OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:28

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2014, 17:27 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Liu not happy about Adham cutting the Chinese team from 7 to 5 players at the world championships.

http://tabletennista.com/2014/6/liu-guo ... -world-ch/

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2014, 20:36 
Super User

Blade: DonicWaldnerSenso
FH: Sriver FX-Max
BH: TSP Curl P-1R 0.5
Well, he's absolutely right, of course. You don't improve the level of weaker teams by cutting down the stronger teams (...oh alright, team ;) )
Trouble is, the infrastructure for the continued domination of TT in China is so strong, that it's going to take an incredibly long time for everyone else to catch up, even if they have the incentive to do so. Sweden had the incentive and talent base to do it in the late 80s; it's been really hard for anyone else to reach that level since.
By the way, this is a good place to recommend Nicholas' Griffin's fascinating book, Ping Pong Diplomacy, where the outlines for China's domination are made clear - nothing short of state political involvement, the effect of which continues today.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2014, 21:58 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

It's ridiculous than someone like Yan An (WR 7) or other top 20 players can't compete in a WTTC. How can one organization make so many ridiculous rule changes.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2014, 22:22 

What a shame...
Sharara still ruining our sport...

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2014, 10:16 
The Court Jester
The Court Jester

The present day ITTF is obsessed in limiting and restricting China (rather than building up the sport of TT in other countries).
If I were LGL, I would boycott ITTF by pulling all Chinese TT players from all international competitions. This will make a point, and not to mention that Adham will be happy that there will finally be non-Chinese World and Olympics champions.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2014, 05:58 
Super User

Blade: DonicWaldnerSenso
FH: Sriver FX-Max
BH: TSP Curl P-1R 0.5
shaolinTT wrote:
If I were LGL, I would boycott ITTF by pulling all Chinese TT players from all international competitions. This will make a point, and not to mention that Adham will be happy that there will finally be non-Chinese World and Olympics champions.

Actually this could be quite interesting. Given that the Chinese win everything they enter anyway, they may not begrudge missing the odd tournament where the rest of the world can compete among themselves.
Apart from odd exceptions like Boll, Samsonov, and Ovtcharov, nobody else currently playing has much experience in winning bigger tournaments. The technical and mental experience of winning would give players a confidence boost that they could use when they go back to competing with China.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2014, 15:32 
The Court Jester
The Court Jester

zzzuppp wrote:
shaolinTT wrote:

Actually this could be quite interesting. Given that the Chinese win everything they enter anyway, they may not begrudge missing the odd tournament where the rest of the world can compete among themselves.
Apart from odd exceptions like Boll, Samsonov, and Ovtcharov, nobody else currently playing has much experience in winning bigger tournaments. The technical and mental experience of winning would give players a confidence boost that they could use when they go back to competing with China.

Yes, good point. But I'm afraid the opposite would be true. It the Chinese were to disappear from international TT competition for a period of time (and they had done that before), they would emerge stronger than ever...a rather scary thought.
What we need to beat the Chinese is to have those elite European, Japanese, Korean players becoming good coaches, rather than becoming "evergreen" players.

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2014, 21:51 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Sharara's response to Liu Guoliang:

He is entitled to his opinion, which is a normal reaction of a coach. He feels targeted because China is the best in the World. But he should also take responsibility in providing help to others to improve, like Canada did in Ice Hockey and Curling, the USA did in Basketball and other sports, and Brazil did in Football (Soccer), etc. China as the No.1 TT nation in the world has its own responsibility in helping other nations improve and help the ITTF in its development program.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2014, 08:12 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

mynamenotbob wrote:
Sharara's response to Liu Guoliang:

He is entitled to his opinion, which is a normal reaction of a coach. He feels targeted because China is the best in the World. But he should also take responsibility in providing help to others to improve, like Canada did in Ice Hockey and Curling, the USA did in Basketball and other sports, and Brazil did in Football (Soccer), etc. China as the No.1 TT nation in the world has its own responsibility in helping other nations improve and help the ITTF in its development program.

I don't follow those other sports, but at the same time Ive never heard of Brazil helping other Countries in soccer or Canada helping anyone at curling?
but in the last 20 years thousands of people have to China for table tennis coaching

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2014, 13:57 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
Here we go again, how much more rubbish will intelligent men & women put up with before they completely ignore the ITTF, break away & control their own destiny? :@ :punch: :swear:
Surely it’s about continued excellence & improvement of the sport not suppression?
All I see is the opposite with most of the so called improvements like the banning of the non friction pimple rubbers & changing the size of the balls then changing them from celluloid to plastic for example.
By doing these things it doesn’t improve but lessons the possible overall qualities & skills of our great game.
Tell them where to go! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2014, 15:29 
The Court Jester
The Court Jester

That's right. His response is completely rubbish.
Has ITTF done much to promote the sport of TT in recent years? No. In fact, it has ruined the sport.
One thing I can say for sure because I'm a Canadian. I haven't seen Sharara promote the sport of TT in his own country.

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2014, 16:55 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

I don't see how Sharara can claim that it's Liu Guoliang's responsibility to train foreign players. Meanwhile, it's Sharara himself who backed a lifetime ban on Chinese players over 21 from emigrating to foreign countries and thereby raising the playing levels in their adopted lands. He can't have it both ways.

He said his #1 project as Chairman is to deal with the "China problem." Let's what new types of hypocrisy he comes up with.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2014, 18:47 

He (Adam) has never made any sense when it comes to supporting his arguments.....

Forehand: MXP
Backhand: Grass Dtecs, Tsp P3 Alpha
--------------------------------------------------------------