OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:34

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2016, 17:48 

Blade: Re-Impact Smart
FH: Hellfire OX
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.7mm
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Here's a couple of vids I've uploaded so far:

https://youtu.be/N7mJA9Y5zxY

https://youtu.be/Df4DVDEmAOU

The first is of miao miao. I introduced myself to her for the first time ever. She was very pleasant, but didn't have much English, so having a conversation with her was difficult.

The second link is the first set of Heming Hu's semi-final in the Men's Open.

More to come...

Jean, the kids rating is slowly rising. Right now, I'd put him at mid 1400's at least. One of our club members, MP is at about 1350 and I've only ever lost to him once (out of about 6 or 7 matches). BF would be 100 points better IMO. If Dandy would put points in from our pennant I think I'd be around 1350-1400, but with only the occasional tournament to get results into rating central (and then meet guys like I did on Sunday as the only matches). Anyway, it is what it is and you can't get too caught up in ratings. I'll take winning competitions over it any day :lol:

Yeah, it's better not to get caught up with ratings. Great videos! Thanks for that

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2016, 19:26 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Here's a couple more video's from the Dandy tourney. First is one of our local lobber-retrievers against a top notch junior. The second is the winner of the Men's open, George Pittas slaying one of Dandy's best players, Danny Semmler. Not many people can do to Danny what George did! :o

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/iR15zoWgrfY

https://youtu.be/Nuab8IMnP1Q

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2016, 19:56 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

And here's a famiiar sight that make pluck up the interest/curiosity at a tourney for any OOAK forummer.....

https://youtu.be/4aoEQMQ9x0k

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2016, 20:05 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Here's a couple more video's from the Dandy tourney. First is one of our local lobber-retrievers against a top notch junior. The second is the winner of the Men's open, George Pittas slaying one of Dandy's best players, Danny Semmler. Not many people can do to Danny what George did! :o

Thanks for posting Reb! :up: I've think you've swapped them around though ;)

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2016, 20:16 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

haggisv wrote:
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:

Thanks for posting Reb! :up: I've think you've swapped them around though ;)

Don't know what you're talking about Haggisv...everything appears fine to me :P :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2016, 21:31 

Blade: Re-Impact Smart
FH: Hellfire OX
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.7mm
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:

Enjoy!

That's LC in the first video, he's gotten pretty good in the last couple of years

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2016, 23:35 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

jeanc wrote:
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:

Enjoy!

That's LC in the first video, he's gotten pretty good in the last couple of years

Indeed Jean. His Mum and I are FB friends and I've seen his TT travels and exploits through her. He's a nice young fella. He was mucking around a bit with my clubmate as he's streets ahead of him, but he did miss some serious smashes he went for. So he had to play to account for my mates style. He is very good at getting attacks back. I love playing him as he gives lots of good attacking opportunities, so its fun. These days he doesn't get my smashes back, but he used to. I've never lost to him, but in the years gone by, he's taken me to 5 a couple of times. Now he's an easy 3-0, simply because I can smash angles at him that he can't retrieve :lol: .

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2016, 09:48 
Super User

Blade: Acoustic Carbon Inner ST
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Rakza Z
Going to the April 16 Vets event? https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com ... dygpu2.pdf

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2016, 00:39 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Not too sure Hangdog. I have my daughter, so I have to drag her along. I took her to 3 TT nights in the school holidays. Not sure I want to do that to her again so soon. If she could play, she'd love to come, but tourney's don't give spare tables for too long.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2016, 16:48 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
haggisv wrote:
Good luck Reb! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Thanks mate, I'm gonna need it!

I actually haven't played a tourney since almost a year ago in Vets. Haven't played a Seniors tournament since I was a kid cos I just play pennant normally and Vets if I feel I can stand up to the rigors of a tourney. As I said earlier, I'm really only entering cos I was primed up to play the Dandy Vets on March 28 and they deferred/cancelled it. I seriously don't see it running now as not enough notice is given as to whether its on or not.

I've just entered 2 events in this tournament, Div 2 and 3. I figure they're the only ones I've got much chance of getting anywhere in, and I shouldn't wear myself out too much for pennant the next night (which is the last round and may be crucial to us making the final). I'm also planning to enter the Ballarat Vets in June and meet up with Cobalt there. Haggisv you should come over to Ballarat for that Vets and we can have a little forum party there :party: :party: :rock:

I've just locked this one into the family calendar, along with the Ballarat Junior/Senior. You can't back out now Reb.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2016, 17:22 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Still planning for it mate. Hopefully Haggisv gets passage to it as well ;)

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2016, 19:11 
Super User

Blade: BTY Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Tibhar Aurus 1.9mm
BH: Tibhar Aurus 1.7mm
I'll be there too :-)
Cobalt we might get a rematch!

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2016, 21:35 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

arlene wrote:
I'll be there too :-)
Cobalt we might get a rematch!

Maybe we will too Arlene :P :lol: :devil: