OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:20

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Would you like a section dedicated to TT balls discussions
Yes 77%  77%  [ 10 ]
No 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 13
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2016, 09:35 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
One of our members has suggested we create a new section just for TT balls. Since the introduction of the plastic balls, this has been a hot topic, so having a section dedicated to this would organise them neatly all in one place. It would seem logical to create this under the "Table Tennis Equipment" section.

The downside is of course that we have yet another section, and some people believe we already have too many sections.

Who would like such a new section?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2016, 11:07 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
I ignore sections. I simply hit 'View active topics' link (in fact I bookmarked it) and see all new posts on top of the page.

So - sure, make one ;)

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2016, 11:21 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

pgpg wrote:
I ignore sections. I simply hit 'View active topics' link (in fact I bookmarked it) and see all new posts on top of the page.

Yep, me too! I do wonder why percentage of people do this...a hard statistic to obtain.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2016, 11:28 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
haggisv wrote:

Yep, me too! I do wonder why percentage of people do this...a hard statistic to obtain.

If only we had a way to ask people on this site and automatically record their answers... :lol:

Joking aside, one could probably analyze server logs to answer this (there must be an app for that...).

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2016, 08:20 
Bytes worse than his Bark
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
I too usually use the "view new posts" button mostly, but then drill down through the sections when I have a new topic to contribute.

So more sections is good if logically organised - ball topics could come under equipment if relatively straightforward, or ITTF if slightly more "philosophical".

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2016, 20:04 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
I'd probably just change the title of the "Table Tennis Robots" section to "Robots and Balls" and put them in there. But then, who's going to go and search for all the existing ball topics and shift them over?

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2016, 20:56 
Super User

Blade: XVT Balsa Carbon 10mm all
FH: Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
BH: Globe 979 OX
Add a balls section

Cpen SOS Wood / 4H 729 802-40 2.0 / BH GD Talon use righthanded shakehand grip
HARDBAT / Shakehand Hock 3 ply / Friendship Dr Evil OX .. Play Right-handed

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2016, 13:09 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Debater wrote:
But then, who's going to go and search for all the existing ball topics and shift them over?

Indeed... I don't think anybody's thought about that! :oops:

For those that don't realise it, it was actually Debater that went trough most of the trouble of moving over threads when new sections were created before...so he would know what a labourious and thankless task it is. :up: :up: :up: :oops:

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2016, 19:22 
Super User

Blade: GiantDragon Kris2
FH: DHS H3 Neo
BH: Who Knows???
haggisv wrote:
Debater wrote:
But then, who's going to go and search for all the existing ball topics and shift them over?

Indeed... I don't think anybody's thought about that! :oops:

For those that don't realise it, it was actually Debater that went trough most of the trouble of moving over threads when new sections were created before...so he would know what a labourious and thankless task it is. :up: :up: :up: :oops:

Good, we need someone with experience. I hereby nominate Debater to move all existing ball topics into the new ball section! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jesting aside, I think it's a great idea to have a section dedicated to balls, but I must agree, moving the topics won't be a fun task! Perhaps there would be a way to spread the work out? I'm not experienced with that sort of thing, so I don't really know. I'd be happy to contribute if I get some free time.

Help me find a new blade please!

Only self-proclaimed unofficial spin doctor of OOAK. Call me Joe or musicfreak :rock:
The author of How Spin Works. The Official How Spin Works Thread. How Spin Works goes to India! See my 3D Printed/Laser Cut blade experiment blog.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2016, 11:09 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Any volunteers to help move stuff over? If it's left to me, it will probably never happen. :sweat:

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2016, 11:19 
Super User

Blade: GiantDragon Kris2
FH: DHS H3 Neo
BH: Who Knows???
Sure, I'd be happy to help, but I'm a little busy for the next week or so.

Help me find a new blade please!

Only self-proclaimed unofficial spin doctor of OOAK. Call me Joe or musicfreak :rock:
The author of How Spin Works. The Official How Spin Works Thread. How Spin Works goes to India! See my 3D Printed/Laser Cut blade experiment blog.

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2016, 06:02 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
Create the Balls section now and move the most recent balls topic to the new section to prime the pump; new topics will follow. Move old topics as time/energy allows.

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2016, 13:17 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Done, see the new Table Tennis Balls section here:
viewforum.php?f=83

I'll start moving topics over when I see them.