OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:41

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: donic defplay senso
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 07:57 
More Block Than Bite

dazzler wrote:
i tried 05 in 2.1 and 1.9 and that too threw the ball too long for my liking the 05 fx is better but i am using a thinner 1.7 sponge

Where are you getting T05fx in 1.7 sponge? Anywhere in US? I see it everywhere in 1.9 and 2.1 but only found 1 site that had it in 1.7, but shipping was ridiculous :lol: .

Donic Defplay Senso | Yasaka Mark V 2.0 | SL Dornenglanz OX

Donic Defplay Senso | Butterfly Sriver | Testing

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 16:42 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
i got it at teesport.not great for topspin in this thickness

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2011, 06:58 
More Block Than Bite

dazzler wrote:
i got it at teesport.not great for topspin in this thickness

Thanks :) , yea I don't like it to thick, harder to control and adds to much weight to oversize blade.

Donic Defplay Senso | Yasaka Mark V 2.0 | SL Dornenglanz OX

Donic Defplay Senso | Butterfly Sriver | Testing

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2012, 20:41 

Just to give my ideas on the Defplay Senso.

Rubbers that i have tried on the forehand: Donic S1 Turbo 2.0mm, Barracuda 2.0mm, Acuda S2 2.0mm, Andro Hexer HD 1.9mm.

From my experience of the rubbers mentioned above.

Acuda S2 2.0mm and Barracuda 2.0mm that I have found being consistent and easy to control and can be used on either classic defense or modern defence style play.

If you want more spin-oriented game, I'd recommend the Hexer HD 1.9mm. It does well in drives and loops.

The S1 Turbo 2.0mm didn't go well for me since I find the rubber too reactive and a bit difficult to control especially for close to the table play. I find it more suited for mid-distance.

Rubbers that I have tried on the backhand: LP Donic Akkadi L1 0.5mm, LP Mo Wang 0.5mm, LP Alligator DEF Ox, LP Tibhar Grass DTecs OX.

The Alligator DEF OX and Grass Dtecs OX are slow and easy to control on the Defplay Senso. They both have good disruptive factor as well as are good for close to the table play with decent performance from mid-distance. I tend to favour the Dtecs more.

The Akkadi L1 is also a easy to control LP and is more suited for mid-distance play.

I didn't really enjoy the Mo Wang LP on the defplay so I won't comment on it.

The Combinations that I have tried and found good are:
i) Acuda S2 2.0mm/Barracuda 2.0mm FH and Akkadi L1 Ox BH. This set-up is more suited for mid-distance play though you can play it for close-to-the table play.
ii) Hexer HD 1.9mm FH and Grass Dtecs OX BH. I like this set-up for spinny-oriented and close to the table play.

I hope this info helps!

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2012, 22:33 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Very useful, thanks mitsurugi! :up:

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2015, 18:13 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence II
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P 2.2
BH: TSP Curl P1r 0.5mm
im using this blade for a week and its very good price/quality/performance
(before i had Xiom Aigis, Bfly JSH and Andro Fibercomp)
i will be comparing to all of them
Speed:
Fibercomp > JSH > Aigis > Defplay

Spin making:
Aigis=Defplay > JSH > Fibercomp

Spin Reverse:

Dwell time:
Defplay > Aigis > JSH > Fibercomp

Control:
Defplay > Aigis > JSH > Fibercomp

Block:

Loop ability:
Aigis > Defplay > JSH > Fibercomp

Description
Defplay is very flexible and slow def blade with very high control.
Aigis is as well very flexible but faster than defplay with very good control (little less than defplay).
JSH for me has medium flex with all+ speed and still remaining high control.
Fibercomp has lowest flex due to 2x glass fiber with lowest control among the those 4 blades.
As we all know stiffness is better for blocking, smashing, giving more spin reversal, less control, less dwell time and usually softer rubbers feels better.
While flex is better for looping, chopping, making own spin, more control, more dwell time and usually harder rubbers feels better.

Conclusion:
i like flex feel with hard rubbers, so aigis or defplay should be best but...
defplay seems to be too slow when u are counterlooping far from table (and im using Haifu Blue Whale II max sponge which is little faster than T05 max)
aigis has too big headsize which i dont like plus its twice expensive and i broke last one

what do u think about donic appelgren allplay (one of three types) for modern defensive style?
its faster than defplay but still a lot of control with a lot of flex

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2015, 20:10 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
I bought Defplay for my uncle, a year ago, put 729 Origin and Superblock on it, an boy, in adition of great chopping, the blade block well! Better than my Def Alpha.

Furthermore, it a lot more stable than my current Def Alpha.

The only offmark is that because it Flared, and I love Straight handle. :)

I gave 07 for block, 02 for drive, 09 for chop, 06 for loop, 00 for speed potential, 08 for spin potential, 08 for control potential. The score is degree / interval, not numeric. :)

Think 05 as normal average. Donic Waldner Senso Carbon or Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon will be All 5 or 6. :)

Slow speed but spin monster hard to medium sponged rubber (h3 series, sprungfeder g3 a2, geospin tacky, etc) at ~ 1.5 mm and combined with slow spinny pips (Feint OX, Dr Evil, etc, although I put 0.8 mm sponge behind them) will turn this blade into deadly chopper weapon. :)

Or, make it very versatile with something like Palio CJ8000 biotech, LKT Pro XP, or Kokutaku 868 ~1.7 mm and Akkadi L2 or Dawei 388D-1 1.3 mm, and this blade can do well for anything near and far the table, except drive / smash. :)

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2015, 21:22 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Garbol to speed up the f/h of Defplay I used a hard gloss varnish it does make a difference,the dwell is very slightly less too which I like.I`ve tried allround and all+ blades and they don`t chop as well and also the close to the table attacks are not as good for me

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2015, 21:34 
Super User

dazzler wrote:
Garbol to speed up the f/h of Defplay I used a hard gloss varnish it does make a difference,the dwell is very slightly less too which I like.I`ve tried allround and all+ blades and they don`t chop as well and also the close to the table attacks are not as good for me

hm... it looses some flex but it should be as much (good point dazzler)
it increase feeling with chopping all+ blades i was thinking to put TSP Curl P4 0.5 instead of P1R 1.0

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2015, 14:07 

Blade: Yasaka Sweden Defensive
FH: Stiga Calibra Tour M max
BH: Friendship 729 - 755 Ox
dazzler wrote:
any users of this blade please can you recommend rubbers to try on forehand,a rubber that will return serve nice and flat / short and good for loopdrive also as i attack on that side at every oppportunity,i like the tenergy but i am interested to know what others have tried

I've been using Donic Bluefire M2 max thickness on my forehand with the Donic defplay senso. I love it. Fantastic control, excellent speed and good spin. Highly recommended.

Setup 4: Nittaku Resist, Xiom Sigma I Europe max on forehand, Friendship 755 0.5 mm on backhand
Setup 5: Victas Koji Matsushita, Yasaka Rakza 7 max on forehand, Bomb Talent 0.5mm on backhand
Setup 6: Butterfly Defence 4, Yasaka Rakza 7 max on forehand, Bomb Talent 0.5mm on backhand

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2015, 20:50 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Hi Vietma,it`s an old thread but thanks for the suggestion,I actually decided to try a standard Tenergy 05 1.9 and will be trying this out in the next few weeks with the polyball ready for next season,I think that it has more topsheet grip than the Bluefire offers and lasts longer also which probably evens out the extra cost

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2015, 17:55 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Interesting that BeGo says a stiff blade is better for blocking but has less control. I would agree that speed would be been better if you can get them back on the table but i would have thought more control would be important for blocking to keep them on the table. I guess which is better depends on you ability.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2015, 19:58 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
Cobalt wrote:
Interesting that BeGo says a stiff blade is better for blocking but has less control. I would agree that speed would be been better if you can get them back on the table but i would have thought more control would be important for blocking to keep them on the table. I guess which is better depends on you ability.

Well, I cant help it.

Mostly because I start from the softest and most controllable blade available, Defense Alpha. :)

Sent from my T1X Plus using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2015, 18:32 
Super User

i'm playing with defplay
best rubbers for it are hard ones
for me best /price/performance is tibhar evolution mx-p
this ruhbber is hard, spinny and fast excellent for blade like this

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2015, 01:54 
Super User

I use this blade with Rasant powersponge - this is a match made in heaven :rofl:
I like this the mediumsoft sponge helps to hit hard hits and fh loops.
RP is also very spinny on the DP.
I have tried Tenergy 05, the throw angle is way too high on this blade.
A high throw angle rubber on a soft flexy blade is a bad idea.

I am a 100 % EJ, but have played RP for more than a year, there are going nowhere !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next