OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2016, 17:10 
Super User

Blade: GiantDragon Kris2
FH: DHS H3 Neo
BH: Who Knows???
Exciting news! After winning the Grade 8 UTAS Science Investigation Awards and $300 in 2014, and Part 2 winning the Physics prize in the Grade 10, 11 & 12 division for $200 this year, I'm very pleased to announce that I will be presenting How Spin Works part 2 and the effect of cleaning rubbers and keeping them stored in cases on sustainability as a part of the International Student Science Conference in India! I leave on Sunday, and the conference goes for 5-6 days: can't wait! :)

And in other good news, http://www.howspinworks.weebly.com is now http://www.howspinworks.com!

I figured the conference news was worth a post outside of The Official How Spin Works Thread.

Help me find a new blade please!

Only self-proclaimed unofficial spin doctor of OOAK. Call me Joe or musicfreak :rock:
The author of How Spin Works. The Official How Spin Works Thread. How Spin Works goes to India! See my 3D Printed/Laser Cut blade experiment blog.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2016, 19:04 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Great news mate, well done! :rock: :rock: :rock:

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2016, 10:42 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Good job!

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2016, 19:06 
Super User

Can't really believe I go tomorrow! It's still sinking in... :lol: :D

Only self-proclaimed unofficial spin doctor of OOAK. Call me Joe or musicfreak :rock:
The author of How Spin Works. The Official How Spin Works Thread. How Spin Works goes to India! See my 3D Printed/Laser Cut blade experiment blog.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2016, 07:44 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Superb!!! :up: :up: :up:

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2016, 10:07 

Blade: BTY Hadraw VK
FH: BTY Sriver
BH: BTY Sriver EL
Congratulation!
That's wonderful news. Good for you.

:party: :up:

(ALL+) Stiga Allround Evolution- FH Yasaka Mark V (2.0)- BH Butterfly Tackifire Drive (1.9).

"You have to DO something to the ball." -Leatherback

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2016, 10:15 
Super User

Just over 4 hours before I leave! :party: :party: :party:
Better finish packing! :o :sweat: :oops: :P

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2016, 10:19 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
No need to pack. Get whatever you need there... 8-)

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2016, 12:21 
Super User

And so the journey begins! :hai: :) :rock:

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2016, 12:37 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Good luck mate.... some pictures would be nice ;)

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2016, 18:00 
Super User

Thanks Haggisv - I'll take plenty of photos! Hopefully I'll get to play some tt over there. Still in Melbourne at the moment.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2017, 15:20 
Super User

Well, I've been back for quite a while (and have been quite busy with exams and music writing/recording) - and while I'm sure you've all been waiting with much anticipation (or perhaps not), I have to say it was an amazing experience! While I didn't end up with too many thrilling photos, I did get to look at a massive rubber tree (allegedly one of the biggest in Asia), which was in the school grounds itself! I'll post the picture when I can find it... :oops:
Anyway, the presentation itself went well - I was the first to present, and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience - and I got plenty of encouragement to continue with these studies, and so I am doing some studies on balls at the moment for the benefit of those at my club.

Also, thanks to you all for your warm wishes for the trip, along with your encouragement and help with all table tennis-related matters!

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2017, 23:01 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Musicfreak0 wrote:
Well, I've been back for quite a while (and have been quite busy with exams and music writing/recording) - and while I'm sure you've all been waiting with much anticipation (or perhaps not), I have to say it was an amazing experience! While I didn't end up with too many thrilling photos, I did get to look at a massive rubber tree (allegedly one of the biggest in Asia), which was in the school grounds itself! I'll post the picture when I can find it... :oops:
Anyway, the presentation itself went well - I was the first to present, and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience - and I got plenty of encouragement to continue with these studies, and so I am doing some studies on balls at the moment for the benefit of those at my club.

Also, thanks to you all for your warm wishes for the trip, along with your encouragement and help with all table tennis-related matters!

Great to hear, MusicFreak! :up: