OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:51

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Victas Vs>401
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2014, 16:40 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Def-attack wrote:
haggisv wrote:
I loved the 1.5mm for chopping and blocking as well... it's for looping that made me try 1.8mm and 2.0mm, and 1.8mm was the best compromise for me.

I might go with 1,8 as well, bit first I want to try 402 in some version.

I have tried it for another session with other opponents. Conclusions: Significant lighter, much more control, lower throw and more difficult to loop with. But a true delight to chop with. I am not sure if I can live with the difficulties I have when trying to loop with it. My elbow still hurts (need to work on my texhnique). The are as spinny as ever but much less speed. But it might be an adjustment thing. I will keep it for now since it is so fun to have that kind of control but as soon as VS 402 is available I will go for the harder of those two in 1,8 mm.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject: Re: Victas Vs>401
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2014, 19:19 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I've been using the 401 for our whole season, and it's been my most succesful season ever, so I'm very happy with this rubber.

Although I've already shared my thoughts on this rubber in this thread, I've summarised my thoughts into a complete review of the Victas VS>401 here.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2014, 02:47 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Thx for the review, haggisv. This tempts me to try the 401 once again. I tried the 2.0 version and indeed, it was very good for looping, but not controlled enough for chopping or pushing. Sometimes the chop/push was spot on, most of the times there wasn't enough spin on it (maybe because the ball left the blade sooner than imparting spin was possible for me). If I want a jack of all trades, do I need the 1.8 version then?

@other users: is there a considerable difference in tackiness between the red and black versions? I remember I've tried the red version and it was almost non-tacky.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2014, 06:00 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Lorre wrote:
Thx for the review, haggisv. This tempts me to try the 401 once again. I tried the 2.0 version and indeed, it was very good for looping, but not controlled enough for chopping or pushing. Sometimes the chop/push was spot on, most of the times there wasn't enough spin on it (maybe because the ball left the blade sooner than imparting spin was possible for me). If I want a jack of all trades, do I need the 1.8 version then?

@other users: is there a considerable difference in tackiness between the red and black versions? I remember I've tried the red version and it was almost non-tacky.

I will probably get myself a 1,8 mm black by the end of this week... I use 1.5 for the moment and have a competition tomorrow, after that I will most likely change to 1,8 mm. Also, I play with an un-sealed blade for the moment. I will also seal it, that might do a little....

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2014, 10:58 
Chop or I'll Shoot
Chop or I'll Shoot

Been using 401 for about 4 months now and thought it was a good rubber. I don't chop with the FH much. I did think it is not fast enough for my game though. And I still think that Rakza 7 has more spin. Was thinking about going back to the Rakza 7 but I'm going to try a sheet of the Donic Bluefire JP03. I've heard a lot of good things about it. Well keep y'all updated soon.

USATT Rating: 1869

MOLON LABE!!!

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2014, 20:28 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

I ordered a blade for a friend yesterday who's I guess a US 1700 old fashioned looper (not much of a backhand). I had a free choice to order him any setup I wanted in his budget and ended up going with the JO shaped Donic senso carbon and VS 401 1.8mm. I was considering both of the 402's but lack of information and reviews in the end made me go with the original 401. Went with magic carbon on the backhand, also 1.8mm. I'll finally get to try this famous rubber myself as a bonus :up: .

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2014, 20:31 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Def-attack wrote:
Lorre wrote:

I will probably get myself a 1,8 mm black by the end of this week... I use 1.5 for the moment and have a competition tomorrow, after that I will most likely change to 1,8 mm. Also, I play with an un-sealed blade for the moment. I will also seal it, that might do a little....

I have ordered a 1,8 m black, will try it tomorrow if things go as planned.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2014, 03:22 
Comeback Chopper

haggisv wrote:
I've been using the 401 for our whole season, and it's been my most succesful season ever, so I'm very happy with this rubber.

Although I've already shared my thoughts on this rubber in this thread, I've summarised my thoughts into a complete review of the Victas VS>401 here.

haggisv,

Thanks so much for your review. I have read it once and plan to read it again over the weekend. I just ordered a sheet of Victas VS>401 1.5mm from a local vendor near my home town for one of my Joo blades. I should receive the sheet of rubber in a couple of days. After reading your review, I couldn't resist the temptation.

For me, chopping with Tenergy 64 is wonderful, when I am in position. Unfortunately, with my very slow footwork, which is of course inevitable with age, I am out of position way too often. I need to be far from the table both to allow the ball to slow down and to let be able to chop under to ball to gets lots of backspin. I am thinking that with Victas VS>401 in 1.5mm I can be closer to the table, and so I don't have to move as much. Also, the slower Victas VS>401 will give me a little more time to get into a neutral position between shots.

I am not sure if this is a good idea, but it should be very interesting to give a try.

Steven

--------------
Returned to table tennis September 2011
Canada National Team Member, 1973-1975
--------------
1972-1987
Brickell Balsa/Birch 3-ply Blade
Yasaka Mark V 1.5mm
Joola Toni Hold AntiTopspin 2.5mm

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2014, 10:53 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I hope you can make it work for you too birding&table.tennis! :up: :up: :up:

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2014, 23:24 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

I finally got to use this rubber on that combo I built for my friend. As a total combo its probably the best bat I've ever used and very forgiving. It reminded me of carbonman's combo which has that same feeling.

It was the Donic waldner sensor carbon (Jo shape) with 1.8mm vs 401 on fh and 1.8mm magic carbon on backhand. The blade is very good, you wouldn't know it was carbon, it has quite a lot of flex. This blade is a favourite of the_theologian , he's a guy that has a great feel for a good blade. Its essentially a donic allround allplay with thin carbon layers just above the core, not a fast blade but the combo was much more potent than my defplay with tg3.. Anyway hard to say if the awesome was more about the blade or vs401 but the combination was perfect. Magic carbon is pretty much like mark v like most people say but I felt its a little better than mark v. I'll buy this same combo for myself next season.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2014, 01:46 

Just switched to this rubber 1.8 for the first time. I've been playing with Xiom VEga Europe 2.0 for the longest time but have had a 2.2mm for 1 month. Looping/driving was very easy with the 2.2 rubber and spinny. I had lots of trouble adjusting chops to land on the table as it tends to go long. Passive chops were also less forgiving with the 2.0. I was about to switch back to 2.0 but decided to order Victas VS>401 and give it a try.

Played for an hour with it and just a joy to chop with. I could really follow through without 'babying' it to land at the table. Thus was getting heavier backspin that mostly landed deep in opponents table. Loops were much slower but still spinny. Took a bit more effort too but I didnt mind. I did try a change of tactic and did a close to table drive/slight top spin and that was very easy to perform and very controllable. Pushes were easy and blocking was easy and controllable. I played 1 match i with someone I usually go 5 games with but win. This time, even playing with a new rubber, I won easily 3-1 with games 11-6 . HE won first game as I was still adjusting. His style is primarily fast with drives and loops. Did not get chance to test if rubber was sensitive to spin as I didnt have anyone to play last night with spinny serves. Will try the next few nights.

Weight was surprisingly slightly heavier than my 2.2 Xiom Vega Europe even though this was just 1.8

Overall impressions , I think I'm switching over and making this rubber my primary forehand rubber paired with my Grass Dtecs.

Experimental Blade : Victas Koji Matushista Def : TSP Curl P1r LP .6 sponge : Giant Dragon Submarine Chop

My Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=25085

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2014, 05:49 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

I found the vs-401 very fast actually. Its got a very loud crack sound from the sponge when you really give it some. Granted the blade I was using it on is a least all+ so a faster blade than most you guys have tried it on. I'm also used to playing an offensive game with a much slower blade and rubber.

The owner of the vs401 now has a swollen upper lip by the way Lol. He went to block a loop I hit with his new blade but it caught the top edge of his (old) blade after it bounced on the table. It then continued on and hit his lip, got tingly and swollen. :up: . This passes my official "can it give you a fat lip rubber power test" Tm.

My friend isn't a chopper by the way but has always used Chinese rubber for a general allround club game with a very good serve and I had no confidence a normal tensor was going to be the right rubber for him. I am confident now after using it that vs401 was exactly the right choice. He's just like a typical average life long club player, he doesn't have enough power to max out a hard sponged rubber like this but it still served well for him and made good spin when he looped. Best thing about it for him is that it has excellent control and is very forgiving.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2014, 22:00 
The Twiddler

I've just put a sheet of this on my blade and had a practice on my robot. It feels fantastic!! Very controlled, with a lot of spin but best of all, it has a really nice feel when you hit the ball. I'm using it in 1.5mm which probably helps with this, but I don't feel as if I'm losing any speed or spin as a result.

I'm very pleased with it indeed.

Dr Neubauer Gangster and Desperado 2 (testing both) OX

Butterfly Amicus Professional robot
-----
Ever tried, Ever failed? No Matter.
Try again, Fail Again, Fail Better!

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2015, 01:25 

i play with V>01 2mm

i never said this before, but it has same spin like tenergy 05, and has better control. (and faster little bit +15%)

well played Victas!

BE WATER MY FRIEND

http://youtu.be/PxlIraEV8n4
http://youtu.be/3rsNPWnI64k
http://youtu.be/bZQx3Op4_oY

Blade: THE "MADAFAKA" DONIC DEFPLAY SENSO
FH: Victas V>01 2mm
BH: TSP P1R 1.0-1.3

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2015, 02:25 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
DEF THEM ALL wrote:
i play with V>01 2mm

i never said this before, but it has same spin like tenergy 05, and has better control. (and faster little bit +15%)

well played Victas!

Victas V>01 or Victas V>401?

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next