to the challange! :rock:

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2014, 08:11 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
Seems strange reading you talk about your winter season starting in a months time. That's the start of our fun summer league!

Moving up a position is always a compliment although I know some people in our league who arrange their ranking in the team to fit in with the time spent waiting to play their games ie the number 1 ranked player playing at home will play the first match of the night, the sixth and the tenth. That's a lot of waiting around in between matches which puts some people off.

Do you think a change in match order will affect you haggisv or are you pretty relaxed about the order you play your games?

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2014, 15:32 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Debater wrote:
Seems strange reading you talk about your winter season starting in a months time. That's the start of our fun summer league!

Yeah you guys do things upside down, don't you :P :lol:

Didn't realise England had an actual Summer :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2014, 19:09 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Debater wrote:
Moving up a position is always a compliment although I know some people in our league who arrange their ranking in the team to fit in with the time spent waiting to play their games ie the number 1 ranked player playing at home will play the first match of the night, the sixth and the tenth. That's a lot of waiting around in between matches which puts some people off.
Do you think a change in match order will affect you haggisv or are you pretty relaxed about the order you play your games?

For us it's quite different playing in a different position, because you play higher level players when you're in a higher position.
All players are ranked with a score out of 500, based on previous year's result. Each team has 4 members, and they must be ranked in order of their point score, so the strongest is always No 1.
Now for a 4 member team, you only play 3 opponents, and the ones you play depends on your own position.
player #1 plays opponents #1, #2 & #3
player #2 plays opponents #1, #2 & #4
player #3 plays opponents #1, #3 & #4
player #4 plays opponents #2, #3 & #4

So as you can see, the #2 player plays more stronger opponents than the #3 player, as #2 has to play both opponents #1 and #2.
This is also taken into account to work out the point score for the next year...50% in position #2 is worth more points than 50% in position #3.
This may sound complicated, but once you know it, it's quite easy.

The main reason the league decided to have bigger teams (4 instead of 3), is to allow more players from the lower grades (especially juniors) to be able to get taste and some experience against the top players.

Last year I got about 50% as a #3 player, beating #4 players most of the time, beating the occasional #1 player, and about 50/50 against #3 players. This year will be a lot tougher as I'll be playing all the #2 players as well. :(

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2014, 19:57 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
haggisv, that explains who you play but not how long you have to wait between matches. Our matches start at 7:30pm and if you're ranked number 1 you will play the first match. Ranked number 1 means you will also play the last match which could start as late as 10:15pm so that's a lot of sitting about time waiting for your matches to be played and that's when some players get stiff (physical problem) or bored (mental problem). I play number 3 and am usually on last and finish first so there's less time for me to wait inbetween matches once my first one has been played - I prefer it that way, plus I sometimes struggle to get to matches for a 7:30 start due to work demands.

REB, we don't have summer. We have two Springs and two Autumns (Fall) - both of which tend to be wet. However out of nastalgia we tend to refer to May/June - August as a summer period. Now adays though I have to look up what summer means - or watch the Australian Tennis Open and seeing the players suffer to appreciate not having one!

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2014, 21:18 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Debater wrote:
haggisv, that explains who you play but not how long you have to wait between matches. Our matches start at 7:30pm and if you're ranked number 1 you will play the first match. Ranked number 1 means you will also play the last match which could start as late as 10:15pm so that's a lot of sitting about time waiting for your matches to be played and that's when some players get stiff (physical problem) or bored (mental problem). I play number 3 and am usually on last and finish first so there's less time for me to wait inbetween matches once my first one has been played - I prefer it that way, plus I sometimes struggle to get to matches for a 7:30 start due to work demands

Good point...I had not thought about that too much. It's not usually too big a deal, as there are spare tables at most venues, meaning we can have 2 matches at the same times, so the waiting times are usually not too bad.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2015, 21:17 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Our season is about to start, so after some nudging from a friend here :swear: :lol: , I thought I'd make another attempt at blogging my progress for the season.

The Draw of the season has just come out, and teams look very even, with no obvious pick for the winners. If anyone is interested, you can see the draw here: http://www.tabletennissa.org.au/pennant/draw/

I'll be playing in the top grade again (called State League), and for the first time I'm playing as a #2 player, which will be quite a lot tougher because it means I'll play the opposition's #1, #2 and #4.

Teams are formed by each clubs, but the restriction is that each team cannot have a point score of more than 1550 points. Each player gets a point score, based on their percentage and player position from last season, and the total score is added up to make the team score. This method helps even out the teams, so that's it's not just a single team that wins every year. It seems to work very well.

I had my best season ever last year, which is why I'm punished with a high point score this year of 420 points... which puts somewhat higher expectations on my performance. :oops: Although my point score is relatively high, there is still a very clear difference in level between the top players and everyone else, and I think if our state had more players, these players would definitely be in a higher grade. The good thing for me is that I get a chance to play these players, which will hopefully benefit my game.

I'm going into the new season with a new bat combination which I've been trying out over the last few weeks, which I'm loving especially for my forehand and I'm keen to make it work. The first week may tell if I'll stick to it. :lol: :lol: :lol: The combination is
Victas Koji Matsushita FL
Victas VS > 401 2.0mm
Tibhar Dtecs OX

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2015, 21:36 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
haggisv wrote:
Our season is about to start, so after some nudging from a friend here :swear: :lol: , I thought I'd make another attempt at blogging my progress for the season.

The Draw of the season has just come out, and teams look very even, with no obvious pick for the winners. If anyone is interested, you can see the draw here: http://www.tabletennissa.org.au/pennant/draw/

I'll be playing in the top grade again (called State League), and for the first time I'm playing as a #2 player, which will be quite a lot tougher because it means I'll play the opposition's #1, #2 and #4.

Teams are formed by each clubs, but the restriction is that each team cannot have a point score of more than 1550 points. Each player gets a point score, based on their percentage and player position from last season, and the total score is added up to make the team score. This method helps even out the teams, so that's it's not just a single team that wins every year. It seems to work very well.

I had my best season ever last year, which is why I'm punished with a high point score this year of 420 points... which puts somewhat higher expectations on my performance. :oops: Although my point score is relatively high, there is still a very clear difference in level between the top players and everyone else, and I think if our state had more players, these players would definitely be in a higher grade. The good thing for me is that I get a chance to play these players, which will hopefully benefit my game.

I'm going into the new season with a new bat combination which I've been trying out over the last few weeks, which I'm loving especially for my forehand and I'm keen to make it work. The first week may tell if I'll stick to it. :lol: :lol: :lol: The combination is
Victas Koji Matsushita FL
Victas VS > 401 2.0mm
Tibhar Dtecs OX

WOW, you just made it before a year had gone since last update on your blog :lol: :lol: :up: :up: Looking forward to hear how that setup works for you. New or old ball?

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2015, 21:52 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
@haggisv- dude, werent you to provide us with a video of you playing?? we are still waiting... :D |( :?: :punch:

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2015, 11:35 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Def-attack wrote:
WOW, you just made it before a year had gone since last update on your blog :lol: :lol: :up: :up: Looking forward to hear how that setup works for you. New or old ball?

New balls, we'll be using DHS plastic balls this season.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2015, 11:36 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

AA wrote:
@haggisv- dude, werent you to provide us with a video of you playing?? we are still waiting... :D |( :?: :punch:

If some of our matches this season are recorded, I might be able to post them. :oops:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next