OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:29

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2016, 06:09 

Blade: TSP Balsa 5.5 All+
FH: Nittaku Beautry 1.8mm
BH: S&T Hellfire ox
See you guys there.

Mike

Setup3: Blade: DMS Destroyer FH: Tenergy 05 max BH: DMS Transformer 1.5

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2016, 21:12 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
So, LordCope just informed me he cant make it, so if anyone has a spare bed for the saturday night or want to share a room tell me...

otherwise i will try to find something there on the spot between morning and afternoon training, it is enough time...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2016, 21:17 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
111Iceman111 wrote:
So, LordCope just informed me he cant make it, so if anyone has a spare bed for the saturday night or want to share a room tell me...

otherwise i will try to find something there on the spot between morning and afternoon training, it is enough time...

Yes :( huge apologies... I've royally screwed this up, as circumstances have radically changed for me, so I am not free this weekend. Damn :(

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2016, 21:36 
Super User

dont worry mate, see you next time! :up:

a last minute question for AA or anyone who know Austrian roads...

when you are coming from Croatia over Slovenia from south, is it better to turn right on Graz and come to Wiener Neustadt from the south, or should i continue north and come to Wiener Neustadt from the west side?

here is gmaps link, both ways are similar times... https://goo.gl/maps/Sj63jpaKme32

and some telephone number for contact if something unexpected happen would be nice :rock:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2016, 22:29 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
sent you a PN!

careful: its wiener neudorf, not wiener neustadt!

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2016, 22:37 
Super User

tnx...

but i asked is it better to approach wiener neustadt from the south (tuning east on graz) or from the west (going north from graz).

after wiener neustadt is only 1 road to wiener neudorf, so no confusion there anymore...

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2016, 22:59 
Super User

over the A2!

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2016, 23:05 
Super User

ok, tnx :up:

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2016, 02:18 
Super User

thanks again for coming! :clap: :rock:

on the 4th pic, the OOAK -ALL STAR TEAM:

"conrad young" (California), myself, "111iceman111" (Croatia) and "vo2man" (UK) 8)

next course will be in december ;)

Attachments:
s2nn.jpg
s2nn.jpg [ 430.78 KiB | Viewed 2506 times ]
s1n.jpg
s1n.jpg [ 388.42 KiB | Viewed 2506 times ]
sfn.jpg
sfn.jpg [ 380.3 KiB | Viewed 2506 times ]
so3.jpg
so3.jpg [ 871.12 KiB | Viewed 2506 times ]

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2016, 03:47 
Super User

Hi AA, thank you too...

On the 1st note I will just say that it was very good and it exceeded my expectations...

I will write the summary with all the exercises we did in a couple of days when I come home...

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2016, 03:56 

FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
Agree! It was a great course. Amir is a great trainer with a lot of good technical and practical advice. I will come back for a refresher one day!

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2016, 04:12 
Super User

thanks a lot guys, glad to hear that! :party:

feel free to ask if you have questions anytime!

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2016, 04:54 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
conrad! Are you in the Bay Area? Nice Dubs shirt! I'm a huge Dubs fan from Alameda.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2016, 04:58 

FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
LOL good eye! Yes I'm in the east bay and I keep wearing the shirt, in disbelief perhaps. :-)

Japsican wrote:
conrad! Are you in the Bay Area? Nice Dubs shirt! I'm a huge Dubs fan from Alameda.

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2016, 23:53 
Super User

so, i have come home...

impressions are still fresh in my head...i am very happy that i was there...8 full hours for 88EUR, so 11EUR per hour is a bargain for such a course...

i am especially happy that AA was the one leading the course and showing us all individually our mistakes and correcting them...
there were only conrad, vo2man and me from the forum, the rest were austrian friends...

we had 4 training's totally, 2 on saturday and 2 on sunday, with a launch break in between...in all of the exercises they tried to pair us in a way that the opponent is with inverted rubbers against us that are with pips or anti...i will try to write a short summery what we did:

-opponent (opp in further text :)) serve underspin serve on which i push aggressively with anti (or pips) in a kind of forward upward motion on which opp blocks my ball and than i dont go to block but instead push again, so i always stay in offensive...in my case, when i did it right, opp sent his 2nd or 3rd ball in the net because of how nasty were that ball i was sending...it was a new thing to me, very good exercise to push no/low spin balls...

-opp serve underspin serve, but now instead on pushing the ball, i kind off flick/punch it...with anti/lp ofc...and than continue all like in the previous exercise...AA said that is the shot which is preferred when you have the time to be on the ball properly...(when you dont then that push from last exercise, and a horizontal push with half open blade just on occasion to throw the opponent out of the shot)...couple of times, when the serve was short and high, i flicked it so good that you hear that pop sound and it is music for the ears...thats how you know you did it right... :up:

-opp serve short under or overspin serve on which i return it short...but the trick in returning it short and low is to do a short sidespin motion...if i return it low, than opp push with underspin and then i attack and rest free...if i dont manage to return it short and low opp attack and then rest free...that was another new thing to me...must practice that side motion, it really works...

-opp serve flat serve on which i push it (not block it), and than opp try to spin it lightly on which i again push that spin (not block it)...a variation of the exercise from before just now we are pushing a spin ball...this is to teach us to attack a low spin ball and not just block it and give the opp chance to attack...

-i serve this time, underspin, the opp push back with underspin on my bh and then i attack it in 3 ways i prefer...by flick/punch motion, by that upward forward push or by pushing horizontally with half open blade...in 1st 2 ways opp gets fast no spin or even underspin ball which is difficult to attack, and in the 3rd way opp get spin ball which he will pop in the air if he goes under it...really good exercise that i liked very much...if you master all 3 shots, opp will never know which one will you play so he could not adapt...

-opp serve long fast no spin serves (the ones we material players hate the most) and i attack them with that push motion...never block them because than the opp have an easy ball for a 3rd ball attack...that was my most difficult exercise, because that is my weakest point...i literally manage to attack 1 or 2 out of 10...so lots of work there ahead of me...i got it somewhat right at the end when i went really low with my knees so my eyes were leveled with the net (i am 193cm high) and not moving on the ball but waited the ball to come to me...it really helped with the timing...

-opp serve short underspin serve, i attack with push or flick, opp return it on my bh and i twiddle and attack it with inverted on my bh and then free...that was fun because i never twiddle (its on a to do list :lol: )

we played a nice tournament at the end and that was all untill some other time...wish it was longer :up:

Thats all i remember...please AA, conrad or vo2man fill the blanks if there are some...and correct me or add something, lets have it all here when we need it...

so, i hope this will help some of us/you to get some more points on future matches or even win against some previously unbeaten opponents :rock:

Deff-attack, i want to see a video of all above points in near future :rock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next