OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 11:23

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2015, 23:09 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Beta wrote:
Glad to hear everyone's positive feedback (and nice Voltaire quote)! As long as it remains helpful to people, I'll keep on with posting a review of some kind every couple of days.

Like to hear your thoughts on T-Original as I used to use that in 2.0 with speed glue and was wondering how it would be unglued or tuned with the plastic ball.

Spintech All Around Penhold blade
Spinlord Keiler II 1.5 black
Nittaku FastArc G1 red

729 all around blade
Tibhar Grass D-Tec S Red
Nittaku FastArc G1 black

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2015, 18:25 

agooding2 wrote:
Beta wrote:
Glad to hear everyone's positive feedback (and nice Voltaire quote)! As long as it remains helpful to people, I'll keep on with posting a review of some kind every couple of days.

Like to hear your thoughts on T-Original as I used to use that in 2.0 with speed glue and was wondering how it would be unglued or tuned with the plastic ball.

T-Original is one of the better SP's I've used, even without glue/tuner. I'll admit its not a very 'lively' sheet au naturel; its main positive point is that its a very well balanced all arounder. Pretty good spin production (but nothing close to Joola Express Ultra, which is my preferred rubber at the moment) but not massive, pretty good flat hit but not as good as Spectol, very average speed (unglued) for a short pip, certainly not slow, but not very fast either. The sheet has pretty good durability as far as I know, but then again I've never known a short pip to not have pretty good durability. If you're new to SP's it would be a great sheet to start with, as you can do a bit of everything. However if you know what you want in a short pip, there are other rubbers that are more specifically tailored to certain styles (very spinny: Express Ultra, Tango Ultra, and I've heard Moristo SP; flat hit: Spectol or 802 on a good sponge)

I have to imagine that the best is brought out of this rubber when speedglued.. there's no real 'wow' factor the way I've used it (water based glue).

Last edited by Beta on 15 Jan 2015, 18:34, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2015, 18:30 

Sorry I haven't had time to post any in-depth reviews lately; my time has been consumed with a research project, but rest assured I have a small bookshelf full of table tennis equipment that is waiting to be written about.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2015, 19:37 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Beta wrote:
Sorry I haven't had time to post any in-depth reviews lately; my time has been consumed with a research project, but rest assured I have a small bookshelf full of table tennis equipment that is waiting to be written about.

:rock: :rock: :rock:

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2015, 21:44 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Beta wrote:
agooding2 wrote:
Beta wrote:

T-Original is one of the better SP's I've used, even without glue/tuner. I'll admit its not a very 'lively' sheet au naturel; its main positive point is that its a very well balanced all arounder. Pretty good spin production (but nothing close to Joola Express Ultra, which is my preferred rubber at the moment) but not massive, pretty good flat hit but not as good as Spectol, very average speed (unglued) for a short pip, certainly not slow, but not very fast either. The sheet has pretty good durability as far as I know, but then again I've never known a short pip to not have pretty good durability. If you're new to SP's it would be a great sheet to start with, as you can do a bit of everything. However if you know what you want in a short pip, there are other rubbers that are more specifically tailored to certain styles (very spinny: Express Ultra, Tango Ultra, and I've heard Moristo SP; flat hit: Spectol or 802 on a good sponge)

I have to imagine that the best is brought out of this rubber when speedglued.. there's no real 'wow' factor the way I've used it (water based glue).

Thanks for the detailed review, that jibes with my recollection of it. Like my Armstrong Attack 3M but I'm anticipating needing a little more spin, so might try the larger pipped version of that.

I'll let you know about the Xiom Zava after I get it.

Nittaku FastArc G1 red

729 all around blade
Tibhar Grass D-Tec S Red
Nittaku FastArc G1 black

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2015, 04:17 
Super User

I have to imagine that the best is brought out of this rubber when speedglued.. there's no real 'wow' factor the way I've used it (water based glue).[/quote]

Thanks for the detailed review, that jibes with my recollection of it. Like my Armstrong Attack 3M but I'm anticipating needing a little more spin, so might try the larger pipped version of that.

I'll let you know about the Xiom Zava after I get it.[/quote]

i would really like to have a review of the latest generation like:beautry,spinator,uranus poly

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2015, 14:35 

agooding2 wrote:

Speaking of larger pips; I actually broke down and ordered TSP Super Spinpips, and it just arrived today (unbelievably fast shipping, I highly recommend tt-japan.net). It's definitely large pimpled; far, far larger pips than Spectol. The topsheet feels extraordinarily spinny on the sides, while having a rigid enough rubber composition to deliver some serious flat hits. I ordered it mostly just because I Love TSP rubbers, and expected to put it on my spare blade and use it once or twice before reverting back to my main setup (same reason I declined the Zava from haggisv; didn't want to accept it and not use it). However, based on the look and feel of the topsheet and sponge, I am SERIOUSLY excited to give this a try. I'll glue and cut it tonight, and try it out tomorrow to see how it hits. Its too premature to say for certain, but this may be a new candidate for my main setup!

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2015, 21:30 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Beta wrote:

Speaking of larger pips; I actually broke down and ordered TSP Super Spinpips, and it just arrived today (unbelievably fast shipping, I highly recommend tt-japan.net). !

I'm still waiting for my order from TTJapan which I placed on Christmas. Maybe it got stuck in customs.

Nittaku FastArc G1 red

729 all around blade
Tibhar Grass D-Tec S Red
Nittaku FastArc G1 black

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2015, 20:42 

Beta wrote:
agooding2 wrote:

Speaking of larger pips; I actually broke down and ordered TSP Super Spinpips, and it just arrived today (unbelievably fast shipping, I highly recommend tt-japan.net). It's definitely large pimpled; far, far larger pips than Spectol. The topsheet feels extraordinarily spinny on the sides, while having a rigid enough rubber composition to deliver some serious flat hits. I ordered it mostly just because I Love TSP rubbers, and expected to put it on my spare blade and use it once or twice before reverting back to my main setup (same reason I declined the Zava from haggisv; didn't want to accept it and not use it). However, based on the look and feel of the topsheet and sponge, I am SERIOUSLY excited to give this a try. I'll glue and cut it tonight, and try it out tomorrow to see how it hits. Its too premature to say for certain, but this may be a new candidate for my main setup!

Tsp Super spinpips which was first available in 2006 is still popular in Pro team since Haifu is excluded. the sponge itself is slightly outdated without tensor. Booster is recommended.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2015, 02:50 
Super User

Johnny1996 wrote:
Beta wrote:
agooding2 wrote:

Tsp Super spinpips which was first available in 2006 is still popular in Pro team since Haifu is excluded. the sponge itself is slightly outdated without tensor. Booster is recommended.

so superspin pips is more used in the chinese team than dolphin? do you know any players using superspinpips?

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2017, 16:50 
Super User

Beta wrote:

would like to know more about breakout impartial xb