OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Dr Neubauer Power Attack
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2016, 07:02 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I have been reading about this frictionless anti with attacking possibilities at Noppentest (via Google translate since my German is way too weak). It sounds like a very interesting anti and I am considering giving it a try in 1.5 mm. Has anyone tried it? How is spin reversal and speed compared to DMS Beast or Transformer? Is it possible to play a blocking game with it on a fast blade?

http://www.drneubauer.com/shop.php?cat= ... =us&pid=97

http://www.japsko.se/en/rubbers/602-dr- ... ttack.html

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... ZX0uLLV2zQ

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2016, 08:30 

I am also looking at this. Will probably try it on a all+ blade, if i decide to buy one

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2016, 20:33 

Im very interested in hearing about this rubber.

Anyone tried it yet?

Andro HD 2,0
-----------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2016, 19:29 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I've got a sheet.... and as usual I've not found time to test it yet.... but it's in the 'test pile'. 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2016, 21:53 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

haggisv wrote:
I've got a sheet.... and as usual I've not found time to test it yet.... but it's in the 'test pile'. 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Would be nice if you could test it and compare it to Buffalo or any other modern anti the most of us know about :up: :up: :up:. How it blocks compared to others (spinreversal, speed, angle etc) and how it is for attacking backspin, no spin and perhaps even some top spin, are, at least to me, the lost interesting aspects of this rubber. I can take that it is slightly worse If for blocking compared to the others if it is a lot better for attacking/driving.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2016, 06:48 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Well... I got tired of waiting :)
I will have a 1.5 mm versio in my hands soon. Really curious.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2016, 07:16 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Just got the rubber. Feels and looks like an ordinary rubber, not as plastic-like and non-bendy as Transformer. Much heavier also. It is slick but not as frictionless as Transformer. Slightly more grip than Beast I think. And it is not as dead as one of those. More like a harder and more dense version of Juic NeoAnti. Or perhaps rather similar to AntiPower. I will try it on my fast carbon blade Stiga Carbonado 190. I guess it will feel very fast compared to 1.5 mm Transformer :).

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2016, 21:29 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

First try, will write more later
http://youtu.be/ccyAvDY-lTc

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2016, 23:07 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
You have a nice game Def-attack :up:
Looks to me like the reversal is not real high, but attack is very good. I'm not sure if some of your blocks are going over the end because the rubber grip, or that it does not absorb as much pace as you're used to.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2016, 23:24 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

haggisv wrote:
You have a nice game Def-attack :up:
Looks to me like the reversal is not real high, but attack is very good. I'm not sure if some of your blocks are going over the end because the rubber grip, or that it does not absorb as much pace as you're used to.

The reversal is nowhere near what Transformer has. And the rubber is also a lot faster so you have to be much more careful when blocking loops like that, and try to dampen the speed.

Blocks went long because of the speed mostly. And because I had wrong bat angle. With more practice those problems would disappear but the back spin from the blocks will not stop opponent from attacking, so relying on such blocks would be almost impossible with this anti.

But against pop ups this one is great. Plenty of speed when the sponge is activated and easy to attack loose balls and back spin. But even with this rubber it is still not easy to attack top spin.

Returning serve was good with this one, but it has more grip than other frictionless antis so one have to be careful.

This is a fun rubber that you can do a lot different strokes with. Even chopping was ok. But to me, where I am now, it is not the best choice. I will continue with Transformer (perhaps move down to 1.0 mm) and continue to work with twiddelling and get better at attacking with anti. With Transfomer I narrow down the possible strokes and that helps me get faster in making the right decisions. I used MP previous to anti and with that I could do anything. That made it difficult to choose what stroke to perform, and that did not help my game.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2016, 23:40 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Which MP you used before? What sponge thickness? Which you liked and disliked?

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2016, 23:44 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

rokphish2 wrote:
Which MP you used before? What sponge thickness? Which you liked and disliked?

Long story... I played most with TSP Millitall II on Joo Se Hyuk. It was more of a modern defensive game. Check my blog :).

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2016, 16:24 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I wrote this in my blog:

Def-attack wrote:
Today I tried Dr Neubauer's new anti Power Attack in 1.5 mm for the first time. I used it on my spare Stiga Carbonado blade along with a brand new Victas V15 Limber. The setup is heavier than my normal. The anti looks and feels like a heavy ordinary rubber with no grip. But it has more grip and a lot more speed than Transformer.

Blocking with it feels like a fast version of BEAST with less spin reversal. It might get more spin back on a blade made for anti-blocking and better technique but I don't think the spin from blocks will cause any serious problems for my opponents. But the speed and arc might help a little. But still not enough to build a game plan around. Blocking loops at the table must not be important if you want to use this rubber.

This rubbers strength is returning serves, attacking back spin and attacking pop ups and loose balls without too much top spin. Also chopping away from the table seems ok (but most lp are better for that).

Disruption on low impact is good, and this is helpful for returning serves. But when the sponge is activated the ball goes higher, faster and longer.

It was great fun to play with, but it would not help me a lot where I am with my game now. I will stick with Transformer and keep working on my twiddeling.

Here is a short clip of two sets with Power Attack in black on BH. I played one more set before the clip and about 20 minutes before that.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2016, 02:27 
Super User

I'll have to watch your whole video with it but the impression I'm getting is that it's like a grippy anti.

Suonds like RITC 804 Anti to me. Man did I dislike that rubber. Was just far to grippy for an anti.

Just felt like a normal sheet of inverted that was 2 years old and have never been cleaned.

I'm guessing this rubber would not be for me unless it was a fair amount slicker compared to 804.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2017, 08:00 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I am back with this rubber for a try. It works very well with the new ABS-ball that carries less spin than other plastic balls. It is more easy to attack top spin strokes because if this. But you can’t rely on back spin produced in blocks, you need to put pressure on your opponent to get yourself an opportunity to attack. I wrote more in my blog.