OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:34

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2016, 19:55 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Below is a list of all current antispin rubbers.

I thought we might be able to have a go at sorting in (1) speed and (2) friction.

Since I doubt many of us have tried a large number of them, we'll need to get a lot of input from many members to get sorted lists. I think it would be very useful though as speed and friction are highly defining characteritics of antispin rubbers.

Who would like to take a stab at a few of these, to get things started? Even if you've only tried 2 of them, comparing then is faster and which has more friction is already quite useful.

Armstrong New Anti Spin
Butterfly Super Anti
DER-MATERIALSPEZIALIST Beast
DER-MATERIALSPEZIALIST Nightmare
DER-MATERIALSPEZIALIST Spinparasite
DER-MATERIALSPEZIALIST B.A.D
DER-MATERIALSPEZIALIST Transformer
DER-MATERIALSPEZIALIST Master Anti
DER-MATERIALSPEZIALIST Diabolic
DOnic Alligator Anti
Donic Anti Classic
DR NEUBAUER Gorilla
DR NEUBAUER Grizzly
DR NEUBAUER Anti Special
DR NEUBAUER ABS
DR NEUBAUER Power Attack
DR NEUBAUER Bison
FRIENDSHIP 804
Giant Dragon Guard
Hallmark Mirage
Joola Amy
Joola Anti Topspin Toni Hold
Juic Neo Anti
Nittaku Best Anti
Spinlord Sandwind
Stiga Energy Absorber
Sunflex Ani Loop
Tibhar Ellen
Tuttle Prevention Arc
Yasaka Anti Power

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2016, 06:35 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
hm, i have tried only these new frictionless antis...

speed: DMS Beast > DMS Transformer
friction: DMS Beast = DMS Transformer (i think :D )

if AA is around he probably tried it all :lol:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2016, 01:06 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
First of all let me add to the list as the following Dr. Neubauer rubber are missing: Buffalo, Grizzly-ABS and Gorilla-ABS (topsheet with ABS sponge). So I will take a crack at categorizing based on the few rubbers I tested or played with:

Speed/friction
- Buffalo 1.8mm 1/1 (the slowest and most controlled frictionless anti I have tested)
- Bison 1.8mm 2-3/1 (slower in passive game but accelerates more on attacking strokes)
- ABS 1.2mm 3/0-2 (I had 3 over the years and the topsheets differed a little bit in the friction; the slickest anti I have is an old sheet of ABS; massive reversal!)
- Grizzly-ABS 1.2mm 5/1 (good for attacking; I had trouble keeping the blocks on the table with an Off- blade)
- Gorilla-ABS 1.2 4/0 (very slick topsheet but too fast for me even with the ABS sponge)
- Yasaka Anti Power 2.0mm 9/4 (pretty fast classic anti; I could play this with the same techniques I used to use when I played Diamant MP; nice rubber for aggressive block/counter game)
- BTY Super Anti 1.9mm 7/5 (slower than the Yasaka and slightly grippier; very controlled classic anti for allround game)

Of course the speed and friction is relative to each other in the anti category and cannot be compared to other inverted or pimpled rubbers.

Last edited by Matt Pimple on 17 Sep 2016, 08:01, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2016, 07:39 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
Matt, when will you finally try some of DMS antis so you can compare them for us against DrN? :rock: :rock:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2016, 07:59 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
111Iceman111 wrote:
Matt, when will you finally try some of DMS antis so you can compare them for us against DrN? :rock: :rock:

As soon as somebody sends me some DMS antis for testing, I will compare them against the Dr. N antis. ;)