OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 19:45

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2016, 14:24 

I am aware that there's a "new" version of ipong v300 https://www.megaspin.net/store/default. ... ipong-v300 and I've just ordered mine from TR-sports (Australia). I contacted them but they aren't aware of the existence of this "new" version, they simply said that theirs is the "latest version from the manufacturer".

I took a gamble and ordered it via ebay, and it will arrive today (eagerly waiting to tackle the post man) but not really sure how I can tell whether mine will be the new version or the old version.

Does anyone know? I tried searching on google but haven't managed to find any details about this.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2016, 16:31 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
For what reason do you wish to know. I bought the V300 from same shop earlier this year. No idea what version it is but I run DHS 1 star celluloid balls in it and goes really well, not one jam.

I've got a few drills up on you tube with the settings I used. Interested to hear what drills and settings you can come up with.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2016, 17:40 

That link I posted listed the difference. I've just tried... so far the ball jammed quite a bit.. I had to pause/unpause it several times. Also the head swivel left to right and back to left is not very smooth, there's a tendency to shoot the ball to the forehand and not as many to the backhand. So far I'm trying it with "2232".

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2016, 17:54 
Super User

Blade: Acoustic Carbon Inner ST
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Rakza Z
I think TR Sports probably have the new version. They had no V300 stock late last year, around the time that the new version was being introduced.

Are you using celluloid balls or 40+ poly balls with the robot? I have a non-iPong robot (this one: https://world.taobao.com/item/412185663 ... mSite=main ) that jams when using the slightly larger poly ball, and a different robot (this one: https://world.taobao.com/item/390497125 ... mSite=main ) that is fine with celluloid and poly.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2016, 18:11 

I bought their package with net + balls. It's a 1* ball, not sure if it's 40+ or not, since it has no writings on the balls. This is the exact link where I bought mine from: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111996053682

My ipong didn't come with a tilt stand, I think it should? I wonder if the old version doesn't come with tilt stand. Also curious is the TR Sports version says "ipong master v300" whereas the USA new version only says ipong v300 without "master" and it's bundled with tilt stand and target practice (although it seems that you'd have to fill out a form or something to get the practice target).

So I am disappointed with the frequent jam and the unreliable side to side swivel :(

Also I wish the top ball container is transparent! It's hard to know if it's simply jammed or that I ran out of balls, in any case it would be nice to know.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2016, 18:15 

I've just measured the ball's diameter using a digital caliper. Around the seam it measures at around 39.50mm. Rotated 90 degree outside the seam, it's 35.79mm. So they are definitely not 40+ balls.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2016, 19:15 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

In regard to the jamming, i found that if you paused or started the robot when the bucket hole was over the delivery hole, it would cause a jam but once working I've never had this issue.

As far as the oscillation goes, make sure the power cord at the back is not tight and pulling slightly. You need to get a bit of slack on the table. Also if too much tilt it can struggle.

They didn't send stand to me or the targets. After several emails they sent the tilt stand but apparently there are no targets so the sent me some balls instead.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2016, 19:26 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I was about to post the same thing. Had a jam in the beginning and figured out the problem.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2016, 20:12 
Super User

Blade: Acoustic Carbon Inner ST
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Rakza Z
Cobalt wrote:
They didn't send stand to me or the targets. After several emails they sent the tilt stand but apparently there are no targets so the sent me some balls instead.

One of my teammates who bought this item from them had the same issues with those bits not being included. Some internal processes need to be sorted out there, I think! Either a change to their eBay listing or an amended SKU in their accounting program to "build" the eBay items into one selling unit would seem to be obvious solutions.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2016, 22:07 

Cobalt wrote:
As far as the oscillation goes, make sure the power cord at the back is not tight and pulling slightly. You need to get a bit of slack on the table.

THANK YOU :up:. This seems to have solved my oscillation issue, and possibly also the ball jamming issue. I tried feeding the cord through the bottom / table level instead of over the net and gave it a bit of a slack, and the oscillation worked much better.

I also didn't experience as much if any jamming. I'll play with it again tomorrow.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2016, 22:12 

The next challenge is the ability to see whether the ball container is empty but if there is no jamming issue I guess it's not as important, if I can reliably tell that when there's no more ball = empty, not jammed.

My arms are going to get sore in the next few days.

PS I like how there's a tiny bit of randomness as to when it would spit out the balls while oscillating, so sometimes the ball goes to the middle, left, right. Not sure if that's by design

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2016, 23:32 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

You get to know when it's coming to an end, can't remember but it's either the sound or the throw changes when only a handful left.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2016, 01:22 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Mine came with the battery box. Put in six Envelopes and it doesn't matter where the wall socket is any more!

Iskandar

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2016, 22:25 

Blade: Yasaka MaLin Carb
FH: Hurrican 3 Neo
BH: Donic F1
Anyone bought from Pingpongdepot? The price seems good. But when I asked them about the 2016 version. They just keep saying theirs is the latest model and didn't seem to understand the differences. And their product discription is really poor.

https://www.pingpongdepot.com/joola-ipo ... nada-only/

Again I'm just looking for a robot for regular training. The Amicus is great, but not very affordable. Ipong v300 seems like a viable option, at least for a short term...

Thanks!

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 08:17 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Works out roughly what I paid for mine here in Australia. It can't do everything you might want but it does enough that you can certainly groove basic loops, drives and pushes, maybe not at the exact speed and spin you might want but its good enough. I've found it simple and reliable.