OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 18:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Wally Rebounder Company
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2015, 12:22 

Edit Moderator: In fairness to the maker of this product, we would ask that you read the other side of this story further down in this thread. Since the post below appears to be an emotional & angry outburst by a new and unknown member who has not returned since posting, it's fair for us to question if this post was made to inform other customers, or to 'bad-mouth' the company because he didn't get what he wanted.

THE WALLY REBOUNDER COMPANY IS HORRIBLE. FIRST OF ALL, THE BOARDS DON'T LOOK LIKE THEY DO IN THE VIDEO. RUBBER PADS DO NOT EXTEND TO THE END OF THE BOARD. SECONDLY, THE SEEM IN THE MIDDLE RUINS TRAJECTORY. THIRDLY....CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE. THE LOW QUALITY STANDS COLLAPSED ON MY SONS FINGER AND PRACTICALLY SEVERED IT. I WROTE TO THE COMPANY AND BARELY GOT A RESPONSE. AFTER SEVERAL ATTEMPTS HE FINALLY AGREED TO A REFUND....BUT IT TOOK ALMOST A WEEK JUST TO GET A RESPONSE AND HE DID NOT EVEN REFUND MY SHIPPING COSTS. I AM OUT $250 FOR URGENT CARE BILLS, AND ANOTHER $50 IN SHIPPING COSTS. THIS GUY DOESN'T CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS AT ALL. DO NOT BUY FROM HIM.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2015, 06:21 
Bytes worse than his Bark
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
Calm down and stop SHOUTING.

More information and less of a rant would be good.

Be careful to keep your story strictly factual.

We understand that you are upset.

How old is your son? Was the item set up according to instructions?

Paragraphs would be good too.

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2015, 20:12 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I believe this is the unit that he is referring to, is that right patburk?

The website is here:
http://www.wallyrebounder.com

We already have a thread on this here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18348

For USD$200 it does not seem too bad value to me.

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2015, 22:33 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
I remember the company owner (I think it was) being on the forum some years ago talking up the product. If it truly has some dangers or design faults to it, people should know. However, it needs to be discussed calmly and factually (as Retriever said), so that people can be properly informed. And if someone from the company were to respond to the post, they can address the issues properly. Its understandable to get emotional when a product fails to deliver and causes harm, but its more helpful to the OP and everyone else if we can be constructive here.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2015, 09:20 

I RECOMMEND THE WALL-E REBOUNDER COMPANY...

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2015, 07:54 

In response to patburks false and slanderous post, Wally Rebounder will provide a detailed rebuttal. Wally Rebounder stands by our statements in this post and is willing to publish email trail to prove. We ask permission from patburk if it is OK to publish the emails?

IN REBUTTAL:
First, patburk states our company is horrible. Our response: That’s patburks opinion, we believe the contrary that having been in business 5 years and patburk is the first and only negative response is a testament to a wonderful company.

Second, patburk states that the boards don’t look like they do in the video. Rubber pads do not extend to the end of the board. Our response: The board we sell look like they do in the video [see link attached in previous posts], and yes it’s obvious the rubber doesn’t extend to the edge of the board – it’s designed that way and shown that way.

Third, patburk states the seem (seam) in the middle ruins trajectory. Our response: That’s just slanderous. What is patburks basis for making this statement? Is patburk a trajectory expert? Does patburk have any experience playing on return boards? Has patburk even hit the seam? We’ve been playing and designing rebound boards for seven years and in our experience there is little if any change in the trajectory. However, in the event the trajectory varies slightly, we’ve found that this is a good thing as random returns are good for your skills and make more challenging play.

Fourth, patburk states customer service is horrible…I wrote to the company and barely got a response. After several attempts he finally agreed to a refund….but it took almost a week to get a response….
Our response: Patburk is lying. Here are the true facts. On Oct 5, 2015 at 4:35 AM patburk emailed requesting a refund. Less than 12 hours later on Oct 5, 2015 at 4:26 PM Wally Rebounder responded and issued the return authorization per patburks request.

Fifth, patburk states the stands collapsed on my sons finger and “practically severed it”…I am out $250 for urgent care bills. Our response: This is a different story from what patburk wrote in email. In this version patburk says the stands crushed his little boy’s finger but provided no details of what happened, what a little boy was doing with the stands in the first place or whether the parents were supervising. Next had patburk’s son practically severed the finger as patburk now claims, I can attest having personally severed a finger that you won’t be going to any urgent care, you’ll be going to the emergency room and soon after that - surgery.

Sixth, patburk states he did not even refund my shipping cost…I am out…$50 in shipping costs. Our response: Ah, now we get to the crux of patburk’s issue. Contrary to our written policy in emails, patburk demanded that patburk not be charged for shipping and at times threatening lawsuits. When patburk did not receive what patburk demanded, patburk wrote, in addition to other threats, that because we did not refund patburks shipping and handling costs… patburk is going to launch a campaign in every social media to expose what a piece of sh..t you are… hence patburks posting.

Finally, patburk states we don’t care about customers at all. Our response: Simply not true. Customers who threaten lawsuits aren’t high on our list but with regular customers, when we sell our product, we always ask if they have any questions we’re here to help and to keep us posted on their progress. For some, rebound boards can be tricky so we strive to help everyone work their way through any difficulties. When customers have questions we respond - just like when we issued the timely return authorization for patburk.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2015, 10:21 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Thanks for the detailed response Wally Rebounder!

I think it's great that our forum can be used to provide feedback on companies and retailers, and everyone can tell their side of the story. :up:

However I would not want our forum to be used for some kind of 'smear campaign', because someone was not happy with the product or service. parburk's post does seem more like an emotional outburst, rather than a detailed account of what actually happened, which did make me wonder what really happened. The fact that patburk has not been back here since he posted, also makes me wonder what the intention of his post was.

It would be great if patburk would allow Wally Rebounder to post the contents of the Emails trail, so that we can see the facts for ourselves.

How about it patburk, will you allow Wally Rebounder to post the Email trail (removing any personal details of course!), to back up your statements?

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2015, 13:32 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Somehow I doubt we will see patburk again. Hope he proves me wrong though.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2015, 17:02 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I've been thinking of building a rebound board, and this one gives me a few more ideas.

One weakness - you can't set it up over the table. Note the backspin drills on this other brand:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2015, 00:59 

We believe there is a point where a posting isn't constructive to the forum but destructive for the recipient - in this case wally rebounder. We've rooted out the posting as a revenge tool for the sender - that's pretty obvious. We believe it's the responsibility of any forum once a posting is known to be false that said posting should be removed. We come from Oregon where 9 innocent people just got shot and killed and the current thinking in the states is to remove online remarks by this trash and don't even acknowledge them. This helps prevent them using the internet that spreads this disease. If others see this type of posting they think well maybe I can do it. Your forum should be a positive, constructive experience not filled with hate and lies like patburk is spreading. I'm thinking that maybe this would be a good general forum question - when should a posting be removed?

Finally, iskandar posting above is exactly what this forum should be about - constructive ideas.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2015, 12:42 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Wally Rebounder wrote:
We believe there is a point where a posting isn't constructive to the forum but destructive for the recipient - in this case wally rebounder. We've rooted out the posting as a revenge tool for the sender - that's pretty obvious. We believe it's the responsibility of any forum once a posting is known to be false that said posting should be removed. We come from Oregon where 9 innocent people just got shot and killed and the current thinking in the states is to remove online remarks by this trash and don't even acknowledge them. This helps prevent them using the internet that spreads this disease. If others see this type of posting they think well maybe I can do it. Your forum should be a positive, constructive experience not filled with hate and lies like patburk is spreading. I'm thinking that maybe this would be a good general forum question - when should a posting be removed?

While I understand your point of view, consider the following... and this is just my personal opinion;

Who gets to decide what information is false? What we have here is two opinions from two different people that we don't really know, how can we be sure which is the truth? Should be believe you because you sound more credible, or because you run a company?
It would be an impossible task for moderators to prove beyond any doubt that one person is right, the other is wrong. This is something moderators do not, nor should they, get into. In most cases, the truth lies somewhere in-between the two opinion, as both parties will express some bias in their favour, even if this is not their intention.
The best way to handle posts like this, and this is how virtually all forums do it, is to give each party the opportunity to express their opinion. In most cases (which I believe includes your above), it will be pretty obvious which is closer to the truth, but readers should decide this for themselves.

Your example of what happened in Oregon is a totally different thing, and probably a rather inappropriate example IMO. Posts spreading hatred, racism, discriminations or anything like that, will always be deleted immediately, as it's completely inappropriate and it's clearly against the forum rules. That's not the case here at all... it's simply one (very unhappy) person expressing their opinion against a company that sold them table tennis equipment. We allow them to express their opinion, and you've refuted their claims in detail, which is your right. Anyone reading this thread is going read both sides of the story... which do you think they'll believe?

I strongly believe people should have the right to express their opinions freely (as long as they're related to table tennis and do not break forum rules), and comments should not be removed because one party believes the claims are false. Similarly everyone has the right to refute any claims, and tell us their side of the story.

I'd be more than happy to discuss how issues like this should be handled on the forum, but it's probably more appropriate in a separate topic, which I'll be happy to start up if you want... just say the word. ;)

All in all, I suspect it's given your company some good exposure by highlighting your products, and the negative post by patburk is probably having the opposite effect that he wanted...

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2015, 16:07 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

As a long-time forum participant here, I've seen a great deal of disagreement between posters on a large range of issues. It is always said posters are entitled to their opinion but should not make their opinion personal toward another and they risk a warning if they do. Continuation of this behaviour may then warrant either deletion of posts or banning from the forum or both. If patburk were to return here and continue a smear campaign against Wally Rebounder, reason would arise to delete those posts and ban him. At this point though, it does not even appear he will return, so even a warning would be moot. It is also debateable when a company is involved whether an opinion can be considered "personal". If patburk's post is considered defamatory by the Wally Rebounder company then I'm sure there are legal avenues to redress this against patburk, and the deletion of his post would only serve to delete evidence supporting such a case. I don't think it is in anyone's interest for the topic to be deleted, and as Haggisv has pointed out, it has actually served to re-raise the profile of the Wally Rebounder product here, and I don't think there would be too many seeing the OP as factually representing the products characteristics.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2015, 06:13 

Thank you Alex for directing people to view my rebuttal. To summarize our response from above:

1. WALLY REBOUNDER HAS VOLUNTEERED TO PROVIDE EMAIL CORRESPONDENCE TO PROVE FACTS - PATBURK HAS NOT.

2. WALLY REBOUNDER HAS DEFENDED THEIR PRODUCT AND COMPANY WHEREAS PATBURK SIGNED UP AS A NEW MEMBER, ATTACKED OUR COMPANY WITH A FACTLESS BASED POSTING AND THEN NEVER CAME BACK TO RESPOND.

3. PATBURK DIDN’T WANT TO PAY FOR SHIPPING SO THREATENED LAWSUITS AND SOCIAL MEDIA TRASHING.

4. PATBURK IS LYING ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE. HE SAID IT TOOK A WEEK TO GET A RESPONSE FOR A REFUND WHEN IN FACT IT TOOK LESS THAN 12 HOURS.

5. PATBURK IS MAKING UP FALSE STORIES ABOUT THE BOARDS APPEARANCE AND PERFORMANCE.

6. PATBURK FABRICATES A STORY ABOUT AN INJURY IN ORDER TO NOT PAY FOR SHIPPING.

PLEASE READ OUR REBUTTAL ABOVE AND IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE EMAIL US AT:
[email protected]

WITH OVER 5 YEARS EXPERIENCE, WALLY REBOUNDER HOPES OUR EXPLANATION AND FACTS PUTS YOUR MIND AT EASE SO YOU MOVE FORWARD WITH THE BEST PURCHASE OF YOUR LIFE – A WALLY REBOUNDER.

VISIT OUT WEBSITE AT http://WWW.WALLYREBOUNDER.COM

PostPosted: 20 May 2018, 15:38 

I am the director of the Alameda Table Tennis Club. I don't have any affiliation with "Wally Rebounder" nor do I know the owners or any employees.

We have a large training program for kids (with a couple on the National team). We got a Wally Rebounder about a week ago, many of our kids are utilizing it, and we are finding it quite useful.

Regarding the O.P. and his assessment, I can't say that I agree. The stands are of good quality, and I have never gotten a bad bounce from the seams. The unit looks just like the one in the videos, and I am much more comfortable having kids around this than I am having them around our robot.

Never spoken to the makers, but did get answers to a couple emails I sent within 24 hours.

So my assessment as a table tennis club director is: Good company. Good product.

Dave