OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 02:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2016, 07:18 
Super User

Blade: VKMO
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Victas Spectol S1
iskandar taib wrote:
Uhh... That video isn't available.

I did come across this series years and years ago. I don't think I watched more than one episode, it was so bad.. :lol:

(There is an English dub available on YouTube, but I can't stand dubs... :lol: )

Iskandar

You can still find it if you search up Ping Pong Animation on youtube, the first thing that should come up is the 1st episode, its called "The Wind Makes It Hard To Hear" or something like that on the Funimation channel

Rating: Recreational Player

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2016, 08:29 

violoniste18 wrote:
where are you located ? it's team competition ?

return board is a good exercice.

When I am alone at my club, when I come as the first player, I push a table against a wall and hit the ball right straight. The wall return to me a shopped ball and I have to loop with spin

As one start a new technique not quite young, we have to practice a lot of "scales" !

I was put in the men's doubles comp. We were eliminated in the third stage of the games. Our singles players didn't fare well (except for a beginner girl whose sloooww loops are so devastatingly effective; 3rd placer) Plenty of players are/were coaches and former national players. The amusing and inspiring thing that I've heard so far was "with that wicked RPB, you should've played in the singles" :lol:
Receiving serves is my weakness. I used inverted this time because I thought haven't gotten used to SP yet. It should have been the PROPER time to begin using SP, don't you think? Small comp or not.
Anyways..it was a good experience playing with proper blades and rubbers. :lol: Far cry from last year's comp where we only won by virtue of default :rofl:
As a game waged on in another table, I played with a former regional player on a vacant one. He's still good. I observed that most of them former school players and coaches use the same kind of set ups - thick and fast carbon blades with tibhars and yasakas. I presume they were, once upon a time, bought en mass for training and comp use. Anyways, this former player's loops were good but owing to the stiff and thick Joola, they don't give a deadly kick in the table; but the hit shots are amazing. Using the DHS in my sig, I can block his loops well, some using TBH I was sooo ecstatic on the fourth or so return. I was able to mix passive blocks and chopped blocks using the Globe 999 1.8mm :rock: And I found out that hitting and smashing are easiest and consistent with thin rubbers (and with SP, too?)
Needless to say, I garnered an equivalent +1 experience point in playing with someone so good. Us beginners shouldn't hesitate giving a "challenge" nod to a guy who's a thousand level above us.

@ Danthespearton
Nice anime. I wish there's a dubbed-in-English version so my 6yr old daughter can watch it.

DHS 301
Adidas Hypertouch
Reactor CA-1

All decked with DHS H3Neo
and Yinhe Moon! I'm cured from low-level EJ'ying!

On to the next TT journey!

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2016, 12:08 
Super User

j2sip wrote:
violoniste18 wrote:
where are you located ? it's team competition ?

return board is a good exercice.

When I am alone at my club, when I come as the first player, I push a table against a wall and hit the ball right straight. The wall return to me a shopped ball and I have to loop with spin

As one start a new technique not quite young, we have to practice a lot of "scales" !

I was put in the men's doubles comp. We were eliminated in the third stage of the games. Our singles players didn't fare well (except for a beginner girl whose sloooww loops are so devastatingly effective; 3rd placer) Plenty of players are/were coaches and former national players. The amusing and inspiring thing that I've heard so far was "with that wicked RPB, you should've played in the singles" :lol:
Receiving serves is my weakness. I used inverted this time because I thought haven't gotten used to SP yet. It should have been the PROPER time to begin using SP, don't you think? Small comp or not.
Anyways..it was a good experience playing with proper blades and rubbers. :lol: Far cry from last year's comp where we only won by virtue of default :rofl:
As a game waged on in another table, I played with a former regional player on a vacant one. He's still good. I observed that most of them former school players and coaches use the same kind of set ups - thick and fast carbon blades with tibhars and yasakas. I presume they were, once upon a time, bought en mass for training and comp use. Anyways, this former player's loops were good but owing to the stiff and thick Joola, they don't give a deadly kick in the table; but the hit shots are amazing. Using the DHS in my sig, I can block his loops well, some using TBH I was sooo ecstatic on the fourth or so return. I was able to mix passive blocks and chopped blocks using the Globe 999 1.8mm :rock: And I found out that hitting and smashing are easiest and consistent with thin rubbers (and with SP, too?)
Needless to say, I garnered an equivalent +1 experience point in playing with someone so good. Us beginners shouldn't hesitate giving a "challenge" nod to a guy who's a thousand level above us.

@ Danthespearton
Nice anime. I wish there's a dubbed-in-English version so my 6yr old daughter can watch it.

Yeh, its preeeeeeeeeety goood. Loved the last episode.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2016, 20:22 

Inspired by the improvement in my hitting (as opposed to looping) stroke, I ordered another DHS W1030 and 729 563-1 MP in 1.5mm. The reason I ordered the MP is that I can't find an SP in less than 2.0mm thickness in our local online shop. The 2.0mm 802 that I have is too fast and uncontrollable(for me) when hitting. I found the Globe 999 1.8mm very good for smashing and hitting.

Now comes the question....Will this MP good for FH hitting? My strokes have graduated from looping to a more horizontal hitting style. I now also have a little topspin move using the wrist.. a flick or roll? I don't know how's that called properly. Will these help in playing MP?

Thanks in advance.

DHS 301
Adidas Hypertouch
Reactor CA-1

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2016, 04:34 

Blade: loukov blade
FH: rakza 7 2 mm
BH: nittaku pimple mini 1 mm
Medium pips for forehand ... I don't think it's a good idea. With penhold grip, you have to spin the ball, it is the advantage of that grip, thanks to wrist mobility ! short pips or backside permits it far better than mp ...

I think a nice possibility to start penhold is C-pen with allround blade and backside not too fast !

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2016, 07:28 

If the MP will not work perhaps I can transfer the sponge to the 802 SP that I already have. I just don't know the method.

These are the only available SP/MPs in the thickness that I want:

889 1.8mm
799 1.5mm
563 1.5mm
563-1 1.5mm
888 1.8mm

Which one is better for hitting and pushing with a little deception and wobble? I came to love the DHS W1030 blade and I ordered a heavier one thinking it will be faster and bouncier than the light one I already have.

DHS 301
Adidas Hypertouch
Reactor CA-1

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2016, 12:15 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

j2sip wrote:

@ Danthespearton

You're not referring to "Ping Pong Club", I hope... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2016, 20:32 

Oh my, is it what I think it is? I need to watch it first.

Typing space shouldn't be wasted :lol:

Is a Clipper CR good for SP?

DHS 301
Adidas Hypertouch
Reactor CA-1

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2016, 19:33 

you have to use Acétone in order to remove the sponge from the rubber

it will dissolve glue

I have changed my short pips to backside Pro XP, playing short pips is firesome, you have always to hit the ball ...

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2016, 21:33 

violoniste18 wrote:
you have to use Acétone in order to remove the sponge from the rubber

it will dissolve glue

I have changed my short pips to backside Pro XP, playing short pips is firesome, you have always to hit the ball ...

Thanks for the info..

I find it the opposite. For me, it's the looping stroke that's so exhausting. I'm learning the short hitting stroke that is required for much of short pips play and tend to relax more my hands and body.

DHS 301
Adidas Hypertouch
Reactor CA-1

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2016, 16:34 

Yes, one prefer either to hit or to spin, and short pips is ideal for hitting, for sure.

I like to caress the ball, as the strings of the violin ...

My chinese coach tells me it's better to use a blade with 7 layers for hiting with SP

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2016, 10:27 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
j2sip wrote:

@ Danthespearton

You're not referring to "Ping Pong Club", I hope... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iskandar

NONONONO I NEVER SHOULD HAVE WATCHED THAT VID YOU POSTED i actually got mentally scarred, im talking about the anime developed by Massaki yu-something, the one where the main characters are 2 best friends; a chopper in glasses named Tsukimoto (aka Smile) and a bowl-headed jpen hitter named Hoshino (aka Peco), the art is kinda choppy for my taste (get it, choppy? :P ) but otherwise, very good. The character development is beautiful too, and all the people who managed to watch the whole thing have said they absolutely loved it.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2016, 10:40 

Blade: Yinhe 980XX
FH: Yinhe 9000D
BH: Yinhe 955 0.7mm
j2sip wrote:
Here, is the Philippines. What clipper type chinese blade can you suggest? I'd like a bit hard feeling wooden blade this time,.

Dawei R5. Hard all wood blade. Bought one for my girlfriend from greenpaddle.com. Good speed, good feel and, good control. Only Php550+Php150 for delivery fee and 4% interest if using credit card. If you live in Manila you can just pick it up from their stores to avoid additional charges.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2016, 11:24 

They don't have it in penhold. Pingpongonline have the 729 Bomb in penhold. I wonder how this blade performs with SP or MP in the forehand and inverted in the back.vThanks.

DHS 301
Adidas Hypertouch
Reactor CA-1

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2016, 15:30 

Blade: Yinhe 980XX
FH: Yinhe 9000D
BH: Yinhe 955 0.7mm
j2sip wrote:
They don't have it in penhold. Pingpongonline have the 729 Bomb in penhold. I wonder how this blade performs with SP or MP in the forehand and inverted in the back.vThanks.

If you're talking about Dawei R5, yes, greenpaddle has it in penhold. I just checked their site. As for the performance of SP and MP on hard blades, I have no idea. I play with SP (FH) and LP (BH) on a soft balsa blade (Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus pen) and I only have tried inverted rubbers on hard blades. I would also be glad to hear anyone who has experienced using SP and MP on a hard blade, esp. with the likes of Hinoki, Fiberglass, and Carbon blades.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next