OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 15:13

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 09 May 2016, 16:50 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
The Korean lady OX LP Punchblocker Brigade all had power FH vs loose balls, but I NEVER saw any of them make a topspin vs an underspin, all they did was HIT, but they hit very well. Having an opening FH topspin and a reliable loopdrive vs underspin is an absolute must for a combination player to punish an opponent who tries to play it safe.

This is Coach Yoo's Youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUn6y17F7Z-cpTH194NQnVg

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 09 May 2016, 17:02 

Blade: Ross Leidy Cassandra
FH: Tenergy 05 fx
BH: Tsp p1r 1.0-1.3
Der_Echte wrote:
The Korean lady OX LP Punchblocker Brigade all had power FH vs loose balls, but I NEVER saw any of them make a topspin vs an underspin, all they did was HIT, but they hit very well. Having an opening FH topspin and a reliable loopdrive vs underspin is an absolute must for a combination player to punish an opponent who tries to play it safe.

This is Coach Yoo's Youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUn6y17F7Z-cpTH194NQnVg

Thanks! :D

PostPosted: 11 May 2016, 20:18 
Super User

Blade: GiantDragon Kris2
FH: DHS H3 Neo
BH: Who Knows???
Thanks for making this thread, infernowasif. I have a similar problem against a pusher.
Firstly, I'm hitting attacker, and I have an anti on my backhand (I twiddle almost constantly). This player has short pimples on her backhand and doesn't twiddle, but no matter what spin is on the ball, she'll give me a painfully slow, low and short push either to my forehand or backhand. If I lure her into a fast game, I'll win without any issues, but achieving this is harder than you may think!
My only thought is to get her playing longer, so I can make more attacks, because even if she pushes me back from the table, all I can do is slow loop, or her block will be too quick, but again, I have no way of getting a high or fast ball because of the short pips? Any ideas? :^)

Help me find a new blade please!

Only self-proclaimed unofficial spin doctor of OOAK. Call me Joe or musicfreak :rock:
The author of How Spin Works. The Official How Spin Works Thread. How Spin Works goes to India! See my 3D Printed/Laser Cut blade experiment blog.

PostPosted: 11 May 2016, 20:33 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Long fast serves.

PostPosted: 11 May 2016, 20:58 
Super User

Silver wrote:
Long fast serves.

Good thinking, Silver. My topspin pendulum causes a few problems, but it will force errors and not give me high balls... Perhaps a few fast anti serves? I definitely need to practise serving to the forehand.

Only self-proclaimed unofficial spin doctor of OOAK. Call me Joe or musicfreak :rock:
The author of How Spin Works. The Official How Spin Works Thread. How Spin Works goes to India! See my 3D Printed/Laser Cut blade experiment blog.

PostPosted: 11 May 2016, 21:13 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Put some topspin on it.
If your serves are fast enough, you should also get at least half long returns. How's your flick?

PostPosted: 11 May 2016, 21:46 
Super User

My backhand flick’s not too bad... It's just that the ball comes back so slow and low! Spin doesn't make too much of a difference to her unless I can get it on her forehand. I'll give it a try though!

PostPosted: 11 May 2016, 22:06 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Just another comment, I'd probably do a bh topspin serve over a fh pendulum.

PostPosted: 11 May 2016, 23:22 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Silver wrote:

Agreed. Also have a push rally to her SP with as heavy chop spin as you can muster. SP is very prone to dumping heavy underspin in the net. Might take a build up of the spin for her to dump it, but it should eventually get her. Turn her weapon into a liability and it'll mess with her head lol.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 12 May 2016, 20:52 

Blade: Ross Leidy Cassandra
FH: Tenergy 05 fx
BH: Tsp p1r 1.0-1.3
UPDATE
Today I started practice with long pimple hitting (multiball). The normal loop against topspin, punch against pushes and drive against backspin all worked out great! One or two more sessions will give me better control on the punches I think. Thanks guys for helping me out!
And Musicfreak0 you're welcome! Although I'm not knowledgeable about anti rubbers or short pimples :P

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2016, 21:43 
Super User

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Silver wrote:

Agreed. Also have a push rally to her SP with as heavy chop spin as you can muster. SP is very prone to dumping heavy underspin in the net. Might take a build up of the spin for her to dump it, but it should eventually get her. Turn her weapon into a liability and it'll mess with her head lol.

Didn't really work the first time...
BUT, a few weeks later, and it's a different story - I actually remembered this advice during the match! The backspin worked nicely, and I finally figured out what I need to do.
1. DON'T get back from the table! This makes me loop, and I can't loop past her, because she'll just block. If I'm quick up at the table, then I can get the ball past her!
2. Heavy backspin to her backhand; twiddle and set balls up on the short forehand.
3. Sideswipe the topspin serve. I've been trying to figure out what to do about this serve for ages. It's not spinny enough to effectively flick with the anti; nor to chop with it, as the spin is obvious. It's too low for an effective inverted flick, and in an nasty position to chop it. But swiping with the anti works perfectly! Hooray!

Thanks for the tips Silver and Reb.