OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 13:27

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2016, 00:49 

Blade: Stiga OC
FH: Sanwei T88-I
BH: Xiom Sigma I Pro
Pokemon Go just went active in my country last weekend.

People walk around like zombies clutching their phones in front of them. | :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

BH XIOM Sigma I Europe 2mm

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2016, 01:05 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
It has been like that in Sweden last 2-3 weeks. Zombies wherever you look :). Seriously, that game has alone made more to make people move/exercise and interact with each other than all sports together. Many people who normally never leave their house (like people with autism/Asperger's syndrome) are suddenly out chasing Pokemons and can talk to other people (players) in a way they would never dare to do normally. And this game is just the first game with this type of interface. Many more will come. I think it is great!

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2016, 16:32 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
You raise a good point there DA. Perhaps Pokemon GO is not all bad after all :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2016, 01:27 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Amazing. Downloaded it last Friday, caught one in the parking lot, a couple more in my bedroom (yeah, supposedly you have to be out of doors, don't believe them), took the phone to the mall just to see what was there, caught maybe fifteen in the first half hour (it helps that GPS is very imprecise indoors, and your avatar walks around randomly, so you get to catch anything within 400 yards while sitting down to eat breakfast...), another two while waiting for the movie (Captain Terrific, er, Fantastic) to start, maybe another fifteen over lunch. Sunday morning, caught maybe 30 while grocery shopping at a different mall (the first mall had mainly bats, this one had nothing but rats and pigeons.. :lol: :lol: :lol: ). Now four days later, I'm up to level 10, with somewhere between 150 and 200 of the things. And I'm the kind of guy who NEVER carries a phone around, it was strictly for internet banking (the bank sends PIN numbers to it to complete transactions) and for Google Maps when travelling. :lol:

Now what I REALLY want to do is get some new Pokestops made - I've got some really good names for various campus landmarks. The new public toilet near Physics is going to be the "Synchrotron Facility".. :lol: Problem is they're not making any new ones at the moment.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2016, 11:29 
Super User

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 neo 40 Degrees
BH: Tenergy 05
I work in airport, there's like 15 pokestops within the airport alone! Not the terminal mind you, like the airport where theres runaways and aircraft parking bays. Haha one theres many incident where all the vehicles parked at one point, later we found out there were snorlax sleeping there.

I myself dont play it, as i've had enough through my teenage years to play it via gameboy. But i do drive my nieces and nephews around to catch em all!

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2016, 14:28 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

It's really funny. There's a complex of shops near where I live. If you visit around 11pm at night, you'll notice all these cars driving slowly around the block, stopping every 50 yards or so. They'll go around and around and around. Sometimes you'll see people actually walking up and down the sidewalks playing, but most seem to be in their cars.

KLIA2 has pokestops and gyms all over the terminal! When you're indoors the GPS isn't very precise so you could be anywhere in the terminal and you'll "drift" near any number of these. Same as Chiang Mai airport. When you're in a room with lots of windows your location will be more fixed, but otherwise you don't even need to move around much. It does make time pass a little faster when waiting for a flight.

Iskandar

Last edited by iskandar taib on 09 Sep 2016, 15:56, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2016, 15:56 
Super User

Haha yeah I'm talking bout klia2 man!!!! Pokestops are Cray Cray over there.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2016, 19:34 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

If any of you are still playing this game...

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/ ... okemon-go/

I was wondering why there were so many Gastlys this morning at breakfast. Usually you don't see any. And Cubones. Well, I know what I'll be doing this evening after work... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2016, 20:26 
Super User

haha try getting gengar maynn

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2016, 03:32 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Just caught a sizable one a few minutes ago in the comfort of my bedroom. Put the phone on to charge, checked the app one last time, a gengar and a gastly popped up in the house across the street (I'll tell them, tomorrow, that their house is haunted... :lol: ). I was out for a couple hours today in two locations - it's unreal. All the usual rats, pigeons, caterpillars and weevils have disappeared, instead there are more gastlys and cubones (why cubones?) than you can count. Also a LOT of drowzees ("pokemon with pants" :lol: ), and the occasional haunter. AND a small number of gengar and I even caught a hypno. Spent a half hour (with a lucky egg deployed) evolving the 25 or so gastlys I kept (as well as some older stuff I'd caught on previous days), you get 1000 points each. Great way to rack up points to get to the next level. Since they're giving you two candies per pokemon you throw away, er, transfer, this is a good time to do it. Six candies per item caught, too. And it lasts till next Monday, so enjoy it while it lasts... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2016, 04:55 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
Just caught a sizable one a few minutes ago in the comfort of my bedroom. Put the phone on to charge, checked the app one last time, a gengar and a gastly popped up in the house across the street (I'll tell them, tomorrow, that their house is haunted... :lol: ). I was out for a couple hours today in two locations - it's unreal. All the usual rats, pigeons, caterpillars and weevils have disappeared, instead there are more gastlys and cubones (why cubones?) than you can count. Also a LOT of drowzees ("pokemon with pants" :lol: ), and the occasional haunter. AND a small number of gengar and I even caught a hypno. Spent a half hour (with a lucky egg deployed) evolving the 25 or so gastlys I kept (as well as some older stuff I'd caught on previous days), you get 1000 points each. Great way to rack up points to get to the next level. Since they're giving you two candies per pokemon you throw away, er, transfer, this is a good time to do it. Six candies per item caught, too. And it lasts till next Monday, so enjoy it while it lasts... :lol:

Iskandar

Cubones are part of the ghost family i guess, i mean it has bones mask on its head, I think in the original game in the building where theres ghost cubones part of the family but im not sure anymore haha, wow gengar is big cheese mayn at the top

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2016, 09:05 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Forgot to mention, lots of cats as well.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2016, 16:22 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Wow.. Made Level 28 about a week after I made Level 27. Yeah, lots and lots of ghosts, as well as the tapirs with pants, cats, a few bats... I suppose I'll go out for the last time after work to take advantage of Hallowe'en..

Iskandar

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2016, 08:41 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
Wow.. Made Level 28 about a week after I made Level 27. Yeah, lots and lots of ghosts, as well as the tapirs with pants, cats, a few bats... I suppose I'll go out for the last time after work to take advantage of Hallowe'en..

Iskandar

haha tapirs with pants is drowzee i assume!

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2016, 19:12 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Yeah, they lose their pants when they evolve... they get a neck ruff instead... :lol:

Hmmm... the Hallowe'en special is still going, even though it was supposed to be until November 1st - four candies (instead of two) when you capture something, and two when you throw it away. Still lots of ghosts, cats and tapirs appearing.

Iskandar