OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 20:34

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kim's Obsessions!
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2016, 23:32 
Super User

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 neo 40 Degrees
BH: Tenergy 05
Two months after joining the tt club, I throw away all the confidence i have in table tennis, and there's always someone obsessed on tt more than I do, they went breathless when talking bout table tennis explaining this and that ( mainly equipments )

Technical wise, I found that my swing is actually much smaller than i anticipater or imagined in my mind, fh loop especially, intead of starting my swing from the floor, i found that my loop when taking underspin actually starts a bit lower than the table itself maybe going only 95 degrees at time rather than the 180 degrees from the floor to forehead.

My main focus now is to practice in front mirror when im at home for that swing and adding a little power from legs by hopping a little to add more explosive into my loops, found that its easier imitated in than doing it on actual ball.

and maybe get a portable cam for recording purposes by next year.

Still building consistency in rallies from mid distance and away from table, less power with barwell fleet vs viscaria especially but im still keeping my viscaria for future use , maybe in future with slower rubbers (hurricane and mark v comes to mind)

In terms of the market, saw the brand loki blades being advertised again in local market, and ppl start selling their carbonados too that interest me much, but i think am trying to hold my budget on rubbers in the future as I've found that the Barwell fleet serves me right on my level for now.

God I'm admiring the beauty of dark wood nowadays, I got the hots for ebenholz and any dark wood blades really. Gatien absolum off, and both LOKI blades I saw was dark wood haha, I dunno it just looks sleek and after playing with barwell it has it merits on not being easily dirty and all.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2016, 00:02 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
I wouldn't be worried about a more compact swing Kim, in fact its a positive thing. As long as you can bring the power into it that you need, it lets you recover and play shots faster and in shorter time. So rather than practicing a longer stroke, practice timing the shorter one to extract more power from it. It then becomes an asset in your game. A longer stroke is only good if you can't execute the power and spin and timing required within the shorter one.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2016, 02:48 
Super User

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
I wouldn't be worried about a more compact swing Kim, in fact its a positive thing. As long as you can bring the power into it that you need, it lets you recover and play shots faster and in shorter time. So rather than practicing a longer stroke, practice timing the shorter one to extract more power from it. It then becomes an asset in your game. A longer stroke is only good if you can't execute the power and spin and timing required within the shorter one.

Good to know on how the short compact strokes have it merits too, maybe i need more proper research in footwork and placement of ball rather than going for that wider swings. which tbh is really hard to do anyways since body timing is one of the hardest thing to control for me.

Still aching on my lower back while playing since im maintaning that low body position , wonder when the pain will go away, or is there any exercise beside crunches and bridge.

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2016, 15:35 
Super User

Went against my office mates this morning after night shift. Using the viscaria setup with adidas rubber, p5 on fh and tenzone sf on bh, beastly rubber that require beastly technique, helped me in the practicing my fh form department, but less on consistency on looping practice.

But in game I tend to do the safer compact swings which works well with this super tensors, even at open angle which emphasis on spin rather than speed , the speed is still top notch, and end up winning every best of 7 i played today only losing by 3 sets or so whole morning till afternoon. (not really proud as I am playing at the club often now against much experienced opponents)

My BH is improving a little as its easier to loop sides and underspin in terms of consistency. But i know again, its because my opponents serves are not as devastating as the club players ones. Instead of focusing on techniques i saw on youtube like fzd bh flick, i focus on making the movement compat, contact the ball, 1 sec and snap my wrist, will see how it will go against better players tommorow evening.

all in all i think i need this, i need playing against better player than me and even the lower tier ones to see my progression in a more better environment to gauge such thing. the better players to make me feel little and thirsty for improvements whilst the lesser ones to know whether my game is progressing or not.

EJ report of the week: gergely tamca 5000!!!!!

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2016, 22:03 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Gergely Tamca 5000. Get one if you can to keep an/or play later on. :up:

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2016, 23:00 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
rokphish2 wrote:

Sounds like something I'd like to try :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2016, 08:11 
Super User

rokphish2 wrote:

Yeah most probably will keep it vs playing it or a fun blade rather. heard that its more of a hitting blade rather than looping which i dont do a lot anyways.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2016, 08:16 
Super User

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:

Sounds like something I'd like to try :lol:

I saw a gergely 21 came up that day, an old one have u tried most of the gergelys? what's your opinions on 21 and alpha vs the tamca 5000 (am secretly in love with the tamca one cause of the look of the handle I admit, and also secretly doing dealings from the underground to get one lol!)

and if i do obtained the blade (tamca 5000) and chose to go double inverted what kind of rubbers would it goes well with soft vs hard rubbers. tensor vs tacky rubbers wise.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2016, 14:40 
Super User

Mr Gergely is so gonna come to my house next week.

Update on my playing, vs a dude who joined the club same time with me, he's using new setup PG7 rakza 9 and sp on bh forgot what it was. He's progress is way way better than me, and I lost all game except one against him. (he's a student and he plays almost everyday, I envy youth haha)

Struggled reading the spin on his serves as he's a lefthanded tt player. ( I don't relly meet a lot of lh players even in the club) Changed my bh rubber to tenzone sf 2.0 thinking its easier to play vs omega pro. I was wrong, even the p5 i've tried was super tricky to master, but truly a beast of a rubber needs full commitment on every swing both p5 and tenzone sf. Tenzone sf , despite its name still is a hard sponge and i would even say at 2.0 a tad harder to control than p5 even if my p5 is max sponge. But it seems every shot if done correctly is so speedy and much spinnier than xiom asia or pro.

For now maybe i will stick with tenzone on bh since my bh is way consistent but my fh is coming on the way itself.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2016, 20:17 
Super User

Such a beauty! got lucky the owner only used it for a bit.
Will be in my collection, not thinking of wielding it anytime soon.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2016, 20:21 
Super User

Simplistic design much oomph!

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2016, 23:12 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
very good condition! lucky you!

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2016, 09:34 
Super User

Spotted someone who uses viscaria two days ago at my club decided to take the family pic haha
found two guys beside me who uses this blade.
one opt for superlight setup with both side thinner tenergy sponge (plus i think he's viscaria is inherently lighter)
the other one is heavy as mine dhs h3 on fh, same omega 4 on the back.
I think I rarely see ppl go to omega v yet over here probably because of price difference between 4 and 5 over here, especially that 4 is super highspeed enough.

Am thinking of getting vega pro and asia next (pro cause i think the higher throw angle will help me, asia cause i wanna try out the asia version lulz)

Adidas rubbers are on nittaku BF currently and even there it doesnt pairs up well every swing must be on point to use it correctly but if it engages the ball go woooshhh. will probably stay at barwell fleet for a long time to go against my office mates ( until its lifetime passes)

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2016, 13:59 
Super User

Bought a box of training balls, opts for the 2 star vs 1 star for durability i guess, seamless, and hardness wise is quite similar to the dhs 2 and 3 star i use for playing tt. will come up with short review after trying it next 3 days.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2016, 05:47 
Super User

Thought's on first training session:

the day after when i play in the club again i think i've figured out that the importance of multiball training is to familiarise and make perfect stroke a habit.

My prior thoughts that as long as ur trying to perfect your form in game its enough is abolished for now. I still force myself to get low and start my form from the legs, but i guess in game you dont really get that luxury of making that as a practice platform as you're always thinking of getting the ball by hands movement rather than footwork.

Im lucky to be able to find few mates who i can msg now and play with before leaving my house. So thats a plus ( one guy that usually comes is a sneaky player and i hate losing to him haha.)

my fh rubber got rat bite mark when i chopped on table the other day (pussy mentality)
my bh has bubbling on the left sides. sighs hope the rubber will last till the end of the month at least.

Th ap seamless 2* balls is definitely worth it, very playable in game, very similar to xufaosha 3*. The ball is a bit chalked up as the first training session my fh rubber had marks all over them ( ashamed at how inconsistent i hit the spots on my fh rubber, all over the place)

As im progressing now, I put high value on my fh, it used to be inconsistent but now i feel it tallies up well with my bh, with good low footwork and bigger swing than bh, i find that on tricky shots with side spin or under the margin of error is bigger and u even have the luxury of changing the angle of the racket midswing, while bh flicks need you to invest more time in comitting to the stroke, small hesitation kills ur ball into the net or being out, i still favour my bh at high mid speed as its more controllable in directional force and even in smaller swings would dictate the opponents much more than fh for now.

But the revelation of going against sneaky opponents opens up my eyes to what fh have against bh now and hopefully i will learn to always step into my fh side from now on, even someone that i use to prefer blocking with bh and fh, now im slowly counter loop using my fh, taking again into the account that the bh small stroke vs fh will hinder the ball controllable at that speed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next