OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:08

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post your Bat(s)
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2015, 07:58 

My new "chopping dragon" bat, i love it. :Defense:
Blade: Giant Dragon Balsa Def
Rubbers: Giant Dragon Soft Anti 1.5 mm, Giant Dragon Talon OX

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2015, 14:09 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Butterfly Timo Boll OFF
FH: Friendship 802-40 2.4mm
BH: Dawei388C-1 Medium pip ox
That is a real nice bat CelestialBoy!

A two sided chopper must be VERY fun!

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2015, 01:55 

Blade: STIGA INFINITY VPS V
Rubbers: AIROC M

I thought it could be good that when posting your setup also wright a little review and why you have chosen that particular setup so other members can go in and get some good advices and information. If anyone is interested here is why I have chosen to play with Infinity VPS V together with Airoc M.

I have chosen to play with the Infinity Vps V because I love the good balance between power and control in the blade and I suits me good since I’m an all round to offensive player who tries to dominate rallies from mid distance with my forehand. I also like this blade because it’s not to heavy and the weight suits me good since I feel that I have no problem to move my racket fast close to the table.

Another thing that I really like with the Infinity is the feeling and dwell time I get in the my services and returns, so easy to play with!

The reason I have chosen to combine my Infinity Vps v with Airoc M is becasue I feel that they work very good together, and I have also always been a fan of Stigas product. I think Airoc M works very good with the new poly ball and that is way I chose to change from my Tenergys when the celluloid ball became forbidden, of course it’s also a question of the price since I still love Tenergy but I think Airoc M is cheaper alternative that I find works equally good.

I usually boost my rubbers with two thin layers of booster to get it a little softer which I like. Of course the equipment is very individual but I really like my current setup and can highly recommend it for all round to offensive players!

Attachment:
bild 2.JPG
bild 2.JPG [ 127.92 KiB | Viewed 10673 times ]

Attachment:
bild 1.JPG
bild 1.JPG [ 133.02 KiB | Viewed 10673 times ]

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2015, 06:50 

I'm a Milky Way / Yinhe fan, so this is what I have so far:
Left to right: T-5 RITC Faster 2.2mm / RITC Super FX 2.2nm
T-6 RITC GeoSpin Tacky 2.2mm, RITC 802 Tack-Speed 1mm short pips. I think it's 1mm anyway, it doesn't say on the packaging.
T-7 Hurricane 2 / Palio CK531A 0.6-0.8mm frictionless LP

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 191.43 KiB | Viewed 10476 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 172.27 KiB | Viewed 10476 times ]

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2015, 13:41 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Hi Iron Lee!

You have quite an assortment of bats there!

Double inverted :topspin:

Short Pips

Long Pips

I appreciate seeing evidence of a learning curve through variety!

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2015, 15:28 

Bty JSY blade
Donic Acuda P3 max
TSP Curl p1r 0.6

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2015, 20:44 

glennholder wrote:
Hi Iron Lee!

You have quite an assortment of bats there!

Double inverted :topspin:

Short Pips

Long Pips

I appreciate seeing evidence of a learning curve through variety!

Yes thanks 8) I didn't want to learn one style, people always classify themselves as defensive or offensive, I wanted to do both. The only thing I won't get into is penhold, I'm staying shake hand but want to do it all. I played with medium pips for a long time on my T7 before I switched to the LP to learn that. :up:

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2015, 00:49 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

CelestialBoy! Question for you: What is it like chopping with anti? Does it do the spin continuation like the long pips? Does it impart much spin? Is it accurate? Any other playing characteristics?

THANKS!

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2015, 04:24 

Blondie wrote:
Blade: STIGA INFINITY VPS V
Rubbers: AIROC M

I thought it could be good that when posting your setup also wright a little review and why you have chosen that particular setup so other members can go in and get some good advices and information. If anyone is interested here is why I have chosen to play with Infinity VPS V together with Airoc M.

I have chosen to play with the Infinity Vps V because I love the good balance between power and control in the blade and I suits me good since I’m an all round to offensive player who tries to dominate rallies from mid distance with my forehand. I also like this blade because it’s not to heavy and the weight suits me good since I feel that I have no problem to move my racket fast close to the table.

Another thing that I really like with the Infinity is the feeling and dwell time I get in the my services and returns, so easy to play with!

The reason I have chosen to combine my Infinity Vps v with Airoc M is becasue I feel that they work very good together, and I have also always been a fan of Stigas product. I think Airoc M works very good with the new poly ball and that is way I chose to change from my Tenergys when the celluloid ball became forbidden, of course it’s also a question of the price since I still love Tenergy but I think Airoc M is cheaper alternative that I find works equally good.

I usually boost my rubbers with two thin layers of booster to get it a little softer which I like. Of course the equipment is very individual but I really like my current setup and can highly recommend it for all round to offensive players!

Attachment:
bild 2.JPG

Attachment:
bild 1.JPG

Do you play in ITTF tournament :cash: ? because I'm wondering why you think you must change rubbers because the celluloid ball is "forbidden". Unless you play those tournaments why worry about it? I use the celluloid ball and I always will, and I use various "illegal" rubbers too. Don't let one tournament league dictate what you can and can't use.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2015, 11:17 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Iron Lee!

I like your comment!!!! :up:

Quote:
Do you play in ITTF tournament :cash: ? because I'm wondering why you think you must change rubbers because the celluloid ball is "forbidden". Unless you play those tournaments why worry about it? I use the celluloid ball and I always will, and I use various "illegal" rubbers too. Don't let one tournament league dictate what you can and can't use.

very logical!!

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2015, 19:18 

glennholder wrote:
Iron Lee!

I like your comment!!!! :up:

Quote:

very logical!!

Thanks :rock: This is my opinion, of course if you want to base your playing around ITTF rules go right ahead, but unless you are training to play in that league, it doesn't make much sense to me. I'm not going to stop using the celluloid ball just because one league says they are "illegal". Do they own the sport?

Post subject: What is the point of SP?
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2016, 21:40 

Iron Lee wrote:
I'm a Milky Way / Yinhe fan, so this is what I have so far:
Left to right: T-5 RITC Faster 2.2mm / RITC Super FX 2.2nm
T-6 RITC GeoSpin Tacky 2.2mm, RITC 802 Tack-Speed 1mm short pips. I think it's 1mm anyway, it doesn't say on the packaging.
T-7 Hurricane 2 / Palio CK531A 0.6-0.8mm frictionless LP

So here I am responding to my own post... I'm still playing with all of these but I am finding the T-6 RITC GeoSpin Tacky 2.2mm with RITC 802 Tack-Speed short pips set up to be what I use most.
The 802 Tack-Speed Short Pips seem to be a middle ground between spin and speed, a sort of very effective all-around rubber I guess, I can chop or switch to an ok topspin attack. A little more tacky than normal SP.
The Geospin Tacky is not as tacky as my Hurricane 2 on my T-7, but it seems a TOUCH faster. I like the Geospin Tacky enough to buy another sheet just to have it.
Although, I am still confused about what the advantage of Short Pips is exactly. Speed and the ability to chop? I don't know, but they work good for me. I twiddle and try either side as BH and FH with good results either way, different types of shots.
I think rubbers in general can be very subjective. Each person can have very different opinions.. it's a matter of finding what feels good.. I think if I have this set up on a T-7 it will be amazing. So I plan to get another T-7 and the same rubbers and set that up. The T-7 will allow for a bit more control. Ok, whatever :D

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2016, 14:20 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Hi Iron Lee!

I appreciate your post!

Yes, SP can be a lot of fun! Blocking, flat hitting and chopping are easy with SP! Serve return is fun too, it's often east to fool an opponent because they are used to their side spin serves always coming back to a certain side of the table, but with SP you can choose where you want to return easier!

And, hitting and steering the ball off "the short hop" is easier with SP.

I also like Geospin Tacky, it's a very accurate rubber. I've always used it in 1.5mm, so the 2.2mm is faster, I'm surprised that it is a bit faster than H2! I think Geospin is an awesome rubber!

Thanks for the update!

glennholder

Post subject: Post your Bat(s)
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2017, 18:39 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
Bit of a shame that this thread is not so active anymore. I’ve enjoyed looking at the bats that are still visible.

I’ll add some pics of the others when I get a chance.

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2017, 16:12 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Sanwei Fextra aka Nordic VII (euro market).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next