OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:23

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2015, 17:18 
Super User

RevanII wrote:
+1 to all the other guys ;)
Difference between red and black is really marginal (it may even be something one wouldn't notice), so stick with red which is the color you already use for your pimple, and again i think one should stick with his thickness when changing because:
- in order to compare the new rubber to the old ones
- changing sponge with pimples is not like going from 1.8 to 2.0 mm on an inverted rubber... 0.5 thickness is half the sponge of 1.0 mm, so it changes so much the overall behaviour of the rubber on many shots!

Thank you RevanII! I will do just that. I will set up a new JSH blade with 1.0mm red P1-R. I'm going to change my FH rubber to Tenergy 05 in 1.7mm sponge because it will allow me to dig my pushes and chops more when close to the table but I won't lose attacking capabilities when looping and hitting.

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2015, 19:58 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
ridderz65 wrote:
Thank you RevanII! I will do just that. I will set up a new JSH blade with 1.0mm red P1-R. I'm going to change my FH rubber to Tenergy 05 in 1.7mm sponge because it will allow me to dig my pushes and chops more when close to the table but I won't lose attacking capabilities when looping and hitting.

And yet again you're trying to run, but you can't walk yet. Only change one variable at the time. So change first the pip on the same wood and with the same FH rubber. See what effect this has. If you like it, get used to it and then change another component. Etc.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2015, 22:43 
Super User

Update for this week.

I've had another 3 league matches. Winning 7 out of 9 games.
In the York league I managed to beat one of the best players in the division, I came from 2-0 down to win 3-2. Very pleased. The person I lost to has improved a lot over the summer, he hasn't lost a match yet and stands on 100%. He spent 2 weeks in China over the summer on a table tennis school, 2 weeks solid table tennis coaching from Chinese. Jealous! I was 2-1 up against him and lost in deuce in the 4th end. Then I couldn't quite make it in the deciding game.
In Selby we played against the team that has won the league for the last 8 years running. We managed to get a 5-5 draw! I won 2. I managed to beat a York division 1 player which was great for my confidence. We are top of the selby league as it stands.
In Ryedale my team won 10-0, taking my personal average to played 9 won 8. We are top of the league in this league too.

This month I have decided I will only be purchasing one new thing. I'm going to give the Yasaka Rising Dragon rubber a try. I've heard it's very spinny. And I want a rubber that will give me more on serves and I can then 3rd ball attack. Would this rubber be a good choice for really spinny serves? (I know it's all about technique, but it helps having a really good serving rubber that's spinny). Any suggestions?

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2015, 22:11 
Super User

So I've managed to find a supplier of Yasaka Rising Dragon and I can get it for under £33 a sheet with my clubs discount! Cant wait to try it out!
My 3 set ups are going to be JSH blade, Yasaka RD Black 2.0mm and S&T Hellfire 0.9mm Red.
JSH Blade, Yasaka RD Black 2.0mm, TSP Curl PR-1 1.0mm Red.
Defplay Senso Blade, Tenergy 05FX 1.9mm Black, Tibhar Grass DtecS 0.9mm Red.

That is going to be me for the rest of the season. I'm sure new rubbers will catch my eye though over the next few months!

I am hopefully sorting out another video this week. Showing me in an actual match. Hopefully it will come together.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2015, 20:16 
Super User

I have posted a lack of updates recently, but just an overview of what had happened so far.
All season I have been using the JSH blade with 0.9mm red Hellfire. I have been using a few different FH inverted rubbers but after testing the Tibhar Evolution MX-S that's what I have gone for on my bat. That is what will stay.
I have now got a Japan made Bty Korbel blade, which I am going to pair with 0.9mm Hellfire too. I have a spare Tenergy 05 Fx which I will place on the FH.

So far regarding league play, my team in the Ryedale league are top of the first division. I've played 18 won 15.
In the Selby league my team are top of the first division and I've won 19 out of 21.
In York, my team are mid to low end of the second division table, we got promoted last year from the third division. I've won 15 out of 21.

It's a promising first 3 months so far with my new equipment and my experimentation, which seems to be potentially coming to an end.

I will be trying out the Korbel with the Hellfire set up and I will be trying TSP Curl P1-R on the Joo blade in the season.

I'm pretty sure the Korbel blade I've looked at is a genuine Japan made one. Can anyone clarify this for me by looking at this ebay listing? http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/361425428174

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2015, 20:24 
Super User

The eBay link doesn't seem to work. Can someone go to www.ebay.co.uk and type this number into the search and tell me if the blade is a genuine Japan made Korbel? 361425428174

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2015, 21:45 
Super User

Blade: Zhang Jike SZLC
FH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Blk
BH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Red
ridderz65 wrote:
The eBay link doesn't seem to work. Can someone go to http://www.ebay.co.uk and type this number into the search and tell me if the blade is a genuine Japan made Korbel? 361425428174

Checked out that ebay listing and didn't see anything that indicated it was made in japan.
Did post recently 2 pics of the standard one & the made in japan version and it's double the price.
Since Teesport are the official UK Butterfly supplier did you ask them if they supply it ?

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=28313#p299779

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2015, 21:49 
Super User

Multispoke wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:
The eBay link doesn't seem to work. Can someone go to http://www.ebay.co.uk and type this number into the search and tell me if the blade is a genuine Japan made Korbel? 361425428174

Checked out that ebay listing and didn't see anything that indicated it was made in japan.
Did post recently 2 pics of the standard one & the made in japan version and it's double the price.
Since Teesport are the official UK Butterfly supplier did you ask them if they supply it ?

When I looked at that listing I saw it said made in Japan in the logo window on the blade handle. Did you not see that?

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2015, 21:55 
Super User

Blade: Zhang Jike SZLC
FH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Blk
BH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Red
ridderz65 wrote:
Multispoke wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:

When I looked at that listing I saw it said made in Japan in the logo window on the blade handle. Did you not see that?

It's in the picture alright (didn't see it !) but no mention in the description.
You could post a question to the seller or send him a PM.
I've seen to many items for sell that have pictures of some other similar item.

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2015, 21:43 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
How are things, Ridderz?

Any new videos coming up 8) ?

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2016, 23:40 
Super User

It's been such a long time since I updated my blog. I do apologise for that!

As things stand, I have had a very successful season in the York and Selby leagues. My season in the Ryedale league has been no where near what I predicted pre-season, but I feel like I haven't been as up for matches in this league compared to the other two.

My team in York currently sit second bottom of the 2nd division, however I have a win average of 80%. I have beaten the best players in this division and it's been noted that I have had a very successful season in York. I even deputised in the 1st division for one match and managed to win 2/3 and beat a 60% win average player in the first division! That was my best moment this season.

In Selby, my team sit 2nd in the league with one match to play. This is against the team in 1st place. If we win 8-2, we win the league. It will be very tough as the best we have done is won 6-4 against them! Personally, I have a 92% win average in Selby division 1 and sit 2nd top of the win averages. Losing only 3 games all season. Very happy with my debut season in Selby.

In Ryedale, my team currently sit 1st in the 1st division, however, teams below us have a game in hand. I have around a 78% win average in this league and I expected closer to 85% pre season. I just don't seem to be quite as interested in these games compared to the other two leagues. This needs to change as it can affect my whole standard of play!

I have settled with a set-up of Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk blade with black Tibhar Evolution MX-S 2.0mm on the FH and red Sauer & Troger Hellfire 0.9mm on the BH. This has been probably my best set up i've ever used. I still get an itch to try out a couple of things, but right now it would just be FH rubbers. I'd like to compare the MX-S to Tenergy 64 and Victas VS > 401. One thing that makes me want to try the Tenergy 64 is because it seems 95% of pro modern defenders use it, and should suit my style.

The Selby league finishes this week, and the York and Ryedale leagues end in April. Once it gets to the Spring/Summer I have some plans to go and train up at Ormesby table tennis club and get some coaching. I'd like to play British League next season and I feel I may make their bottom team.

Does anyone have anything they would like to ask me?

Ridderz65

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2016, 02:09 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Blade: Joola Vyzaryz Trinity
FH: Golden Tango
BH: Golden Tango
LOL. So what did you try before settling on MX-S and what do you like or not like about MX-S?

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2016, 02:21 
Super User

NextLevel wrote:
LOL. So what did you try before settling on MX-S and what do you like or not like about MX-S?

Not quite sure what the LOL is for?

I like the MX-S in the fact it's great at lifting underspin and very controlled. It's nice in the short game there isn't much rebound and you can keep shots nice and tight. Doesn't seem particularly sensitive to spin so not too difficult to return serves etc. Good in the hard push game I can really dig with it. My serves seem to have lots of spin too. The only thing I'd like is for it to be a little quicker and better away from the table for counters and fishing.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2016, 03:53 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Blade: Joola Vyzaryz Trinity
FH: Golden Tango
BH: Golden Tango
The LOL was for the desire to try more FH rubbers and for the question you didn't answer - how many rubbers you tried before settling on MX-S. Happy you agree on the suitability of the rubber for your game. I agree on the weaknesses but I think it is a rubber that will tolerate a faster blade or a blade with asymmetric qualities very well.

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2016, 05:23 
Super User

NextLevel wrote:
The LOL was for the desire to try more FH rubbers and for the question you didn't answer - how many rubbers you tried before settling on MX-S. Happy you agree on the suitability of the rubber for your game. I agree on the weaknesses but I think it is a rubber that will tolerate a faster blade or a blade with asymmetric qualities very well.

I tried FX-P, Andro rasant power grip, tenergy 05 Fx. MX-S felt the nicest. The fact I use a defensive blade makes me wonder if I can get the same qualities with extra speed from tenergy 64.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!