OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:16

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 07:19 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
AA wrote:
Matt Pimple wrote:

It is an assumption .

yeah.. thats what i thought..it doubt it makes much sense comparing two rubbers when one hasnt tried one of the two :^)

my beast experience is ages ago and it was on an entirely different blade than when i tested buffalo. its possible that buffalo is slower. but blocking with beast was better than on buffalo, because buffalo reacted stronger when loops had less spin. but as mentioned, it was on two different blades.

You are taking my quote out of context. ;) I was not comparing two rubbers where I did not test one of them but I was referring to the effect of sponge thickness on blocking hard shots with frictionless anti in general. Other players who have tested both rubbers stated that the Buffalo is slower than Beast.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 15:56 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
Matt Pimple wrote:

You are taking my quote out of context. ;)

not really,since your post insinuates that you have tried both,at least you never pointed out that its a mere assumption ;) and coming back to the issue: speed isnt the most essential criteria when it comes to control when blocking, its angle dependency with slick antis.

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2015, 02:41 

Blade: Stiga Carbonado 190
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z2
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS
Hi guys!
I'm back with a training video.
Last month i tried Der Materialist Beast with the legendary Roberto Negro, former Italian Champion. Best player in italy with Antispin on backhand.
Here's a compilation of best shots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx0vGHQVeqM

8)

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2015, 10:22 

Pongista92 wrote:
Hi guys!
I'm back with a training video.
Last month i tried Der Materialist Beast with the legendary Roberto Negro, former Italian Champion. Best player in italy with Antispin on backhand.
Here's a compilation of best shots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx0vGHQVeqM

8)

The spin reversal of Beast is very strong, even RobNegero looped many in the net. A question to you, it seems like you are using ABS, what is the rationale behind your decision?

Forehand: MXP
Backhand: Grass Dtecs, Tsp P3 Alpha
--------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2015, 20:47 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
a good question above, i would also like to know...and about Tomahawk blade, how did you choose that one among all other DMS blades?

and with which anti is Roberto usually play?

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2015, 22:53 

Blade: Stiga Carbonado 190
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z2
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS
111Iceman111 wrote:
a good question above, i would also like to know...and about Tomahawk blade, how did you choose that one among all other DMS blades?

and with which anti is Roberto usually play?

Der-Materialspezialist send some materials to Roberto to try. He chose to test Tomahawk because he likes the feeling of Balsa.
Now he plays with the black version of Beast...the same of the video I posted. ;)

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2016, 00:12 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
i see, tnx:)

i personally dont like balsa feel and light blades...

i have ordered that new transformer anti, so we will see how it goes:)

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2016, 08:05 

Blade: Joo Saehyuk
FH: Various 1.5-2.2 :)
BH: Grass D.TecS ox
Before few months I watched how Amir Ahmed blocks with anti, now here's your videos that are very impressive, especially with mr. Negro and that reversal woooow :party: .
Firstly Amir videos and help tips encouraged and inspired me, and now your videos do the same - that I try again block with anti on table. I am playing mostly with my backhand and assist with forehand spin. Here's my video so you can decide my level (red shorts) against defender:

and against attacker where I think I would have better chance to win if I had anti to return first hard topspin (red shirt) :)

Today I tryed Butterfly Super Anti 1.5mm and Joola Amy 0.7mm on Tomahawk 3rd generation blade and my opponent can do how many he wants spin or topspin. Reversal like not exist on these anti rubbers. Even I miss and put block into net after oponnent's spin, ball rotates veeeeery low. Is there such a difference in reversal of these two rubbers - SuperAnti/Amy and for example materialspezialist Beast??
I will rate reversal of SuperAnti from 1-10 like 1 and Amy 3, and with these videos Beast would be 10... :clap:

Best regards

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2016, 12:59 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Very impressive domacc :up: :up: :up: What impressed me most is your control with the anti, and how low you're returning balls over the net. :clap:

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2016, 17:49 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I think you might want to wait for members first reports on the new anti Transformer. I will have mine in a few days. It should be slower than Beast and have more spin reversal. Look at the thread viewtopic.php?f=17&t=29127

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2016, 21:05 

Blade: Joo Saehyuk
FH: Various 1.5-2.2 :)
BH: Grass D.TecS ox
haggisv wrote:
Very impressive domacc :up: :up: :up: What impressed me most is your control with the anti, and how low you're returning balls over the net. :clap:

Oh, I've forgot to say that on video against defender my setup was Joo Se Hyuk+Grass DTecs ox + Marder 1.5mm, and against attacker it was Tomahawk+Dragon Talon ox+Galaxy Moon 2.2mm.
Because of hard heavyspins that I can't land on table with Dragon Talon on Tomahawk as shown on second video, that is reason why I would like to try some materialspezialist Antispin with maximum reversal, I think I have more chance to land ball on table against that type of oponnent. I think I will not need lot of ajdustment to Antispin rubber because my style is very similar to AA (block very near table, push, attack). I will need lot of practice, but blocking style, placement of blade, timing picking ball is almost the same. ;)

Here's my first try with antispin Nittaku Best Anti 1.3mm against spinny, but lot slower balls:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAeQTnhn20s

For sure I'll wait for reviews. :clap:

Best regards from CRO

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2016, 20:39 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
Until now, I played with celuloid balls. Der materialspezialist Beast 1.2 on Yasaka Balsa did a very good job. I am talking about spin reverse. Precisely I was very satisfied with backspin after block opponents loops. Only the best player may attack 2nd and 3rd block, and have to push the ball or make a mistake. This was my opportunity to attack or finish the point with my short pips on the forehand.
Now, i am trying plastic balls, because we will play with this plastic balls next season in Serbia.
I an disappointed. The ball has low spin in every stroke, so the strongest weapon with Beast, backspin after block opponents loops, was disappeared. Opponent may aggressivelly attack such blocks.

Does DMS Transformer or DrN Buffalo solve this problem? Any suggestions? Amir, do you find a solution? :headbang:

P.S. Shot pips play better, because you can smash a lot of balls because of less spin and because game is slower, so you have more time to prepare a shot.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!