OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 03:30

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2015, 01:02 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Lorre wrote:
I hope XSF and DHS get their disagreements behind them and start producing the XSF ball. It will be an enrichment to the sport.

Eh, what's this? They're having a disagreement? The XSF ball isn't being produced? ;)

Iskandar

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2015, 06:44 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
My experience last night (and this is not the first time). I played and warmed up with three balls-XSF and two Yinhe. They played identical. I played another player and we used celluloid-the adjustment was seemless. Then I played on and off with celluloid (3 star gamblers) and my yinhe/XSF balls with no real problem. Finally I played with a player who had some nittaku premium 40+ and it took a full game to adjust. Indeed I kept serving into the net and missing easy shots. I do not mind using the premium 40+ but it is very different from the XSF family of balls (which I currently prefer for availability and price).

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2015, 06:48 
Bytes worse than his Bark
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
Lorre wrote:
Quote:
I hope XSF and DHS get their disagreements behind them and start producing the XSF ball. It will be an enrichment to the sport.

Iskandar said:
Quote:
Eh, what's this? They're having a disagreement? The XSF ball isn't being produced? ;)

I think what Lorre means is that DHS, maker of balls contractually used in most ITTF tournaments, starts rebadging the XSF seamless ball so that it can be used in most ITTF tournaments.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2015, 07:03 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Blade: Joola Vyzaryz Trinity
FH: Golden Tango
BH: Golden Tango
vanjr wrote:
My experience last night (and this is not the first time). I played and warmed up with three balls-XSF and two Yinhe. They played identical. I played another player and we used celluloid-the adjustment was seemless. Then I played on and off with celluloid (3 star gamblers) and my yinhe/XSF balls with no real problem. Finally I played with a player who had some nittaku premium 40+ and it took a full game to adjust. Indeed I kept serving into the net and missing easy shots. I do not mind using the premium 40+ but it is very different from the XSF family of balls (which I currently prefer for availability and price).

It's different but still better than the Chinese seamed and less of a transition. It takes me 2 minutes to switch vs. 5 minutes for Chinese steamed, and the Nittaku ball stays consistent during matches while Chinese steamed, especially DHS, deteriorates with hard hits.

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2015, 08:51 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
iskandar taib wrote:

Iskandar

Iskandar, you joker... :punch: :D

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2015, 13:37 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

vanjr wrote:

I have also had that happen and yes, about one game is what it takes me to adjust. But still infinitely better than Ckinese seamed balls, which should all be used for landfill.

PostPosted: 25 May 2015, 21:48 
Joo Too
Joo Too

An update after the past season: I didn't get the chance to introduce the seamless polyball into my team (too many practical hindrances to do this). However, I gave the XSF to the top player in the club and he advised the board to use that ball next season. They are testing the ball ATM and it looks promising. They are testing balls made in July of 2014. I don't notice any difference between the ones from March/April I'm having and the ones being tested.

The smaller club I play in will have to change to plastic next season and I advised them to use the XSF. Hearing from the sounds of the guy who runs the club he'll do it.

I know one club that uses the XSF ball. They'll test the other seamed polyballs in this midseason because they heard the balls improved a lot. I agree with this. I played with the Tibhar seamed polyball after Christmas and they appeared to me to play better (the balls came through again). However, I don't know the production date. The XSF still plays a lot better (higher bounce, better durability).

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 26 May 2015, 11:33 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

THE NEWER THE BETTER...

ITTF was very annoyed with the early plastic poor quality. Hence, all the manufacturers have now improved the plastic formula remarcably as compared to the 2014.
So I would only commend the newer plastic of 2015 to purchase.
DHS of 2015 batches is much superior to those of 2014.

PostPosted: 30 May 2015, 00:51 

I do like the 3 star XSF, and few days ago I also played with a 1 start XSF for a bit. Those are rather poor - rather inconsistent bounce, and seems to skid of the table sometimes.

PostPosted: 30 May 2015, 01:13 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
I too am very happy with the XSF 3* and think they play very consistently. Managed to break our first one today in many hours of play, it happened when my opponent top-edged a ball. They seem super-durable.

185g

PostPosted: 30 May 2015, 01:57 
Joo Too
Joo Too

I wonder why XSF doesn't make orange balls? If they did, they'll conquer the market with their balls. After all half the world uses orange TT balls.

PostPosted: 30 May 2015, 07:04 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Lorre wrote:
I wonder why XSF doesn't make orange balls? If they did, they'll conquer the market with their balls. After all half the world uses orange TT balls.

Is this true? You almost never see any orange TT balls in Sweden. At least not at competitions or league matches. I have never used anything but white TT balls in those situations. (Sorry, I just had to put "TT" in those scentences or it would be a whole different story :D )

PostPosted: 30 May 2015, 20:07 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Def-attack wrote:
Is this true? You almost never see any orange TT balls in Sweden. At least not at competitions or league matches. I have never used anything but white TT balls in those situations. (Sorry, I just had to put "TT" in those scentences or it would be a whole different story :D )

Strange. In Belgium a lot of teams play with orange balls, depending on the color of the walls/floor and the color of the table.