OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:19

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Kim's Obsessions!
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2016, 23:29 
Super User

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 neo 40 Degrees
BH: Tenergy 05
Well as some of you may know, I'm pretty obsessed on anything table tennis recently, and recently decided to join this forum as an active member, after being a silent reader for several years. The first time i was introduced to ooak was when I first got my clipper cr and finding good rubbers to pair it up with.

The in depth review of rubbers and blades is what attracts me the most to this site compared to others, plus the layout of vibrant pics is why i choose to finally sign up here. I used to be obsessed on different things which i call phases that I may return every now and then, these phases seems to come and fade out of my life every now and then. I can't seem to stick to only one obsession for a long period of time.

Parts of my obsessions is musics, books, good movies & series, bodybuilding and table tennis. So feel free to ask me any suggestions on these stuffs, table tennis is quite a new world to me in terms of ej-ing and equipments. So in that department I may not be so helpful for now, but i intend to be in this several years to be the go to person haha.

So my blogs might not be limited to table tennis alone, my fav genre on music currently is post rock and chill step, fav movie for last year is ex-machina, fav series hannibal, fav form of exercise is strength training and least fav is cardio, My primary goal in table tennis is beating everyone in my company, which is a big company as I work in airline industry.

My current ej situation is maybe I limit buying only a blades month and a set of rubbers with it. But like books and musical instruments ( I play electric guitar ) I only tend to buy only what i think attracts me the most in terms of whether aesthetic or functionality. So i dont think I'll be doing impulsive shopping on my part.

After using Nittaku Ludeack fleet for three months with h3 neo and fastarc s1 I sold it to my partner who was using 729 bomb with stiga calibra LT set. While practicing with my LF he decided that it suits him better but probably gonna change the fastarc s1 in near future, and i gave him a good deal on it.

For now I'm gonna continue wielding this setup and loving every bit of it. Been watching a lot of footwork videos nowadays and trying to get accustomed to the proper footwork in game wise, I noticed that my form really goes off when I'm tired, really need to form the habit on lowering my body in game.

After getting transferred to the aircraft hangar instead of the main engineering department I rarely get to play tt as much as i want to, so I decided to join local club this month, and been going to the club 2 times weekly. Maybe if i get serious ill be there often more.

Sorry if the writing seems rather disarray, haha maybe if I update my blogs often enough I'll be better at composing coherent thoughts and more proper composition.

Post subject: Re: Kim's Obsessions!
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2016, 00:33 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Keep it up! 8-)

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2016, 11:57 
Super User

Thx my maynnn!
Have booked my set of adidas rubber (p5 and tenzone) did it because the price is way cheaper now, and am afraid that I won't be able to try it once they are not in the market anymore.

Planning to get a blade as well next month so probably gonna move my omegas on them.

My thoughts on the omega Asia vs pro. Not much of a difference but Asia has that extra speed when u bottom out that rubber it's probably a tad faster, but changing both bh and fh side doesn't alter my way of playing as much.

Really solid rubbers, coming off a h3 neo, the speed is night and day, especially bcoz I didn't boost the neo at all.
But dwell time is less by a fraction even though my swing is big vs my old minimal wrist flicks. My bh fastarc s1 nittaku was made for blocking and minimal spin so that one I don't expect much vs omega 4. Since it made for blocking.

But the less spin polish my bh flicks as I need to open up the bat more and focus on getting it over the net. But now I have to adjust the bat in close position on flicks and close bh flicks is scary speedy, I don't even expect that kinda speed.

Currently on my thoughts as I have bought the rubbers is the paddle I wanna put my current rubbers on.

I'm thinking of getting either nittaku barwell fleet or stiga carbon blades (not carbonado) . In long run I would like to have set in my mind to get darker esteem or tb alc. Whichever comes at nice price I would take it in a snap.

(P.s I saw a nittaku goriki at 40% off secondhand Jesus it looks beautiful.)

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2016, 19:59 
Super User

Aww man just got the news that the club is closed tonight :(

Been itching to give night time a go. And tommorow night I'll be working so maybe till next week then.
I could always get serious to the next level and even hit the club even when I'm working (tried mixing gymming and work before , didn't fare out so well.)

Hm but surely the thought had came up.

So maybe I continue with strength training today instead. My current bodyweight is 85 kgs and targetting to cut to my nominal weight of 79-81 kilos.

maybe back to this shape again.

After getting this office job for a month ive been leaning on maccas for my dinner fix, and being on a desk while typing doesnt help my tummy. I used to work on the line and fix aircraft on the daily, and it requires alot of hands on work like fixing the aircrafts engines and changing the aircrafts battery (they weigh 25 kilos each and you're supposed to lift them alone inside the compartments as the place where the battery is situated restrict to one man only)

But with the office job maybe i got more freedom time , and been using it to read books and readingg tt stuffs so thats a plus, maybe i could shift it to more bodyweights exercise inside the office.

Maybe one thing i can never maintain is healthy diets , here in malaysia food is always gon be delicious with varieties of authentic malay, chinese and indian foods alike, and they're rarely healthy.

Well that's it for today, probably will update this daily or bi-daily, I dunno it feels good tapping on my keayboard like this , even knowing that not many ppl will read this.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2016, 20:18 
Super User

The owner of goriki is really dipping the blade at low price now well tempted vs barwell fleet now! whew my ej-gasm is tingling!

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2016, 00:22 
Super User

Played today at the local club. Well today is the first time which I've actually came to the club at night. Been playing with my office mates over there since its cheap and convenient for us these three weeks.

And finally I got the guts and muster myself to go there at night time ( I know for a fact the ones who played there nightly is dedicated bunch and attend state tournaments often, the concern of me getting my ass handed down is real!)

So I came and saw one old guy just preparing himself wearing shoes and what not. We talked a bit about the place, and he was asking where I live etc. I was actually waiting a fren of mine who I know through facebook that wanna play there and to shy to come for the first time and we bot agree we gonna go there both first time as we are kinda newbie compare to others.

The old guy casually ask me if i wanna stroke with him, i said okay.

While I practice my short serves he finish changing and brought out his paddle, as he take apart his rubber protective cover I shuddered haha, cpen double inverted. I don't actually get to see what he is using but we stroke for about 30 minutes, and i gave my all rather than being casual haha.

His style would probably be short table control, with more direct hits rather than looping but any powershots i sent to him he is sure to be there and direct the ball to a place thats hard for me to take. 'Old style slyness' can be applied here. We dont play actual game.

My next opponent is a baws! from afar I already see he is wielding a zjk blade (not sure if its the zlc or szlc version) , as we stroke pre game, i saw he is definitely a looper and gosh is he a good one, his ball felt super heavy and his stroke is very full from top to bottom chinese style, am not sure what rubber he used though.

In game, he uses pendulum serve, and i dont think he uses any reverse pendulum though, I got owned most of the sets only took one out of 7 and even then i think it was him giving me chance. His serve was less spinny than i thought it was gonna be, but it was short nevertheless, deep into the sets i was able to bh loop the serves back rather than bh slice the ball for safe play.

But in game his fh powerloop flies of my bat and i was shocked as theres no one in my office had that power (the former state player in our office had less power than that but he was using dhs wind series with butterfly tackinees both side) especially in bh block, super ineffective against his powerloop it just fly off, and i did close my bat but maybe i've never actually found someone with that power and speed, and gotta get used to playing someone like him (maybe get more behind the table and close my bat more.

Th third and last guy i go against is the 'newbie' which i know through fb, i saw him looping and playing against someone. Although he said he's a newbie his stroke is quite polished, but he did told me about how he was using a cheap bat with hurricanes on both side.

He's in the same situation as me as he plays in office and wanna get a bit serious. And as I was looping with him I can see his discipline on maintaining his body forms on strokes fh maybe he was lacking a bit on bh cause as we changed sides i can see he got trouble in maintaining consistency in that area, as me myself my fh loop need polishing too haha

So in game i take all game best of 7, he had trouble taking my reverse pendulum serve, and explained to me that no one in the office had that kinda serve, we talk tactics after while watching the pros play. Whew that's it for today, really interesting how much small u feel against all these mighty ppl.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2016, 08:14 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Did you try softblocking against that power loop? Loosen your grip a bit, try not to punch it back...

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2016, 10:07 
Super User

Silver wrote:
Did you try softblocking against that power loop? Loosen your grip a bit, try not to punch it back...

Good point! i was actually trying to go aggresive against him as and win points that way since his fh powerloop took alot of effort on his side, my only answer that i could come up with after the best of 7 game was 1-i need to close the bat much more 2- i need the do micro wrist loop to give the ball a little spin to send it down.

Soft blocking is never one of it, so thanks for opening my eyes to that, tbh i've been playing with my officemates alot and that kinda deterred my progression as no one in my office had that kind of powerllop , most of them are euro style of looper, and im the only one who took time mastering the chinese style of looping.

Gotta read more on this soft blocking then!!! Thanks again!

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2016, 23:46 
Super User

Been watching alot of ryu seung min lately, wondering if there's anyone out there worth watching in terms of jpen players.

My fav cpen player on the other hand is definitely xu xin, the way he glides here and there is astonishing, what I like about
him the most is the was his fh stroke is very refined and goes full swing all the time.

Am wondering why he didn't go to the carbon paddle route though, or maybe all penhold players are more comfortable with all wood setups?

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2016, 01:38 

oh man....based on what you wrote, you're basically me on the other side of the world 8)

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2016, 01:49 
Super User

ZeroZero wrote:
oh man....based on what you wrote, you're basically me on the other side of the world 8)

Good to know!
Haha which part do we have similarities tho? just out of curiosity.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2016, 02:03 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
What size is the club you go to Kim? How many tables there, and players? Maybe take a pic and post it. If you get real brave post a vid of yourself playing. ;)

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2016, 02:07 
Super User

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
What size is the club you go to Kim? How many tables there, and players? Maybe take a pic and post it. If you get real brave post a vid of yourself playing. ;)

haha that vid will come , but maybe next year haha, I would post pic the next time i go there, its pretty big maybe 9 tables with dividers between them, players very from night to night, but basically in the group chats theres about 118 ppl in there, so its pretty big as far as i can tell.

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2016, 00:55 
Super User

Tuesday September 20, I muster myself to come to the club before work starts, when I first came, no one is free to play with me, there's three tables with ppl playing matches.

So I practice my short serves on an empty table, trying to make my pendulum and reverse pendulum bounce more then once.

Then after 15 minutes i took a break and sit down a guy came and asked me if I'm interested to play with him, I said yes haha, at this point I only have a best of seven to play before going to work.

after the first stroke he cut with his bh and when i failed to take it, he was like bro i have pips on my bh dun dun dun!!!!

Finally my first match with a semi pro pips player, to make the story short i was flat destroyed every set although did draw two sets he took 4 of me and I can see he was playing serious and carefully on every short, like when he saw that he can't handle my serves on his forehand he just sits back and wait for it with his bh.

I definitely can't read the spin on certain shots, what seem like a ball without any spin on it i try to loop it back normally would go to net, hm definitely need more training against pip players. There's even one time he sliced the ball downwards on the table and maybe tap it a litte bit and the ball go somewhere i didnt expect that thing annoys the hell outta me.

haha more training is required!

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2016, 01:07 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
we're waiting for you on the dark(er) side... :devil:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next