OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:50

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2015, 11:29 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

NZ Veterans 2015 Whangarei
anyone here coming? Igot a couple of Aussies to play against
Sharad Pandit and Craig Campbell are these boys any good

http://www.tabletennis.org.nz/

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2015, 13:30 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
rodderz wrote:

I'm sure you can handle them Rodderz ;)

I really want to visit NZ, but still not quite there yet. Maybe in a few years when my daughter is a teen and is happy to do her own thing. My great grandmother was a kiwi from waiheke island.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2015, 04:52 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
rodderz wrote:

I'm sure you can handle them Rodderz ;)

I really want to visit NZ, but still not quite there yet. Maybe in a few years when my daughter is a teen and is happy to do her own thing. My great grandmother was a kiwi from waiheke island.

ooo so part of you is good, those two are the top seeds for 40's and 50's

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2015, 10:24 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

had a great time, made new friends and met old one's
got a Gold in 50'sB team with a 11-9 win type synerio in the 5th game of the doubles to win after a 2-2 singles result
I lost to Kevin Howards NSW team with the same score to set up the doubles match
it was a must win thing with there team and our team unbeaten so a classic down to the wire result

I had hard groups, lossing to Pandit and Greg davey so coming in 3rd in my 40‘是group,
in the 50's I had Craig Campbell and a Wellington Chopper/looper, I managed to win against the Wellington player with a barage of forehand smashes to win a hard match, Craig said he has never seen anyone bash so hard requardless of the spin, he received a mark himself from our earlier game, then he gave me a talking to about loosing weight and how good I could be If I did etc blah blah, some I have some goals to set there

this got me into the main draw of the 50's where I played the 8th seed, M chang, ( I stuck to his backhand at first as he tended to lift the 5th ball long , so Im up 1 -0 next game he piveted better and got me,1-1 next game I cornered him and counter hit him off, by the last game his service structure was working but I was playing well and did the old pretendy chop hard forehand serve but with long pips which had him looping long, in the end I had him picked and won well
this set me up against pandit again
the first two points made me look like a first time player against a World Champ but this made me try hard
and I was hot but late in other points and got 5 points, next game I stayed with him and rebonded some of his shots for him to start earning some respect, and I tried a couple of radom serves to make me 9-11 and even at1-1, he went back to control mode and got me 11-7 In the forth game I thought I had had blown it but I knew he was tired (he was in doubles,combines and had continuos matches unlike me) anyhow I was down 10-8 but I came back to win the remainding points as he was wanting to sit down , I found that the faster his serve was the better the ralley went for me, he may have noticed as well as he got me in the 5th 11-6, '''(3:2) 11-5, 9-11, 11-7, 10-12, 11-6

I was supried I could control his short pips with my long pips as both him a Craig straight lined missed too many times that made them try other tacktics

Last edited by rodderz on 07 Apr 2015, 11:01, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2015, 10:29 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

some results here

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2015, 11:34 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Great effort against Pandit! :clap: I've played him a few times, and struggle to take games off him.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2015, 09:02 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

haggisv wrote:
Great effort against Pandit! :clap: I've played him a few times, and struggle to take games off him.

Pandit is a great control player, i thought he just hit hard , but its the little things he does well
Chamara Fernando was 4th seed but people in the know had him as number 1 as he beat Pandit in the o40's final

got to talk to Michael Ede, Mic Wright and Case DeBondt alot

here's Michael who has a match comming up........ "Rodney whats that Globe Mo Wang like?" I say "1 or 2"
.... "whats the difference" after a look "Yep stick MW1 on"
then 4 min warmup with Brian Berry .... over he goes to his table where he is in the quarter final of the over 70's and cleans up
he walks past saying "not bad" ...and " Ill have it in .6 as well" hehehe a true ejer

I watched some of Mic Wrights games and I said to him " you are at the table player now" he said "it is better to attack than defend as he gets older" Mic seldom makes a mistake even with using double long pimples (actually the third double pips player I saw there) Mic' bat looks like a old toy but he said Michael has a hundreds of bats at his home

Now Case DeBondt, a real fighter but with a great respect for his opponents shots as well, 1 min growling chopping ,hitting next second smiling and having fun

and all three true legends and great to talk to

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2015, 16:10 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
rodderz wrote:
got to talk to Michael Ede, Mic Wright and Case DeBondt alot...

here's Michael who has a match comming up........ "Rodney whats that Globe Mo Wang like?" I say "1 or 2"
.... "whats the difference" after a look "Yep stick MW1 on"
then 4 min warmup with Brian Berry .... over he goes to his table where he is in the quarter final of the over 70's and cleans up
he walks past saying "not bad" ...and " Ill have it in .6 as well" hehehe a true ejer

Sounds like you had a good tourney!

You chatted with some of the same blokes Ill chat with at a Vets. Case I grew up with as a skilled elder. Mick Ede plays at my club a fair bit and I have a lot of time for the bloke...nice fella! Mick W Ive chatted wiith at Vets but not as much. BB I've played twice and had some great chats with.

I reckon guys like Case and MW could play with most pips pretty well. Years ago Case tried some Bomb Talent I had and then says here's some cash, can you get me 6 sheets of it :lol:

Dont ya love those comments about how much better a player you'd be if you just lost Xkg's :punch:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.