OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:21

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2015, 02:04 

Thanks AndySmith and Yogi for checking on licensing status. In light of this information, I plan to stick with my Adidas rubber for the time being.

I agree among Adidas rubbers TZU and P7 likely have the biggest following. I too hope Greenmaster continues production of these in a rebranded form.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2015, 19:02 
Super User

Blade: Zhang Jike SZLC
FH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Blk
BH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Red
I wonder is it possible to lobby Greenmaster to continue making the Tenzone Ultra and in particular their SF version under their own brand name. As already mentioned the P7 is another popular one particularly in a 2.0 on the BH. Baracuda is close to it but a bit spin sensitive.
I've been able to source the Tenzone Ultra series for around €34 so it was a lot cheaper than a Tenergy at €60+ a sheet. Other ones for around €30 for the original Tenzone & the P7.
When the 1Q XD was being dis-continued I stocked up but later regretted it when I was started using Tenzone. Can now see myself switching to something else unless Adidas dumps the sheets at knock down prices.

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
It's a damn shame that a company can get customers hooked on products like this and then just bow out leaving people in the lurch. There should be some levy on them to guarantee their product ITTF legal for a decent period after they stop producing/paying ITTF fees. I'm sure there will also be old stock around sold by unscrupulous retailers way after the rubbers are illegal that some poor bod will buy and be denied using in some competition somewhere.

Good point. In car insurance some money goes into a special fund for uninsured drivers. Likewise I'd like to see that a rubber continues to be licenced for at least 2-3 years after it's being dis-continued. Although if it's 2017 I suppose we can't complain too much. Adidas pulling out is an exceptional event.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2015, 19:26 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Multispoke wrote:
I wonder is it possible to lobby Greenmaster to continue making the Tenzone Ultra and in particular their SF version under their own brand name.

A good idea, but they'd have to go through the whole ITTF phase again, because the label would be different, and this would involve significant fees as well. I'd be surprised if there isn't a similar ESN product out there already... you can only tweak the technology so far.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2015, 23:55 

Tenzone Ultra users hopefully will have an easier time finding a good alternative ESN, but I'm wondering if P7 users like me might have more difficulty finding a rubber closely matching P7's qualities among the non-ESN alternatives.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2017, 13:33 

By any chance has anyone heard of new licensing/manufacturing possibilities for Adidas rubbers, such as Greenmaster Fitness taking over production?

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2017, 13:56 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Would you like to play with something called "Greenmaster Fitness"? :lol:

Iskandar