OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:22

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2016, 21:30 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
Danthespearton wrote:
BeGo wrote:
Danthespearton wrote:
[quote="iskandar taib"]Well, if you're a chopper, it's not. That's one thing I find hard to do with it, is chop. The 896, though, makes it somewhat easier. Neither of these are oversized, so I'd really look elsewhere.

Iskandar

Oh wait, I know! What if I got the JSH blade and paired it with a slooooooowww rubber like gambler reflectoid (the sponge is dampening, isnt it?) And a cheap chinese pip (neptune, meteor or 388d1) on the bh?

If You are a chopper who love to chop perpendicular to ball path, do it. :D

For me, Reflectoid and Submarine is gold standard for chopping rubber. ;)

One thing to note,

I am firmly believe that Joo blade more a blocker blade, Aurora style, than a chopper blade. It slow, but hard. The resulting combi shall give "meaner" reversal than Defplay, at the expense of ability to generate spin. :)

Sent from my T1X Plus using Tapatalk

What does it mean to chop perpendivular to the ball?[/quote]

Other than Pgpg right answer,

Add

"As opposed to a more lateral chopping motion, Hou Yingchao style"

;)

Sent from my S5G using Tapatalk

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2016, 20:46 
Super User

Blade: Palio WAY-003
FH: Yinhe Mars II medium
BH: Yinhe 955
I've just received 2 bats for beginners, at +-$20 each - and yes, I've rejected the advice to not buy an OFF/OFF+ blade.

HRT Blue Crystal Carbon, Friendship/RITC 729 general at 1.8mm each.

- The responsiveness is very direct, speed is reasonable, enough catapult to use it in the near- to mid-range area at the table. It seems to have a lot of gears but it will need training for the beginner to make proper use of it. Overall it does astoundingly well, allowing the user to do everything from chop to smash. User must be quite quick on his feet.

Palio Energy 03, Reactor Corbor at 2.0mm each
- Feels somewhat softer than the previous bat, mostly due to the softer sponge of Corbor (in fact, top of the rubber seems almost identical to 729 general, I'm unable to notice a difference). Good control, fine with loops and drives, I expect it to do best at mid-range play. It has a nice catapult and I expect it to have a medium throw. It's not too sensitive against hard, speedy balls. Rubber does feel a lot like Sriver.

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2016, 23:06 

Lhet wrote:
Recently I've discovered some of the aliexpress custom setups, and have been recommending them a lot. It's really really hard to beat something like this for $30.

I need to pick up some extra bats for guests and/or to loan to friends.

Is this going to be my best option, or should I go with the beginner bats from ColeTT (or something else)?

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016, 08:44 

Blade: DHS6002 Premade
FH: Hurricane 3
BH: Tin-Arc
Hey guys, looking to upgrade by bat, currently using a premade DHS6002. It has Hurricane 3 on one side and Tin-arc on the other, however it already feels like it isn't performing as well as it use to. I especially don't like the tin-arc rubber, haven't really been able to land backhand topspins since I've been using it.
Currently an all-rounder however I want to shift towards an offensive playstyle, still a beginner. Looking for recommendations less than $100.

(also on a side note, anyone know any good stores in Melbourne, Australia?)

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016, 09:20 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

Blade: Victas KMO
FH: Yasaka Rising Dragon
BH: Cloud and Fog III
Grab a stiff around or offensive classic. You can keep using hurricane 3 on the forehand if you like it and get yourself a friendship focus 3 or friendship battle 1 or a soft palio cj8000 for the backhand. Good luck!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016, 09:27 
Super User

Blade: VKMO
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Victas Spectol S1
Iskandar[/quote]
Oh wait, I know! What if I got the JSH blade and paired it with a slooooooowww rubber like gambler reflectoid (the sponge is dampening, isnt it?) And a cheap chinese pip (neptune, meteor or 388d1) on the bh?[/quote]
If You are a chopper who love to chop perpendicular to ball path, do it. :D

For me, Reflectoid and Submarine is gold standard for chopping rubber. ;)

One thing to note,

I am firmly believe that Joo blade more a blocker blade, Aurora style, than a chopper blade. It slow, but hard. The resulting combi shall give "meaner" reversal than Defplay, at the expense of ability to generate spin. :)

Sent from my T1X Plus using Tapatalk[/quote]
What does it mean to chop perpendivular to the ball?[/quote]

Other than Pgpg right answer,

Add

"As opposed to a more lateral chopping motion, Hou Yingchao style"

;)

Sent from my S5G using Tapatalk[/quote]
I think what it means is this; the movement of your arm when chopping is perpendicular to the flight path of the ball. Basically, if the ball is coming to your front in a straight line, your chop movement with your arm should be horizontal to the ball.

Rating: Recreational Player

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016, 14:31 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Tilted1 wrote:
Hey guys, looking to upgrade by bat, currently using a premade DHS6002. It has Hurricane 3 on one side and Tin-arc on the other, however it already feels like it isn't performing as well as it use to. I especially don't like the tin-arc rubber, haven't really been able to land backhand topspins since I've been using it.
Currently an all-rounder however I want to shift towards an offensive playstyle, still a beginner. Looking for recommendations less than $100.

(also on a side note, anyone know any good stores in Melbourne, Australia?)

www.affordablett.com.au is in Melbourne and I'd say the only decent shop there

www.tabletennisshop.com.au is based in Adelaide and just as good for online orders and is the sponsor of this forum. Would be worth checking them out if purchasing online ;)

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016, 14:49 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

tm3 wrote:
I need to pick up some extra bats for guests and/or to loan to friends.

Is this going to be my best option, or should I go with the beginner bats from ColeTT (or something else)?

"Bats for friends". I presume you're buying maybe a half dozen blades or pre-mades. If you're wanting cheap blades, these guys have good deals:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/ ... 82156.html

This being the cheapest:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 81670.html

No idea what they play like but I'll bet they're OK. If you want a superlative blade for $7:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 22548.html

Rubber:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2x-Reac ... 47029.html

It's even cheaper here:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-Pcs-L ... 50978.html

but I haven't tried this vendor.

If you don't want to go through the trouble of gluing up bats, I highly recommend this pre-made:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Yinhe-0 ... 93430.html

Iskandar

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2016, 03:48 

Yes, Iskandar, thank you! That is what I am looking for.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2016, 06:26 

Hello!
I have around 6 months playing table tennis, however i´m getting serious about it. I was planning to buy a DHS Power G7 blade, as for rubbers i wanted to buy Yasaka Mark V and DHS Hurricane 8 Neo Mid-Hard. I´m mostly playing offensive, have knowledge about drives, a bit for chopping, and a bit for topspins.
Can someone check this settup and give me their opinnion about it please :)
Btw the other options i had in mind were these: YEO blade. Yasaka Mark V rubber, and Hurricane 3 Neo.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2016, 08:32 
Super User

Blade: Palio WAY-003
FH: Yinhe Mars II medium
BH: Yinhe 955
@Makoto

6 month isn't long and I'm not sure about your actual abilities nor can I imagine your abilities within the next 6-12 month. I'd suggest a more controllable, a more forgiving setup, which may be based on one of the Clipper-blades that tend to give you a similar feel and can be exchanged with one of the 2 you've stated later on. I also wouldn't suggest to buy 2 different rubbers yet,

I liked the Mark V very much but I wouldn't recommend buying one now unless it's very cheap ($25 or less), we'er +30yrs in the future and there's better and/or cheaper around for the money.

What's your actual equipment, are you planning to use boosters/are you planning to personally glue the rubbers? What does your trainer or (a lot less trustworthy) friends recommend?

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2016, 10:38 

Red wrote:
@Makoto

6 month isn't long and I'm not sure about your actual abilities nor can I imagine your abilities within the next 6-12 month. I'd suggest a more controllable, a more forgiving setup, which may be based on one of the Clipper-blades that tend to give you a similar feel and can be exchanged with one of the 2 you've stated later on. I also wouldn't suggest to buy 2 different rubbers yet,

I liked the Mark V very much but I wouldn't recommend buying one now unless it's very cheap ($25 or less), we'er +30yrs in the future and there's better and/or cheaper around for the money.

What's your actual equipment, are you planning to use boosters/are you planning to personally glue the rubbers? What does your trainer or (a lot less trustworthy) friends recommend?

Well, i´m actually a noob when it comes to equipment, I looked up for another blade being less offensive than the ones above. A Tibhar Stratus Power Wood, I search using TableTennis11.com, Mark V´s there are around $28. As for boosters and glues, I selected the 2 options TT11 offers: Blade Lacquering and Racket Assembly, not sure what they do lol. My actual equipment is a Butterfly Wakaba 2000, a premade Butterfly racket
A table tennis teacher at my university told me he wanted to train me, however he didn,t talked about whichh type of racket i should build, he only said i needed to get a new blade and rubbers. A friend has been helping me choose equipment, he proposed a Butterfly Gionis and said i should buy Tenergy rubbers, but i´ve seen that a somewhat beginner player shouldn.t play with tensor rubbers.
Hope you can help me, i´ll be paying attention to your message

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2016, 10:43 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

6 months can actually be a long time, IF you've been playing under the supervision of a coach at a club. 6 years in a rec room or basement playing with other "basement players" can be a very "short" time.. :lol:

Clipper blades (seven ply with a three ply core) tend to be pretty fast - not something I'd recommend to a beginner. A five-ply blade would be slower and more controllable. Stay away from Carbon or Arylate or Basalt or any of those fancy expensive blades with the rosewood or ebony faces. Mark V is OK, Hurricane 3 is pretty slow rubber and pretty controllable for beginners, despite the fact that top players use it as well. On the other hand one of those $5 Chinese rubbers mentioned earlier will work just as well.

Blade-wise - I recommend that Sanwei M8 blade I mentioned earlier. It turned out to be fantastic - I now have four of them. Very much along the lines of a Stiga Allround. I think you can spend less than $20 and have a very good combo, including shipping. Should last you for years.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2016, 11:35 

iskandar taib wrote:
6 months can actually be a long time, IF you've been playing under the supervision of a coach at a club. 6 years in a rec room or basement playing with other "basement players" can be a very "short" time.. :lol:

Clipper blades (seven ply with a three ply core) tend to be pretty fast - not something I'd recommend to a beginner. A five-ply blade would be slower and more controllable. Stay away from Carbon or Arylate or Basalt or any of those fancy expensive blades with the rosewood or ebony faces. Mark V is OK, Hurricane 3 is pretty slow rubber and pretty controllable for beginners, despite the fact that top players use it as well. On the other hand one of those $5 Chinese rubbers mentioned earlier will work just as well.

Blade-wise - I recommend that Sanwei M8 blade I mentioned earlier. It turned out to be fantastic - I now have four of them. Very much along the lines of a Stiga Allround. I think you can spend less than $20 and have a very good combo, including shipping. Should last you for years.

Iskandar

Thank you very much Iskandar, also wanted to know your opinnion about the Yasaka Sweden Extra blade, I´ve read comments saying it was a great beginners blade, many of them said that pairing it with Yasaka Mark V´s was a great combination.
BTW do you know about any good Chopper settup?
Thanks for your time :)

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2016, 12:11 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
you could get the yasaka extra and any of these:
dawei 2008 xp
yinhe 9000
lkt/ktl pro xp/xt

where are you located?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 31  Next