OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 07:31

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 21 May 2014, 10:32 
LoopER Chopin

Blade: Shiono
FH: Spectol
BH: P1r
Is there a particular type of blade that those kind of anti's work well with? Firm, soft, fast, slow?

PostPosted: 21 May 2014, 17:28 

It is said that the best GlAnti-Blades are with carbon. I'm using a BBC X-Fusion, and also tested a Sauer&Troeger Zeus that also was really good.

Material A: BBC X-Fusion, Hellfire OX, Vega Pro 2.0mm, 166g
Material B: BBC 8.5-10-8.5, Dornenglanz OX, Vega Pro 1.8mm, 157g

Link: Pimp-My-Blade-Forum

PostPosted: 21 May 2014, 17:56 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
tabesamis wrote:
Is there a particular type of blade that those kind of anti's work well with? Firm, soft, fast, slow?

stiff carbon is always good or woods specially made for antis

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2014, 12:21 

I have Re-impact Tachi Plus,Re-Impact Dr Barath and Stiga Rosewood XO
Can you recommend blade for beast anti rubber ?

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2015, 07:41 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
Hello everyone. I have a question about Beast and spin reverse. I bought DrN Hercules and try my Der Materialspezialist Beast on this blade. Previously, i played with Beast on Yasaka Balsa wood and i was satisfied with spin reverse and disruption but i felt a lack of control in blocking power loops. I glued the racket (but not with glue sheet) and tried it in a couple of hours later. The control with Hercules was amazing although this new combination was faster. But spin reversal was disappeared or was on minimum. My opponent could hit every my block after his topspin stroke. I didn't believe....What's wrong? Maybe fresh glued rubber made it faster and cancel the spin reverse?
Moreover, all catalogs said that my old blade Yasaka balsa have to be slightly faster than Hercules, but in my situation was the opposite.
What do you think about Hercules and spin reverse.....?

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2015, 07:36 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
mataxxl wrote:
What do you think about Hercules and spin reverse.....?

I think it is excellent! I use the Hercules blade with Dr. N ABS anti and you get great reversal. You should get a similar reversal with Beast anti. I don't think something happended to the sponge as that should not effect the reversal (it could screw up control and breaking affect though) as that comes from the slick topsheet. Is your topsheet still very slick after switching to the Hercules blade? Did you get moisture or grease on the topsheet?

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2015, 20:05 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
I always try to keep the top sheet clean. With Yasaka balsa blade my short blocks are very dead (very slow and strong backspin) so my opponents often put the ball into the net. With Hercules short blocks are not so slow and dead and opponents push the ball back without problem. In the other hands, long blocks are faster and opponents have a short time to adjust to loop stroke and also they mean that long blocks are without spin because of speed. Thus, long blocks trick the opponents and this is advantage.
Matt, i believe that ABS and Beast are similar. Which blade did you try with ABS. Hercules, Rosi Emotion,.....and......?

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2015, 02:21 
Super User

mataxxl wrote:
Matt, i believe that ABS and Beast are similar. Which blade did you try with ABS. Hercules, Rosi Emotion,.....and......?

Besides Herkules and RE, I have also tried Stiga Intensity Carbon, TSB Black Blizzard and Nexy Kanaph; these are all stiff carbon blades. To me, Herkules works the best in terms of control and reversal. I have never tried the ABS on a balsa blade because I generally do not like the balsa feel. I do not know how your Yasaka Balsa compares to the Herkules in terms of speed but I would rate the Herkules somewhere All+ to Off-.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 20:19 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
I have a Beast 1.5mm on order but it'll take about a week for it to get here, in the meantime another EJ in my club had a 1.2mm sheet at home that he will let me try since he doesn't use it. My plan is to use the Beast on a Stiga Clipper but I'm a bit worried that it'll be too fast when blocking harder shots. I know that the Nightmare 1.2mm definitely felt too fast and bouncy when I tried it on my Clipper. My backup plan is to use it on a Stiga Offensive Classic which is a lot slower, I love these two blades for my FH and would prefer if one of them could work.

I will try my friends 1.2mm Beast on my Clipper tonight but my question is how much slower the 1.5mm really is? I had a quick hit with his Beast 1.2mm late yesterday (way too late actually haha) that he had mounted on a Timo Boll ALC and that felt very slow, a lot slower and easier to handle compared to Nightmare. Speed-wise I had no problem blocking the hardest drives, of course I still had my usual OX LP technique though which messed things up. Granted, the Boll ALC is a tad bit slower than the Clipper IMO but the difference is very small and I expect the 1.5mm to make up for that difference.

The reason I want to know is that when my 1.5mm arrives I would like to have settled on the blade so that I don't have to move it to another blade.

For those that've tried both 1.2mm and 1.5mm, what do you think? Is there a big difference in speed/bounciness?

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 00:46 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
a good question, i would also want to know...

i have a 1.2 version...i took it bcs they said it has more spin reversal, but now i am wondering if i had made the right choice...

i have lot of struggle to keep hard fast balls at the table...its like the sponge bottoms out and then rubber dont even bounces the ball to the net...

it is really strange...so i would like to know if that also happens with 1.5 version?

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 01:47 
Super User

111Iceman111 wrote:
a good question, i would also want to know...

i have a 1.2 version...i took it bcs they said it has more spin reversal, but now i am wondering if i had made the right choice...

i have lot of struggle to keep hard fast balls at the table...its like the sponge bottoms out and then rubber dont even bounces the ball to the net...

it is really strange...so i would like to know if that also happens with 1.5 version?

This is an inherent problem with frictionless antis, keeping hard drives or loops on the table. No (junk) rubber is perfect! ;)
1.5 will makes it a little bit better but simply adding 0.3mm more sponge does not make the problem go away. I think that Dr. Neubauer Buffalo is generally better in this regard since it is a slower rubber, but again the problem does not go away I am afraid.
Try to go a step back on a hard ball to give you more time and also you have to be really loose when blocking a hard ball. Try to block the ball with a very loose and relaxed wrist.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 02:25 
Super User

Matt Pimple wrote:

1.5 will makes it a little bit better but simply adding 0.3mm more sponge does not make the problem go away. I think that Dr. Neubauer Buffalo is generally better in this regard since it is a slower rubber, but again the problem does not go away I am afraid.

that sentence might be misleading. have you tried beast or is that a mere assumption?

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 04:44 
Super User

AA wrote:
Matt Pimple wrote:

that sentence might be misleading. have you tried beast or is that a mere assumption?

It is an assumption on the specific part of the Beast based on experience with Dr. Neubauer antis, where the thicker sponge would make it easier to block hard shots as you do not bottom out on the sponge as easily but you generally loose some spin reversal. I am pretty sure, based on many test reports, that Buffalo is slower than Beast. Please correct me if I am wrong here.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 06:17 
Super User

Matt Pimple wrote:

It is an assumption .

yeah.. thats what i thought..it doubt it makes much sense comparing two rubbers when one hasnt tried one of the two :^)

my beast experience is ages ago and it was on an entirely different blade than when i tested buffalo. its possible that buffalo is slower. but blocking with beast was better than on buffalo, because buffalo reacted stronger when loops had less spin. but as mentioned, it was on two different blades.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 07:14 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
so it would be perfect if someone that tried both would step up and say something:)

i am tempted to buy 1.5 beast, but since i already have 1.2 i dont know if i would gain much...it is also possible i need to order one of their blades...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next