OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 09:20

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 08:57 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
haggisv wrote:
Pipsy wrote:
After my match I watched on the LARC-app on my mobile. Curl P1 wasn't mentioned on it but many (all?) forbidden TSP sheets were written down in red on that list (Bamboo, Cactus, etc.). Since Curl P1 was not written in red, I thought they might still be legal and that P1r was just an improved version or so.

Where did you see that list Pipsy? Is it only on the app, or on the ITTF website as well?

Yes the actual LARC PDF is really the official document, and the one that's updated regularly, so if it's not on there, it's not legal.

Only on the app... I should have checked the official Pdf-document

rodderz wrote:
why would a league match have the chance of a 8-8 finish, if so who wins?
we don't have games with draws so why not have a odd number of matches and not a even amount?

It's a league, total of 12 teams, 22 encounters, home and away. It's the result of the team (4 players) that counts. Winner gets 3 points, draw 2 points, loser 1 point, not playing/ff 0 points... Bit like a football league f.e.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 09:09 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Lorre wrote:
Great, now I have to have one myself... :P

YES!

Def-attack wrote:

I recall Wang Xi was not allowed to play a league match because the umpire did not see the small "r" on his TSP Curl P1-r and therefore said it was not appropriate. That was like 3 years ago.
Anyway, good for you to start a blog! It will be interesting to follow.
And now you have a very good reason to do something about you Belgium fellows and your camera phobia :up: :up: :up: (I mean you and Lorre ;) ). You will get a lot more feedback if you film a few seconds of drills and match play. So put your smartphone on some kind of stand and start filming. You don't have to show the whole world your playing, you can keep the clips unlisted on Youtube so they can only be seen by those who have the correct URL (and visitors to your blog will of course see it).

So, that old P1 was also a chopping rubber? But harder to control and with nastier effects then... Doubt it would have been an advantage for Wicked Wang Xi... :lol:

Well, I didn't really start the blog to analyse my game. Who knows maybe one day.

Already played twice to Lorre, score 1-1. Will report about the third encounter (coming soon probably) if that ok with Lorre :P

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 16:43 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Pipsy wrote:
Lorre wrote:
Great, now I have to have one myself... :P

YES!

Def-attack wrote:

I recall Wang Xi was not allowed to play a league match because the umpire did not see the small "r" on his TSP Curl P1-r and therefore said it was not appropriate. That was like 3 years ago.
Anyway, good for you to start a blog! It will be interesting to follow.
And now you have a very good reason to do something about you Belgium fellows and your camera phobia :up: :up: :up: (I mean you and Lorre ;) ). You will get a lot more feedback if you film a few seconds of drills and match play. So put your smartphone on some kind of stand and start filming. You don't have to show the whole world your playing, you can keep the clips unlisted on Youtube so they can only be seen by those who have the correct URL (and visitors to your blog will of course see it).

Well, I didn't really start the blog to analyse my game. Who knows maybe one day.

Already played twice to Lorre, score 1-1. Will report about the third encounter (coming soon probably) if that ok with Lorre :P

That's fine. It's just more fun to read when you have some idea of what the person looks like and plays like.
So you played Lorre, and did not film it???? Don't leave us hanging.... ;)

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 20:58 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
Record it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 21:37 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Pipsy, apparently we have some fans here... :lol:
Like Pipsy I'm terrified by cameras. :P
I'm still not fully recovered, but regular exercise is good for my injury.
P1 was semi friction, semi frictionless. I played against it when I was a beginner. Nasty pips!

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 22:29 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Lorre wrote:

:whew: Whew! :whew:

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2015, 00:53 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Pipsy wrote:
Lorre wrote:

But I'll bring a camera along while Pipsy and me are training.
Pipsy will probably have a heart attack by now.
Too bad I don't own a camera. It woul be nice, though.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2015, 01:05 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Lorre wrote:
Pipsy wrote:
Lorre wrote:

But I'll bring a camera along while Pipsy and me are training.
Pipsy will probably have a heart attack by now.
Too bad I don't own a camera. It woul be nice, though.

No smartphone? Works just as good.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2015, 10:05 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Def-attack wrote:
No smartphone? Works just as good.

Nope, no smartphone. I'm an antique case.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2016, 09:40 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

So, since the beginning of the year I changed my equipment. For almost two years I played with JSH + Donic Bluefire JP03 1.8 + Curl P1r 1.0. My new set-up is JSH + Donic Bluefire JP02 2.0 + Donic Spike P1 1.0. I'm happy with it. My FH-attacking has improved and I have more grip and have the feeling that I've got more possibilities with my BH. After a small dip at the end of last year, I'm now doing well in the League, but more importantly, I'm playing better than before. The harder FH-rubber gives me a more direct feeling and more control in the looping game. My services are also better (trained on it). And I really like the Donic Spike on my backhand for everything: chopping, blocking, pushing, lifting, hitting. Wrote some things about it here: viewtopic.php?t=27832&p=295514

Yesterday, after winning a 2200 and a 2100 player, I lost to a guy who is probably worth between 2300 and 2400 (B6 in Belgium). Incredible to see him play. He wins almost everything in our division where he is playing in and he should play higher but doesn't want to change team. He said that he had much more trouble against me than in the home-match a couple of months ago. He still beat me 3-0 though, but indeed I had a good feeling and it was a nice match.

Our team has only 4 matches to go until the end of the Season. After 18 encounters, we are ranked 7th (out of 11 teams) but we don't have much lead to the 10th. The two last teams move to a lower division (rankings roughly from 1900-2050). I really hope to stay in our current division (rankings from ~2100 to 2200).

Fingers crossed :whew:

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2016, 10:04 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Good job!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 21:34 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

So, our League ended. And what a thrilling conclusion for us...

A few weeks ago, with only 5 (of 22) league encounters to go, we were on 7th place (of 12) and things looked very good for us to stay in the second division (the last two teams degrade to third, see also my previous post here). However, some annoying and even unfair things happened.

First, we lost against the number 9, they arranged a very strong team because they were entering the danger zone. Also, the number 8 did the same and won the match. We lost. So, with 4 league encounters to go we were suddenly number 9, only three teams behind us. Then, the number 10 had arranged that an ex-international female player (she used to be Belgian national champion, I think) joined to strengthen their team till the end of the season.
And, to make things worse, the team in second-to-last position suddenly decided to do everything to stay in the division, even though that team (in their standard composition) had thus far been clearly too weak for second division. What happened? That second-to-last team belongs to a club that has another, much stronger team in that same division (4th place). In their mutual encounter, the stronger team gave the victory away to the weaker team by what we call a forfeit. And, because it is such a big club, they could make sure that strong players were selected for the the second-to-last team for the remaining league matches. With three encounters to go, we faced the second-to-last team ourselves. All we had to do to stay in the division was beating them, but they came with an extremely strong team and we lost 4-12. The week later, they won again and we lost again.

So, with only one match day to go, our team had landed on the second-to-last place (11th place of 12), which would mean degradation to the lower division. The only chance we had was to win ourselves against the number 3 and we had to hope that the number 10 (the ‘unfair’ team) lost their match.

And this is exactly what happened! The number 3 team didn’t show up in their best formation (apparently because their two best players were frustrated that they could not promote to first). So we unexpectedly faced a team with players equally rated to us end we won 10-6. During that match we also found out that the number 10 team was losing. I’m sure they never expected us to win. So, we ended up 10th with one point ahead to the other team. We have this expression: 'He who laughs last, laughs best' :lol: .

I never had a more thrilling, surprising and happy TT day than that particular last match. And I'm really looking forward to the next Season now. But now it's time for tennis 'till the end of the summer :rock:

Last edited by Pipsy on 25 Apr 2016, 21:37, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 21:35 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

(double post)

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 22:09 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
Pipsy wrote:

However, some annoying and even unfair things happened.

I'm glad it worked out in the end, but these kind of shenanigans is what I find a bit uncomfortable about team league format, at least from a distance (we don't have one here). Too many loopholes to manipulate in the ways you just described.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2016, 07:38 
Bytes worse than his Bark
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
Our local competition does not allow a player to play in more than one team in the same division. It is allowed for a club to have "utility players" if they have more than 1 team in a division, but the "utility player" is not allowed to be one of the top 10 in the division. Otherwise clubs can bring players up from a lower division team. New players through the season and at the beginning of the season are usually scrutinised for being a "ring in" except for the top division.

Doesn't your competition have something similar (except possibly for the "utility player" concept)? Does it enforce these rules? If I were you I would be either reading up the competition by-laws and trying to get them enforced, or trying to get some in place to cover such unfair actions.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next