OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:56

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: iPong v300 vs Newgy?
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2016, 03:30 

Blade: Butterfly Lin Gaoyuan
FH: Dignig 05
BH: Tenergy 05
Have anybody use both iPong v300 and Newgy, I am interested in hearing the pros and cons? I am seriously thinking buying an iPong v300. I had a Newgy in the 90s and found the balls got jammed often. I stopped playing and eventually gave it away. I recently went to a club in town and tried out the Newgy 2040 that they have setup, although the balls do not get jammed as often, the oscillator is no longer working on the unit I tried out. It's disappointed to see the Newgy has the same "plastici" feel and essentially the same design after some 20 years.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject: Re: iPong v300 vs Newgy?
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2016, 14:12 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Advantages:

iPong: Portable, you can set up the net in a few minutes. Robot, 100 balls and net fit into one Ikea tote bag. Battery powered, can set up anywhere (no need for power outlet).

Newgy: Recirculating balls.

In other words, they're for different purposes. If you have a fixed table, with available power (and the money), get the Newgy. If you have to constantly carry the robot to one or more places and set it up each time, get the iPong. You don't appreciate the recirculating balls until you've reloaded the iPong hopper a half dozen times...

Iskandar

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2016, 04:10 

Blade: Yasaka MaLin Carb
FH: Hurrican 3 Neo
BH: Donic F1
nomanlan wrote:
Have anybody use both iPong v300 and Newgy, I am interested in hearing the pros and cons? I am seriously thinking buying an iPong v300. I had a Newgy in the 90s and found the balls got jammed often. I stopped playing and eventually gave it away. I recently went to a club in town and tried out the Newgy 2040 that they have setup, although the balls do not get jammed as often, the oscillator is no longer working on the unit I tried out. It's disappointed to see the Newgy has the same "plastici" feel and essentially the same design after some 20 years.

"Having only one wheel" is the deal breaker for Newgy. While the v300 is cheap and lower end, it has 2 wheels..

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2017, 05:06 

Blade: Butterfly Lin Gaoyuan
FH: Dignig 05
BH: Tenergy 05
I choose iPong V300 over Newgy on any given day. I own both. One advantage that is often overlooked on the V300 is the fact that you can put it anywhere on the table as opposed having balls just shooting out from one location at the end of the table like the Newgy does. I find this very useful as you can control angle, speed and ball distance all at the same time to simulate more realistic shots. A big drawback with the V300 is the no spin ball setting. I find that I can't really use it at all as balls coming out unrealistically weird and it tends to shoot balls off the far end of the table even at lowest motor speed, this sort of defeats the purpose of having two motors that people are wanting in a robot.

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2017, 05:48 

nomanlan wrote:
I choose iPong V300 over Newgy on any given day. I own both. One advantage that is often overlooked on the V300 is the fact that you can put it anywhere on the table as opposed having balls just shooting out from one location at the end of the table like the Newgy does. I find this very useful as you can control angle, speed and ball distance all at the same time to simulate more realistic shots. A big drawback with the V300 is the no spin ball setting. I find that I can't really use it at all as balls coming out unrealistically weird and it tends to shoot balls off the far end of the table even at lowest motor speed, this sort of defeats the purpose of having two motors that people are wanting in a robot.

Which model of the newgy did you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk