OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:29

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Butterfly Super Anti
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2016, 20:25 
Super User

Blade: GiantDragon Kris2
FH: DHS H3 Neo
BH: Who Knows???
I just bought a 2.00mm black Super Anti. It feels really, really slow (compared to my Yasaka Anti Power), and it has an odd, hollow sound. I'll post a video soon if necessary. Is this normal for Butterfly Super Antis, or is it just mine (or have I stuffed the gluing up... Probably the gluing :angel: )?
Any help would be appreciated (I like the "reversal" of the super anti).
Cheers,
Joe/ Musicfreak :rock:

Help me find a new blade please!

Only self-proclaimed unofficial spin doctor of OOAK. Call me Joe or musicfreak :rock:
The author of How Spin Works. The Official How Spin Works Thread. How Spin Works goes to India! See my 3D Printed/Laser Cut blade experiment blog.

Last edited by Musicfreak0 on 25 Apr 2016, 16:05, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2016, 20:42 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
Musicfreak0 wrote:
I just bought a 2.00mm black Super Anti. It feels really, really slow (compared to my Yasaka Anti Power), and it has an odd, hollow sound. I'll post a video soon if necessary. Is this normal for Butterfly Super Antis, or is it just mine (or have I stuffed the gluing up... Probably the gluing :angel: )?
Any help would be appreciated (I like the "reversal" of the super anti).
Cheers,
Joe/ Musicfreak :rock:

Want to hear about it "bounce" or "dampening" consistency from You. :)

[Cause I have tried Super Anti for chopping, and give up. Many times the ball just spin there and the ball drop behind my table]

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2016, 20:50 
Super User

BeGo wrote:

[Cause I have tried Super Anti for chopping, and give up. Many times the ball just spin there and the ball drop behind my table]

I saw your review on ttdb:
Quote:
Definitely not my rubber. The bounce is very unpredictable, sometimes bounce slowly, sometimes no bounce at all. I tried to chop a ball with it and the ball just spin in place, drop in my area, and my opponent says "thanks". :(

I tried one on a friend's blade, and it felt fine; fairly fast (for an anti, at least), but it doesn't feel quite the same on mine. I don't do much heavy chopping, and I haven't tried this bat in a match situation (as it says in my signature). What colour is yours?

Only self-proclaimed unofficial spin doctor of OOAK. Call me Joe or musicfreak :rock:
The author of How Spin Works. The Official How Spin Works Thread. How Spin Works goes to India! See my 3D Printed/Laser Cut blade experiment blog.

Last edited by Musicfreak0 on 24 Apr 2016, 21:30, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2016, 21:06 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
What was your friend's blade? The N9 is pretty hollow feeling and sounding anyway.

I tried super-anti years ago. Wasn't impressed...stayed with my LPs. I tried YAP on a friends bat too, wasn't as bad, but decided Anti wasn't for me.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2016, 21:20 
Super User

Not sure what his blade was (I can find out on Tuesday).
That's funny, I prefer the inverted antis to LPs any day.
I've never really thought the N9s sound any different, but this Super Anti definitely sounds a lot different to the other 6 rubbers I've heard on N9s. Thanks for the reply, though - I'm very proud of my first OOAK thread :D .

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 08:38 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
Musicfreak0 wrote:
BeGo wrote:

I saw your review on ttdb:
Quote:
Definitely not my rubber. The bounce is very unpredictable, sometimes bounce slowly, sometimes no bounce at all. I tried to chop a ball with it and the ball just spin in place, drop in my area, and my opponent says "thanks". :(

I tried one on a friend's blade, and it felt fine; fairly fast (for an anti, at least), but it doesn't feel quite the same on mine. I don't do much heavy chopping, and I haven't tried this bat in a match situation (as it says in my signature). What colour is yours?

Red. On Defence Alpha. :)

Sent from my S5G using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 09:54 
Super User

Here's a video I it filmed. My computer's getting fixed, so it doesn't have any editing. Hopefully you can still hear me (I probably don't say anything worthwhile anyway :D). I'm a bit out of practice, and I haven't adjusted to my new bats yet, but anyway, here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5Kevm0aYZA&sns=em

Also, I re-rolled it a few times, and it feels a lot better now. It's more consistent, but it's still a little slow. I'm not going to get rid of it; I'll get used to it and I feel if it is used right, it'll be a weapon :)
How do you embed the YouTube video?

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 15:34 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Referring to your initial question, the Butterfly Super Anti has a dampening sponge, whereas the Anti Power has a slow but still active sponge designed for hitting/attacking. So yes, it should feel MUCH slower, no matter what blade you glued it onto.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 16:01 
Super User

Thanks Alex. I'm getting quite used to it, and I quite like it now! I think it needed the roller to go over a few more times - I think there was a bit of a bubble. It's a lot more consistent than it was, as I get used to the feel of it. I have to agree, though, it's consistently slow (which, with practise is becoming a good thing).

Post subject: Re: Butterfly Super Anti
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 19:43 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
i was watching a guy in a league match last night who was doing a lot of backhand flicks.the sound was very wooden and hollow and i thought he was using ox s/p.i managed to have a chat with him and he was a strong player from div 1.he was using butterfly anti in 1.5.he explained that the ball went through the rubber and connected with the wood(hence the sound)he stated that a lot of people had problems due to the flatness of the bounce.he was using a stiga allround classic(old style)he had butterfly roundel on the f/h.
he explained that he didnt flip during matches but did in practice.he stated that my rubber was far too fast for him.

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl: