OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:46

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2016, 05:36 
Super User

@Bobobo

The WP1013 is a bit harder and plays a little bit directer then the 820A. 820A is really a great allround rubber whereas the WP1013 is a straight rubber for a straight game.

DMS Spinfire OX | STIGA Hornet | YASAKA Cobalt OX

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 20:44 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
so while you are here martin :rock: ,

in your opinion, ox lp for close to the table with highest spin reversal while aggressive chop blocking (so not passive spin reversal, dont need that:) is?

and what are your thoughts about new generation of frictionless antis and can they compare with ox lp for close to the table blocking?

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 21:05 
Super User

Hey Iceman

I agree that lp ox are suitable for aggressive chop blocking. It's not always possible to chop block aggressive, because some balls are really to fast. Then a passive block is the right decision. I never tried this new generation of frictionless antis because I need good options for own attacks. ;)

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2016, 21:31 
Super User

but you didnt get there was a question behind it :)

which ox lp do you think has the highest spin reversal on chop blocking close to the table? hellfire? dg? most of your testing was with sponge, thats why i ask....

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2016, 21:51 
Super User

111Iceman111 wrote:

which ox lp do you think has the highest spin reversal on chop blocking close to the table? hellfire? dg? most of your testing was with sponge, thats why i ask....

Hellfire has really a high spin reversal when chop blocking. I like Donic P1 OX because is makes good spin reversal too and is more variable.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2016, 23:58 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence II
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P 2.2
BH: TSP Curl P1r 0.5mm
111Iceman111 wrote:

for me its dornenglanz and palio

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2016, 01:23 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
Never tried Palio or Hellfire, but having used both Dornenglanz and GD Talon on the same blade, I found Talon to have more spin reversal on passive blocks.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2016, 02:50 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
TraditionalTradesman wrote:
Never tried Palio or Hellfire, but having used both Dornenglanz and GD Talon on the same blade, I found Talon to have more spin reversal on passive blocks.

I would have to respectfully disagree with that. I used Talon for quite some time and DG for longer. Talon has more reversal out of the package, but after a couple of weeks, DG can't be matched on either Passive or Chop blocking. Only Dtecs might have more passive reversal, but DG still is king of the chop block.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2016, 02:57 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence II
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P 2.2
BH: TSP Curl P1r 0.5mm
Japsican wrote:
TraditionalTradesman wrote:

I would have to respectfully disagree with that. I used Talon for quite some time and DG for longer. Talon has more reversal out of the package, but after a couple of weeks, DG can't be matched on either Passive or Chop blocking. Only Dtecs might have more passive reversal, but DG still is king of the chop block.

i would dtecs less reversal
big soft pimples killed spin more easly and with hits / pushes u give no spin balls (thats why i changed to dg)
but dtecs has this random effect.. once its no spin once its nice spin reversal which confuses opponents

anyway i found that on higher level spin reversal is much better than distruption (no spin/reversal effect with dtecs)
look other good ox pips players
liu song
fabian akerstorm
sun jian fei
gustaf erikson
all of them uses spin reversal pips with flat top of the pip :)

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2016, 22:00 
Super User

thats a nice summery garbol, thats exactly what i have experienced...since i am playing against very good players, i have found that i need slow ox lp with lot of reversal on my chop block bcs its my technique even on fast balls...to survive their 1st attack and make them to push the 2nd ball which then i kill with my FH...

my 2 best were hellfire and DG...with honorable mention of talon and CC...dtecs was too wild...

but i was so pissed in searching for the holy grail that at the end i switched to fanti and hoping that it is "it"...still not sure though...

@martin never heard about Donic P1 OX :lol: , any1 played that and can say a few words?

PostPosted: 07 May 2016, 23:29 
Super User

martinspin wrote:
@Bobobo

The WP1013 is a bit harder and plays a little bit directer then the 820A. 820A is really a great allround rubber whereas the WP1013 is a straight rubber for a straight game.

Hi Martin.
From what you have tested, which long pimples seen to work best with the new polyball? I play a modern defence chopping game like Joo se hyuk / Panagiotis Gionis. What long pimples work with the new ball in this style of play?

PostPosted: 09 May 2016, 16:39 
Super User

ridderz65 wrote:
martinspin wrote:
@Bobobo

Hi Martin.
From what you have tested, which long pimples seen to work best with the new polyball? I play a modern defence chopping game like Joo se hyuk / Panagiotis Gionis. What long pimples work with the new ball in this style of play?

Personally I tend to mid-long pips like Giant Dragon 8228A, Double Fisch 820A, Friendship Dr. Evil, ... I was really impressed about the Donic Spike P1 long pimples. I think they made a great job regarding the poly-ball. Der Materialspezialist has some cool pimples like the Superwall or L.S.D. Friendship 755 seems to be quite good regarding spin reversal. All in all I think pimples should be a bit harder and grippier then in the past with the celluloid-ball.

PostPosted: 18 May 2016, 05:43 
Super User

Blade: Donic Waldner WC 89 FL
FH: Donic BlueStar A2 Red Max
BH: DMS Firestorm Black 1.8
martinspin wrote:
Personally I tend to mid-long pips like Giant Dragon 8228A, Double Fisch 820A, Friendship Dr. Evil, ... I was really impressed about the Donic Spike P1 long pimples. I think they made a great job regarding the poly-ball. Der Materialspezialist has some cool pimples like the Superwall or L.S.D. Friendship 755 seems to be quite good regarding spin reversal. All in all I think pimples should be a bit harder and grippier then in the past with the celluloid-ball.

Any chance you've tried SpinLord Keiler, and could compare it to the other medium pips you like?

PostPosted: 18 May 2016, 06:17 
Super User

1dennistt wrote:
martinspin wrote:

Any chance you've tried SpinLord Keiler, and could compare it to the other medium pips you like?

Yes, I ordered Keiler and as soon as possible I will test this new rubber :D

PostPosted: 29 May 2016, 21:34 
Super User

Hey pips-out rubbers friends

I made a video with the new mln rubber of DER MATERIALSPEZIALIST. It's acool rubber with safety of a sp and the disturbing effects of a mlp.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next