OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:52

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Do you clean your anti?
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2015, 20:42 

Hi m8s,
I got my first anti rubber, then i'm wondering if i have to clean it like a normal inverted or no after trining sessions.
How I have to take care of my anti?
Thk you

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2015, 08:01 
Super User

Blade: On Elmstreet Ulmo
FH: Palio Flying Dragon
BH: Spinparasite
CelestialBoy wrote:
Hi m8s,
I got my first anti rubber, then i'm wondering if i have to clean it like a normal inverted or no after trining sessions.
Thk you

Just wipe it with a clean ,dry ,soft cloth before you start playing.You can also clean it with Der-materialspezialist Anti Clean.Never use other cleanings which is used for normal inverted rubbers.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2015, 21:39 

Okk I will do.
Thank you a lot ser.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2015, 22:36 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
I don't know if it's a good reference :lol: but a veteran from my ex-club always cleaned his anti with some Belgian beer. He is now almost eighty but he did it like that for almost 50 years. Few years ago, he was still D4, around 2000 level. By the way, it was no exception that this guy drank more than 10 beers during a league evening, between matches. I once saw him drink 8 (!) Chimay Bleu beers (9° alc, 33ml) on a league evening.

Moral of that story: I don't think it matters a lot how or whether you clean it (except maybe for the grippy antis)

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2015, 02:28 

Lol :D
Maybe I can use italian beer in the evenience :lol:

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2015, 06:36 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
CelestialBoy wrote:

Which anti do you play? Never ever use regular rubber cleaner which is used for inverted! If you play a frictionless anti (like Dr. Neubauer or Der Materialspezialist) you can get the special anti cleaner from Der Materialspezialist or some sort of a plastic surface cleaner. The frictionless antis are essentially a more or less hard plastic disk.

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2015, 07:47 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
I think you can indeed better use Italian beer for cleaning your anti than for drinking it :lol: :P :angel:

CelestialBoy wrote:
Lol :D
Maybe I can use italian beer in the evenience :lol:

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2015, 23:02 

...hoping the bad taste of italian beer gives more disrupton effects to the drunken anti :lol:
Matt I'm using giant dragon soft anti. It's a very poor quality rubber to my eyes, but it has very good control in defense for chopping. Overall I like it. It's pretty insensitive to incoming spin like a plastic disk, just but a bit softer. I think no-need those cleaer.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2015, 18:06 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
If my frictionless anti is a little dirty from sweat or from dust or so, should I use some water to celan it with or just a dry cloth? The kind I use for my glasses (micro fibre-type)?

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 17:08 
Super User

Blade: GiantDragon Kris2
FH: DHS H3 Neo
BH: Who Knows???
Interesting - I've never really cleaned my antispins - I feel the more dust and grime gets into it, the more slippery it is! Still though, I think wiping it with a dry towel would be best - it makes more sense than using beer! Wouldn't the beer make it tacky? :?: :D

Help me find a new blade please!

Only self-proclaimed unofficial spin doctor of OOAK. Call me Joe or musicfreak :rock:
The author of How Spin Works. The Official How Spin Works Thread. How Spin Works goes to India! See my 3D Printed/Laser Cut blade experiment blog.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 19:48 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I think it's worth cleaning just to keep it consistant... you don't want grimy spots that have significantly less friction that the rest of the surface, or it will lead to inconsistant play.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 20:21 
Super User

haggisv wrote:
I think it's worth cleaning just to keep it consistant... you don't want grimy spots that have significantly less friction that the rest of the surface, or it will lead to inconsistant play.

I learned that the hard way, but it worked the other way with me on my 804. The part closest to the logo is now slightly tacky!

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 701.7 KiB | Viewed 3616 times ]

Only self-proclaimed unofficial spin doctor of OOAK. Call me Joe or musicfreak :rock:
The author of How Spin Works. The Official How Spin Works Thread. How Spin Works goes to India! See my 3D Printed/Laser Cut blade experiment blog.

Last edited by Musicfreak0 on 25 Apr 2016, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 20:22 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
i hope AA will not resent me for quoting his PM, i also had that question and think it should be common knowledge:

"hi!

transformer like all slick antis, has a coating..so with time, the slick anti will become grippier and thus will change properties. to give slick antis a long lifespan, i would strongly recommend using the spray that der-materialspezialist provides on his homepage. after each training you should apply several spouts of spray on the rubber and wipe the liquid all over the sheet and then let it work for 30 seconds and then wipe it clean with the non-wet part of the cloth. this maintains the slickness. just make sure are using new cloth that hasnt been used for anything else and generally avoid the rubber getting in contact with sweat, fat or anything else.

cheers!"

so, i am doing that, and so should you:)

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 20:35 
Super User

111Iceman111 wrote:
Just make sure are using new cloth that hasnt been used for anything else and generally avoid the rubber getting in contact with sweat.

I have to agree with this. Look at the picture above to see what sweat does to an anti! It looks worse in the picture than it does in real life, though.

Last edited by Musicfreak0 on 25 Apr 2016, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2016, 02:24 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
I don't play anti, but if I did I wouldn't be wasting my beer on it!

185g

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!