OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 02:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 21 May 2015, 05:30 

I love hitting with long pimples I have tried a lot of lps starting with Giant Dragon Meteorite in the 7 months or so I have been playing with pimples . I have tried Hellfire Grass D Tecs and several others but in competition I have found the rubber which is easiest to hit with and causes the worst effects for my opponents seems to be the Meteorite.I have considered Cropcircles but have not tried it yet. I play with the fastest Donic blade maybe that helps I don't know . I tried ox but found it difficult and I could not generate enough speed. I tried Doctor N Monster with 2.1mm sponge that was ridiculously fast easy to play with but it was hard to generate enough effect. Please can somebody advise me on the best attacking long pimple with the worst effect for my opponents or maybe I have found them already?

PostPosted: 21 May 2015, 06:32 

loveattacklongpimple wrote:
I love hitting with long pimples I have tried a lot of lps starting with Giant Dragon Meteorite in the 7 months or so I have been playing with pimples . I have tried Hellfire Grass D Tecs and several others but in competition I have found the rubber which is easiest to hit with and causes the worst effects for my opponents seems to be the Meteorite.I have considered Cropcircles but have not tried it yet. I play with the fastest Donic blade maybe that helps I don't know . I tried ox but found it difficult and I could not generate enough speed. I tried Doctor N Monster with 2.1mm sponge that was ridiculously fast easy to play with but it was hard to generate enough effect. Please can somebody advise me on the best attacking long pimple with the worst effect for my opponents or maybe I have found them already?

Did you try the 1.2mm stranger attack? you can hit or loop with it. for me, people should find an attacking long pimple with best effect, not with good speed.

PostPosted: 21 May 2015, 09:10 
Super User

Dawei 388 D-1, ox, red
one of ...

PostPosted: 21 May 2015, 11:14 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I think you need stiff long pimples with some grip, so that you can attacking even topspin balls and still generate some slight topspin. I know the TSP P-H is effective for close-in attack, as well as Dr N Allround Premium.

PostPosted: 21 May 2015, 14:00 

haggisv wrote:
I think you need stiff long pimples with some grip, so that you can attacking even topspin balls and still generate some slight topspin. I know the TSP P-H is effective for close-in attack, as well as Dr N Allround Premium.

I find some of the red CK531A ox I rec'd are very stiff and good for attacking. The problem is that they are very sensitive to incoming spin :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

PostPosted: 21 May 2015, 15:53 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
egghead wrote:
I find some of the red CK531A ox I rec'd are very stiff and good for attacking. The problem is that they are very sensitive to incoming spin :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

I though they had quite good reversal and not a lot of grip. There are 2 versions though, so perhaps your is another version.

PostPosted: 21 May 2015, 16:30 
Incredible Shrinking Man

as you mentioned is Giant Dragon Cropcircles is worth trying. If you fancy a little wider LP is CF 3 an excellent choice.
I myself have good experience with CF3.

Cheers
Geddk

PostPosted: 21 May 2015, 20:22 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
:^) Allow me to disagree. IMO, Palio CK531a OX is not sensitive to incoming spin and has high reversal. Although it is quite stiff, I still found it quite difficult to attack with, probably because of the lack of grip...

Edit: sorry didn't see Haggisv reaction... So I second that. I doubt the other version would be grippy...

egghead wrote:

PostPosted: 21 May 2015, 22:35 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
I'll add another dissenting voice... my experience of red CK531A OX was that it offered great reversal, wasn't very grippy, but was hard to use for attack.

PostPosted: 22 May 2015, 09:19 

haggisv wrote:
egghead wrote:

I though they had quite good reversal and not a lot of grip. There are 2 versions though, so perhaps your is another version.

I only have few CK531A sheets act like that. I always think I got some bad sheets; some of the pips head edge are not clean :punch: :punch:

PostPosted: 23 May 2015, 00:24 

My two cents: Cropcircles for close to table LP attacking. Cross checked against Pogo (OX and 0.6), GD Meteorite (ox), 755 (ox), Dornenglanz (OX). Difference was obvious on robot using lp "loop" (stroke starting at knee, upward at 45 degree angle), active block, side swipe. CC was more consistent at to entry at opposite side, precise as to placement, with plenty of speed. Caveat: (1) these are my strokes and may, or may not, be pertinent to yours; (2) passivity with CC is a "no no" and power loopers will punish that passivity.

PostPosted: 23 May 2015, 03:43 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
curl- p1-r , allround premium, predator

PostPosted: 28 May 2015, 08:39 
Super User

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Joola Dynaryz ZGR
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
Played against an opponent using All Round Premium on a Matador blade in our Summer League. He didn't attack so I can't say how good it is. Only his first competitive match with it. My first ever use of a plastic ball! DHS 3 star with a seam. Slow and difficult to spin. No breakages.

Bulldog

PostPosted: 29 May 2015, 05:38 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu83dMhOdc

[youtube]jTu83dMhOdc[/youtube]

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2015, 04:21 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
It takes a lot of practice, but learning to attack with Tibhar Grass D Tec S is pretty nasty for any opponent to deal with. I'm getting back to looking to attack more with my pips and I love them for attacking. In OX they generate a ton of winners on his. I tried the All round Premium with sponge and my opponents didn't have much trouble returning them. 388D-1 are also very good for attacking, as is Giant Dragon Talon.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5