OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:21

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2016, 03:35 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
After literally months of planning and lots of stops and starts, the omnipotent OOAK Equipment Committee of haggisv, REB, MNNB and myself have finally taken the plunge and are pleased to announce the launch of the OOAK List of Authorised Racket Fun.

This is a "work in progress" with lots of work and little progress, so we're going live with it now or it will never get off the ground. Because the OOAK LARF is still in its early stages of roll out, we've adopted the use of a PDF format and are sharing it's location via a Google Drive link. Please don't abuse this link.

Link to OOAK LARF

If this topic proves popular, insanely popular, one of the most popular threads in OOAK history, then we will look to incorporate the OOAK LARF into the OOAK Forum Website (well haggisv will :devil: )

To view the OOAK LARF:
You will need a PDF document reader. The good news is there are lots of free readers available for Windows, Android, Apple etc operating systems. If you are lucky your web browser may have a PDF plug in already installed in which case the link will simply open the OOAK LARF within your browser - I have tested this product with Firefox and Chrome and it works fine.

Every few weeks a poll will be conducted to decide what new suppliers and brands of rubber will be added to the OOAK LARF - that will help with the administration of the LARF too. However, to help get this project off the ground, voting will not be required for any nominations made before 11 September - just a suitable bribe :devil:

How the OOAK LARF will work:

1. OOAK Forum members, and only OOAK Forum members are invited to submit their own applications for consideration of entry on to the OOAK LARF.

2. To be considered a valid application you must post in this topic
Your “Supplier” name
Your “Brand” name
Type (In, Out, shake it all about, err Anti)
And importantly, a description of your rubber (max of 70 characters please)

Note: Each OOAK member is limited to 7 rubber entries. You can choose to remove rubbers from the list to make room for new ones at a later date.

Failure to provide each of these elements will result in your rubber being disqualified from consideration. Note to haggisv, REB and MNNB, despite repeated warnings, the majority of your rubbers do not have a description for them. You're on your last warnings!

Failure to contribute to the forum on at least a semi-regular basis can also result in your supplier and brands being removed from the OOAK LARF - the igmony.

Lastly, please try and be both creative and respectful of others. This is not a topic for venting anger towards any particular organisation or individual. You will be held accountable by the moderators for any breach of forum rules – subject to any voluntary donations made in unmarked, non sequential bills in to our “Private Interest Rate Savings Account” Bribenstrasse 15, P.O.Box CH – 666 Zurich, Switzerland.

We await your nominations.

Version History:
1. 160903 - initial launch
2. 160904 - revised for haggisv, hangdog, Cobalt and REB's entries
3. 160906 - revised for new manufacturers Retriever, Musicfreak and Red plus new rubbers from OOAK and Magic and a reclassification of Cobat Corp's Sytle Master
4. 160922 - revised for new manufacturers Pipsy and Old Man's... and withdrawl of Magic's Wall
5. 160924 - revised for creativity, ingenuity and downright cheek JapSCAM is BANNED
6. 161027 - addtion of MNNB rubbers and correction for MusicFreak0's new rubber and previous error ;)

NOTE:
This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Last edited by Debater on 27 Oct 2016, 20:19, edited 22 times in total.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2016, 04:00 
Super User

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 neo 40 Degrees
BH: Tenergy 05
So we post it over here and it will be put updated into the pdf document later? sounds like fun!!!

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2016, 04:07 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

kim biceps wrote:
So we post it over here and it will be put updated into the pdf document later? sounds like fun!!!

If either:

1. The right fees are paid or
2. Members of the OOAK forum vote to add the Supplier and Brands to the OOAK LARF

yes :)

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2016, 10:21 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I hope everyone reads the actual PDF above...take a good look guys, this is a classy piece of work! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Who can come up with some great new names?

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2016, 11:07 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2016, 16:31 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Here are my suggestions, with descriptions now included, to please the master. :lol:

001 Haggisv
No.: Name: Type: Description:

001 Speedglue - In - I'll be back
002 Booster - In - without any chemical or other treatment
003 Facade - In - frictionless pimples beneath the topsheet
004 In - Out - when you can't make up your mind
005 Snot - Anti - slippery as ...
006 Odd - Out - nothing lasts forever

C'mon OOAK, who can do better that this? WE've got some great minds here, lets see some great names & descriptions! Any single entry will be considered for addition. I'm sure those who believe in ITTF conspiracies can have some clever inputs here. :oops: :lol:

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2016, 18:42 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OOAK LARF has been updated and revised accordingly :)

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2016, 19:04 
Super User

Blade: Acoustic Carbon Inner ST
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Rakza Z
001 EatIt 2 - Out - Long pips with "HaveYer" cake sponge. Reverses spin, yet lets you do inverted BH topspin flicks whenever you forget that you have LPs.

002 Orthogonal - In - special pip orientation converts your spin by 90°. Side swipes become loops or chops. Loops or chops become sidespin.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2016, 19:08 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Hi hangdog, thanks for the nominations. :lol:

What's your company name please and can you reduce your product despcriptions in length to 70 characters max. Any more than that length and it affects the formating of the LARF.

Thanks

Last edited by Debater on 04 Sep 2016, 19:50, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2016, 19:13 
Super User

003 Air Boost - In - Open a valve hidden in the logo to self-inflate the special sponge after racket control.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2016, 19:17 
Super User

Debater wrote:

What's your company name please?

SF TT Physics.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2016, 19:22 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

hangdog wrote:
Debater wrote:

What's your company name please?

SF TT Physics.

Just need your revised descriptions please (140 characters or less) and then I'll be able to update the OOAK LARF.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2016, 19:40 
Super User

Argh, the whole thing in each case has to be 140 characters? :P Here goes:

001 EatIt 2 - Out - Long pips with "HaveYer" cake sponge. Permits inverted BH topspin flicks whenever you forget that you have LPs.

002 Orthogonal - In - Special pip orientation converts spin by 90°. Side swipes become loops/chops, & vice versa.

003 Air Boost - In - Open a valve hidden in the logo to self-inflate the special sponge after racket control.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2016, 19:57 
Super User

I'm sorry, I shouldn't keep adding rubbers. I'll stop. For now…

004 Double Vision - In - At some angles, a 3D hologram of a ball appears on the topsheet. Great for deception!

005 Protector - In - Pre-glued rubber with the same tackiness front & back. Protect the topsheet by storing it face-down on the blade.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2016, 20:11 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

hangdog wrote:
I'm sorry, I shouldn't keep adding rubbers. I'll stop. For now…

004 Double Vision - In - At some angles, a 3D hologram of a ball appears on the topsheet. Great for deception!

005 Protector - In - Pre-glued rubber with the same tackiness front & back. Protect the topsheet by storing it face-down on the blade.

The despcription should actually be 70 characters because any more than than that and word wrap can throw off the alignment of the brand, make, pimple and description columns. I was wary of making too much "space" in the LARF too.

Have a look though and see what you think - I've now updated it again, no again, no err again so it should be up to date :lol: .

Although it's more work to maintain, I think it looks good with 2 lines for a description and it gives people more room to be creative without being long winded. People will just have to keep a check though that when I add descriptions longer than 70 characters (but still less than 141), it doesn't throw out of sync any of the rubber names below it.

Cheers