OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 15:56

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kim's Obsessions!
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2016, 00:09 
Super User

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 neo 40 Degrees
BH: Tenergy 05
Multispoke wrote:

Had not realised that you were using the Clipper CR for 4-5 years - a blade that I could not use.

The Nittaku Barwell Fleet sounds like a beast. The Walnut reminds me of the Xiom V1 Quad I used to have - it was a good blade for what I had paid for it but I wouldn't go back to it now.
Not really a fan of Fibre Glass but if you got the blade cheap I suppose it's worth a try.

On the Hayabusa - I think they may be superseded by the Xiom Vega Pro & Xiom Vega Europe blades. I would be a fan of the XVE. Like Koto and Limba as outer piles but in the Xiom the Pro (Limba) didn't work for me. There are some new blades in these series without the carbon but don't know anything about them.

If you plum for an OFF- blade you can also speed it up. But it you start with an OFF+ it will limit your rubber choices.

It will be interesting to see if the NBF will be a keeper for you.

P.S. On the XZQ. locally I was able to pick it up for around €57 which was good value but likewise I reckon the XVE is a bargain at around €100 if one was looking for a OFF composite.

Yeah I prefer to make local purchase cause the stuff will come at my doorstep within 3 days and less. And locally nittaku and dhs stuffs are cheaper and can be found easily as more ppl tend to give them a try, even yinhe.

I've read the in depth review of NBF, it seems like its touch play is excellent for a carbon blade (short game is less bouncy and slower) but on mid distance loops the speed increases to even surpass alc blades so im interested as well how it really works, therefore will probably transfer the xiom rubbers currently on my viscaria and give it a go.

I agree on the less speedy blades have that advantage on you can always speed up with rubbers , the local saying from coaches is ' its easier to crank up the speed of your game on a slower setup, rather than slowing down the speed on faster setups' So i fully understand this phrase, and im the kinda guy who actually am satisfied with any decent setups even if its slower I'll still play it, like in the company tournament I lost my clipper setup, I ended up using most alot of my friends setup before purchasing new one, 729 bomb, dhs wind series ,primorac wood some that i have used, and some setups are way slower or higher throw and i have to adjust most of my games to suit them

I just think that my game suits more on the offensive setups like the clipper was, cause I actually used a yinhe one ply ayous once, like first purchase after the clipper, totally hated that i couldnt kill the ball with it most of the times, but it can loop all day and all the ball would go in, and it really feels super nice with the softest touch ive ever played on a blade, but my maximum effort on loops is nowhere near the speed of the clipper setups. I think the yinhe one ply ayous was all, all+ haha and i put in ritc rubbers maybe thats why its super slow. Maybe I'll revisit that blade in the future with better rubbers but highly unlikely.

In my region though this 3 months I've only saw like two xiom blades selling on 2nd hand which is strato and michaelangelo, and both was with high price tags like a butterfly blade is. Theres the cornilleu, itc and adidas popping up , but I'm not sure bout those brands never tested them.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2016, 19:18 
Super User

my rubbers came by today! Definitely late to the adidas party, but ala have to try it at such a cheap price (serial bargain hunter)
finger crossed will straight up go tenergy and hurricanes prov after this if i practice often enough to wear out this rubbers.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2016, 23:29 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Have fun!

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2016, 10:30 
Super User

rokphish2 wrote:
Have fun!

Will definitely do!!!

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2016, 21:16 
Super User

Soooooo... finally have it in my hands! the previous owner sure took good care of it, and as expected of nittaku , very fine workmanship no rough edges or whatsoever.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2016, 21:27 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
looks good!

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2016, 23:29 
Super User

rokphish2 wrote:
looks good!

Hope it plays good too!!!! :)

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2016, 23:42 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Looks in great condition. Is this the blade you want to seal?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2016, 00:07 
Super User

Weekly update on tt progression.

Missed alot of playing time cause needa visit my sister's family ( she lives in a diff state)

played only two days this week , one focus training with my office mate (both of us need to work on looping fh and bh so we picked a day and do strict looping on that day and after maybe an hour of training we proceed to best of 5 and did like three times of that repeat
me winning all 3 but he is giving me headache as he played alot more in office, while i only play on my offdays so i would say he is improving much better than me.)

His setup was the one i was using before this ludeack fleet h3 neo + nittaku fastarc s1 which suits him better since his bh contains alot of passive blocks while i loop on both sides, and me giving him heavy underspins he negates better cause the s1 has less grip, So i struggle a lot against him especially he already know how to read my serves well.

After that, 2 days was spent with my sis family, and even there i was reading alot on hurricanes and boosting as I've felt I need to revisit the rubber and slow down my game a bit in terms when concentrating training days with proper form and I thought that hurricanes helped me alot last time in perfecting my strokes and generating a lot of spin and power relance on you yourself rather than just the rubber helping u win games.

And after i went back on monday evening, i visit the club again on monday. Whew am I glad that i came , so many good players that day and alot of ppl giving me advice, one important aspect that one gave me is that i have to stay low all the time my strokes are better that way, I already know this but being reminded of it in game especially is important , and against one guy he actually notice that in game im quite lame compared to loop practice, and the end of the sets I gained quite a bit of confidence and pull full thrust into my shots especially on my bh and getting compliments from him definitely boost my confidence alot.

I go on to another guy, penhold with bh pips annoying how he took all my serves easily, and he's definitely someone who took risk alot in game as in driving full force when he saw an opportunity comes, later in sets i was shaping my game in that sense as well as i flick more and any long serves i just full power fh loop.

I did win the game in the end but it was really close as one set it was 15-15 he won that game though :(

one golden tip I had this week is on how i approach bh flick, before this i was using the fastarc s1 on bh and its thinner than my current max thickness setup on viscaria. So the luxury of making the ball stays longer on the rubber is loss there (at least in my understanding and opinion) So one guy who actually use viscaria as well, was using t05 and to5 fx on bh had both medium thickness on his rubber, he was showing me his bh flicks in a manner that it goes in everytime, and he explained the way the ball sticks longer and he said as you progressed using thicker sponge you should just pull the racket backwards like fzd and hit the ball when the racket is going high speed midway or end of the swing to lift the ball.

Definitely need more training on footwork, i wonder whether shadow footwork training in front of mirror helps? hmm

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2016, 00:08 
Super User

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Looks in great condition. Is this the blade you want to seal?

Probably will just seal all blades i have right now, both the barwell fleet and viscaria, and the yinhe j1 as the experiment blade.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2016, 09:43 
Super User

Blade: Zhang Jike SZLC
FH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Blk
BH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Red
Sealing affects the performance of the blade making it a little stiffer. I would be reluctant to do it on a fast blade. Have found that on some of the newer blades they appear to be lightly glazed e.g. the XVE. A Stiga all round classic for example doesn't have anything at all on it and on that I might be tempted to seal a little bit to prevent splinters.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2016, 10:54 
Super User

Multispoke wrote:
Sealing affects the performance of the blade making it a little stiffer. I would be reluctant to do it on a fast blade. Have found that on some of the newer blades they appear to be lightly glazed e.g. the XVE. A Stiga all round classic for example doesn't have anything at all on it and on that I might be tempted to seal a little bit to prevent splinters.

Yeah I did read about the stiffer feel and the argument of going against sealing, but yeah I intend the blade to last longer as I'm planning to only change rubbers here on out, so the waterbased glue that ive been using (both finezip and free chack ) will ruin my blade with the swapping of rubber which i do quite often (reattaching too as I find my hitting sometimes make the glue detached if i play often enough)

I do intend to only seal it one layer and that's it. So maybe finger crossed my blades wont go too fast.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2016, 00:03 
Super User

So I've transferred both xiom omega 4s unto the barwell fleet after sealing it in the morning. now I've left it flatten between two heavy books and probably gonna leave it over night.

Will probably do an in depth review of barwell vs viscaria after a week or so. The rubber fits well on the barwell without apparent size difference.

On xiom omega IV, after using it a while both max thickness, I would say that the pro is much consistent than asia, but the asia is definitely a tad faster at max effort. Im trying to reshape my forehand again while my bh is still strong, whichever rubber im using its more consistent than using omega asia on fh, so now i sometimes change the sides especially in loop training since im more consistent with pro on fh.

I suspect both pro and asia are modeled for fh rather than bh, Its only cause im dominant on bh that i feel i can use both on them, though for advance technique like banana flick there will probably be better rubber out there than max thickness of omega IVs ( havent tried euro or tour version, heard the euro version is softer therefore will suit better probably.)

One big difference on the asia vs pro is, sometimes on asia, if i dont engage the sponge well, the ball will slip off the rubber, I only see it happening on the asia not the pro, and only on forehand on big power loop swing not on the wrist flicks or small movements.

The dealer in my state did told me that the asia is less popular than other versions and therefore harder to find as the stockist rather stock on euros and pro ( i suspect the tour is unpopular as well in this regards)

Speed asia>pro
spin asia>pro very little margin
serves pro>asia on short serves i find that pro is better
blocking asia >pro by small margin again in passive blocks
pushing pro >asia more consistent

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2016, 07:28 
Super User

Sunday TT session!!!

Was supposed to have my weekly session with my office mate in the morning, but my family decided that we should all go for a nice lunch so family comes first (this rule applies to everything in my life.) but i did suggest to my fren im all free after lunch but forgotten that he runs a small store outside work so we agreed on tuesday to tt meet up.

So i did end up coming at night time. there's a tournament held in the club on saturday so as usual the next day would be a little less ppl than ususal despite it being a weekend.

Been using the barwell fleet for 3 days now, and I've felt as if its attune to me better, as ususal i suspect that its coz its being slower than viscaria on lower gears, less bouncy on pushes very safe and consistent. The blade does feels lighter than my viscaria by maybe 3-5 grams with the same rubbers. Maybe i would just buy an electronic in the future just to clear this things up when i change rubbers on the blade again.

Maybe its coz im starting to play with better players now so I can't really tell whether it would be faster than stiga clipper cr, but then again i remembered I used alot of my own power with clipper more than both barwell and viscaria. Omega asia is definitely livelier on BF cause i dont find myselfe changing sides often like i do in viscaria. My looping trajectory is lower with BF, i was implementing crouching lower to get better hits as adviced by many ppl who played against me, and therefore notice the trajectory more.

It definitely feels woodier than my vis as well, in terms of it doesn't mute the ball feeling, in fact even if compared with clipper cr, the feeling is more or less the same i guess, and here initially i thought the 7+2 composites layers will surely make it muted.

I've always preferred flared handles as the straight ones kinda mess up my wrist at times, but i hadn't had that with BF, so it's quite peculiar, either my serves are getting better, or the blade is much lighter than the ones i always wield. ( i still do my double bounds or more serve practice and it does help me being consistent in real games.)

I regretted attaching my new adidas rubbers on viscaria as I'm getting way attached to this BF cause it speaks more to me. But i have plans to go viscaria against my office guys and BF with the club mates, and maybe its detrimental to my game im not sure, thats why been sticking to my BF for now.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2016, 07:35 
Super User

Been reading a lot on pips player, theres one guy in our club today who has three setups on the table, traditional j pen player (one sided rubber) two setups with pips one with inverted. It's very enjoyable to watch on how he toys with a lot of good power loopers player, one of his setups is nittaku (something) with drn killer which he uses on one games, very attack first oriented pips player, he will shout attacking pimple! every round or so haha really really good, some ppl they will say their strategy is third ball attacks as primary points, and gosh this guy is the epitome of third balls.

He started sharing the world of pips and its very interesting on how modest he is, since even his normal loops is hard to counter loop by the ppl i saw playing against him today and he told me that against a pip player try to take the ball on earliest bounce as possible , can anyone verify this as being true?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!