OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 19:32

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: 01 May 2016, 12:25 

manolo wrote:
Has anyone ever painted the edges of the deflector plate to help read the direction of the next ball?

Mine is the Amicus Pro just released April 2016. The top deflector is white and you can tell where the ball is going next. Useful especially when the feed mechanism misses a ball or two and you lose count of where on the drill you are.

PostPosted: 02 May 2016, 05:28 

Hi All,
Had my Amicus pro a few months now, so have some answers on various things

Error codes - evey error I have had has been from a loose cable connection, first thing is check all 3, control box, underside of robot and inside ball collection, even ball jams were caused by a loose connection not powering the wheels

The above would be better if you could screw in the cable, I guess if you trip over the cable though it will pull out rather than damaging anything, design intent or not ?

Pre programmed drills (pro only) - not really that usefull as its so easy to set your own up anyway, but these robots are hand made in Hungary ( not a bad thing ), every motor and circuit will vary slightly, so the same program will run slightly different on every model, just choose the program you want, run it, and adjust the settings so they work and save the program, basically calibrating the preprogrammed drill to suit your particular robot, then save it for next time.

Lobs, smashes etc, If you set the trajectory as high as it will go, u get a reasonable lob, some shots will obviously be hard to replicate as the robot fires the ball from the middle of the end line a few inches above it,

if your really that keen, you can take the robot off the table, put it on the floor 10 feet from the table pointing upwards for lobs, or hang it from the roof pointing down for smashes, personnally i cant be fussed so make do, i dont even adjust the head height

The Usb cable, app etc are work in progess, the 2016 models were the first with a micro usb port, Amicus support told me that in time you will be able to back up, download and share programmes via the usb

Support, In the manual there is an email contact, this is Manfred, he is very knowledgeable and help, there is a slight language barrier but this is no problem

The rnd function is nice, but agree the RND can be challenging as not much moves to show the direction, spin changes are even harder to spot

As previous post, when programming the sample button will start and continue to repeat the single ball flashing on panel until its stopped

I posted a spreadsheet of drills a few monthes ago, I need to tidy it up and repost, but would say, think of a practice drill or match situation you want to practice, pick an empty slot, program it, save it, and write down its number and description, for next time

Balls, i wasnt sure how it would handle the new polyballs as they are slighty larger, but some got mixed in with the celluloid practice balls and it worked fine, no difference, guess thats to do with the large flexible wheels

Overall I am happy with my purchase, the programming capabilites are excellent, I would prefer a wheeled version that didnt clip to the table with integrated cables, but thats just because I have no need to transport it and setting up would be a lot easier

Regards Steve

PostPosted: 06 May 2016, 03:27 

jrmck13 wrote:
This might seem like a stupid question, but has anybody else had issues getting the net to attach to the table? My table is the standard 60 inches wide (I've measured it a few times to be sure) but I can only seem to get the net arms open to about 59 or so. I've tried to go further but the resistance I feel is incredibly strong, not to mention the very high tension in the ball collection fabric. Is there something I need to adjust?

Nothing to adjust, my table is even a tad wider. They made it unnecessarily tight so it feels like it might break, but it won't. I thought I would have to modify the table by adding bolts at one end to effectively narrow the table but I found that the net does stretch, both downward and outward. Just hook one end up, pull out and push down to force the other end in. It also helps the ball recycling a bit. This is the 4th robot I have purchased and probably the worst ball recycling design I have seen, stuck balls around the circular rim and ineffective sweep arms. I have made modifications using some of the ideas found in this forum to alleviate the problem but it's silly. This robot does have many issues, and many of them easily avoidable.

PostPosted: 06 May 2016, 05:46 

scottburson wrote:
briankstan wrote:
popette59 wrote:
Hello everybody ! I just got a Amicus pro and I have the problem with preprogrammed drills that all go out of the table.
How can I modify the calibration ? When I press the two buttons "trajectory" the ball is going in the middle but is just on the "T", and not in the middle of the table as it is said in the notice. How can I modify this ball and save the new calibration ? Just read the 16 pages and didn't find...

Thanks for helping !

others have stated that this could be because of the height that you have the head set to. if it's set higher the ball will travel longer. I believe you need to try the head at a lower height setting and see if that works.

Another thing you can do is to put a book between the feet and the underside of the table. I do this since the table I'm using is not one of the thicker ones. Try books of various thickness until you get the trajectory you want.

The hook design for table mount is not a good design. It might be acceptable if the robot is not programmable and not so portable but with all the talks about downloadable and shared drills there must be some setting standards. The hook is by necessity designed to accommodate all table thicknesses so for thinner tables the robot would be aiming up. The part that sits on top of the table is too narrow in this robot. My RoboPong 2050 that my Amicus Pro is replacing has a pad 3 times wider. The 2050 also has a hook design so that's not good either but at least it's easier to see when it's set up correctly. What robot manufacturers should do is make the pad wide (and tapered like the 2050 to channel away the balls), and provide a pad underneath with an adjusting knob to properly accommodate all table thicknesses. That way the robot will sit flat on the table and the feeding tube will be dead vertical.

I added a wooden plate and a wedge underneath the table to adjust out the slop and to make the feeding tube vertical (very simple, it would be nice if Amicus actually provides something like that, cheaper than the adjusting knob I mentioned above). I can add a picture if not clear although I don't see how to attach one here.

Another adjustment you should make is the lateral centering. Push the two trajectory buttons to shoot out a centering ball, then loosen and adjust the feed tube.

PostPosted: 07 May 2016, 03:44 

Hi i have amicus proffesional control panel it deliverd balls at different spots like randoms
Ball i adjust the wheels still the same anybody can help me

PostPosted: 09 May 2016, 07:38 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
edited down

PostPosted: 12 May 2016, 11:17 

Jnemnom wrote:
Hi i have amicus proffesional control panel it deliverd balls at different spots like randoms
Ball i adjust the wheels still the same anybody can help me

Does it always do it? or only occasionally throw a ball in the wrong direction?

May not be applicable since mine only does it when settings are at some high ranges (e.g. high speed + high spin). In my case it seems the power supply is the problem. For marketing reasons they provide a weaker 24V power supply for the Advanced version and a 28V 2.8A for the Pro version. The problem is even 28V 2.8A is not enough - that's probably just a common brick they can pick up inexpensively, not something they have done worst-case design for this robot. Also attempting to set a high spin loop shuts down the unit and requires reboot. Only solution is to avoid high power demand settings or use a beefier power supply (28V 6A for example).

Last edited by justintm036 on 18 May 2016, 00:51, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 14 May 2016, 16:29 

justintm036 wrote:
manolo wrote:
Has anyone ever painted the edges of the deflector plate to help read the direction of the next ball?

Mine is the Amicus Pro just released April 2016. The top deflector is white and you can tell where the ball is going next. Useful especially when the feed mechanism misses a ball or two and you lose count of where on the drill you are.

Is it like a sticker on the inside? Could you take a picture? I'm curious on what it looks like.

PostPosted: 18 May 2016, 00:49 

manolo wrote:
justintm036 wrote:
manolo wrote:

Is it like a sticker on the inside? Could you take a picture? I'm curious on what it looks like.

It's just a piece of single-sided tape. Not having it might explain the clanking noise people reported every time a ball shoots out.

Attachments:
Amicus tape.JPG
Amicus tape.JPG [ 102.69 KiB | Viewed 3651 times ]

PostPosted: 19 May 2016, 13:52 

Thanks, I bought mine in March and it looks the same. I painted the side edges too. Helps me read the ball better.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2016, 01:51 

Can anyone tell me how to set up the Amicus robot (I have the professional) to do a `pause` between drills. For example, - doing a drill were you do a flick return from a short backspin serve, and then the next shot is a long topspin ball to the backhand. Afterwards, you need to recover to the `ready position` before repeating the sequence, but I am not sure how to get it to `pause` or `delay` for a few seconds before restarting the drill. Any advice most welcome.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2016, 06:40 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I believe there is a delay you can set.

You can do it my stupid way - shoot the ball into the bottom of the net with no power. Then you know where you are in the sequence.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2016, 12:01 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

It's in the middle called balls/min (%). Left is negative, right is positive. It is a percentage based off whatever you have the knob set to. If it's on 30 balls a minute and tou set that value to -50% it's going to treat the ball you set it on like you had the knob at 15. So that's four seconds a ball instead of two.

You set it for only one ball, but I don't remember if the delay goes on the last ball of the sequence(after), or the first ball(before). I used it for one drill and it worked, but it's been saved a long time. Anyway when you try it you will quickly see if it is pausing at the right place.

Yoko Ono

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2016, 16:12 

RogerH wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to set up the Amicus robot (I have the professional) to do a `pause` between drills.

As well as adjusting ball/min % on per ball basis, you can also set up the first ball as serve - when ball 1 selected press again which will turn the led from yellow to green. Serves have small delay before them.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2016, 03:37 

Thanks for the info about how to do the `pause` on the Amicus Professional. Worked fine.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 26  Next