OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:19

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2010, 05:35 
Super User

from my not much skilled point of view, MP works with sponge, while LP is meanest when OX. this creates difference in speed when playing. MP is not meant to slow down tempo of the game that much as LP, with MP you still maintain it. and that is the reason I stayed with MP (and SP), never wanting to switch to LP. due to different tempo it changes the game in a way I never wanted my game to change. to me it is a matter of enjoyment in game, something beyond winning

nice review it was JSK, militall II simply calls to be tried, from what you've described I'd say it is helluva MP ;) :clap:

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2010, 06:51 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thanks guys!

JKC: Yes I think my perception was similar... I really should go back and try it again, I'm probably a different player since I tried it, and might find it to be quite different.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2012, 17:41 

from reading these i can't help to ask even if the threads been open for a while- which is better allaround mp and easier to control, millitall or pimplemini? tnx.

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2015, 20:25 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Is there anyone there that has tried both Millitall II and Palio WP1013 that can make a comparison?
I think Millitall II sounds very intreresting, and I think it would suit my game well. I have been using LP for 5 years but changed to SP like 5 months ago (using Spectol 1,5 mm) and tomorrow I will try my new MP Palio WP1013. If Millitall was easy to get hold of I might give it a go, but I am not sure where to buy it...

Edit: just found it here: http://ttnpp.com/store/rubber/705-tsp-m ... ss-1_4_1_7
Might give it a go later...

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2015, 21:18 
Super User

I have never tried/played with this rubber.
http://shop.bribartt.co.uk/table-tennis ... ll-ii.html also sells Millitall II
Sounds a good rubber for you to try from description. Good luck ;)

Edit: It appears to be cheaper at ttnpp

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2015, 13:00 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
With the recent sharp drop in the AUD, OOAK Shop is even cheaper, at around USD$24 :o Yep, surprised me too, usually can't compete with Asian stores. :oops:

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2015, 15:15 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

haggisv wrote:
With the recent sharp drop in the AUD, OOAK Shop is even cheaper, at around USD$24 :o Yep, surprised me too, usually can't compete with Asian stores. :oops:

Cool! Just got my Palio WP. Will evaluate, then perhaps give Millitall a go. But Palio looks very nice, probably a lot like Millitall.

PostPosted: 13 May 2015, 03:38 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Def-attack wrote:
haggisv wrote:

Cool! Just got my Palio WP. Will evaluate, then perhaps give Millitall a go. But Palio looks very nice, probably a lot like Millitall.

I have to say, Palio is nothing like Millitall. I would say Millitall is more close to TSP P-4. It is very grippy when the soft pips are bent, and it is eady to hit with. Enormous back spin can be made from pushes (perhaps even more than from inverted since the rubber kind of eats the spin) and from chops against slow loops. Against fast loops Millitall is a little fast to handle. When chopping with Palio there is not much spin at all generated, same from pushes. But Palio has some nice sink effect, that does not happen from Millitall. But Millitall blocks and hits like a SP (close to Spectol). I like it!

Practicing pushes and blocks with Millitall on a Joo-blade:

Practicing FH attacks and distance chopping with Millitall on a Joo-blade:

PostPosted: 29 May 2015, 16:55 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I have been using MTII for a few more sessions and it is getting better and better so far. My first impression that it plays a little like Spectol at high impact and like a fast TSP Curl P-4 at low impact is still valid. You can really do almost anything with this rubber even though looping won't win you any points. But vary pushes between lots of spin and low spin is easy. That can be done with chops also but against a fast loop you can't do much more than an ordinary chop with backspin on par with Feint Long II. To add more spin than the incomming ball has you need a slower loop that you havbe time to work with. So make them loop slow and you will be able to make them net it :devil: .

New to me from yesterday's session is that it is very good for blocking. You can block with it like an inverted and the ball will come back slow and with low top spin. But if you hold your bat more opend, 90 degrees from the table, you can block very low and as fast as you decide. Thos blocks are very difficult for your opponent to handle since thay might carry some back spin. Very nice! Especially easy is this block when FH loop is comming towards you from the middle of the table and you block it far to opponents BH. You can also block nicely straight down the line but this is more tricky unless you use the block with more closed bat.

Attacking is rather easy but it is flat hits (fast block with bat 90 degrees to the table) are the best. Looping is difficult since the grip vary alot with the impact and bat ange. This makes some loops go way high while some goes to the net. So flat hits are the best and these can be made very fast and nasty. You can also attack or drive a little away from the table. About 1,5 meters away from the table you need to start thinking of chopping instead though :-)

The only downside I can think of for the moment is that it is a little on the fast side for chopping (but I just changed blade from VKM to Joo so that is also a big change) and, of course, this rubbers gives you a few more possibilities every time you have to decide what stroke to perform. To handle all these decisions I need to refine and precise my game plan so I know what to do in every situation.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2015, 05:51 
Super User

Blade: Donic alligator combi
FH: FS Bloom Power max.
BH: TSP curl P4 1,0mm
DA

Good to see you getting along with the MTII. I played it before in 0,7mm.

You played with P4 and FL2 before. I don't see the advantages of the MT2 compared to the mentioned long pimples.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2015, 06:33 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

brokkie wrote:
DA

You played with P4 and FL2 before. I don't see the advantages of the MT2 compared to the mentioned long pimples.

MTII can generate more spin on pushes than P4. It is more easy to attack and block with. You can block and generate topspin and you can block and generate a sink ball. And with the extra speed compared to P4 you put more preassure on your opponent.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2015, 07:52 
Super User

Blade: Donic alligator combi
FH: FS Bloom Power max.
BH: TSP curl P4 1,0mm
Def-attack wrote:
brokkie wrote:
DA

MTII can generate more spin on pushes than P4. It is more easy to attack and block with. You can block and generate topspin and you can block and generate a sink ball. And with the extra speed compared to P4 you put more preassure on your opponent.

As i recall you played the P4 in 1,0 mm. Did you ever tried the 1,5 mm version? A completely different animal. Softer, faster, more spin. Possible to produce some topspin.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2015, 14:28 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

brokkie wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
brokkie wrote:
DA

As i recall you played the P4 in 1,0 mm. Did you ever tried the 1,5 mm version? A completely different animal. Softer, faster, more spin. Possible to produce some topspin.

Nope, only tried it in 1.1 mm.