OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:18

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2016, 01:01 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
mataxxl wrote:
One more conclusion:

I dont have solution for next problem: Good player serve speedy non-spin serve in my backhand, after that, i cannot give back shortly, because of speed of the serve. After that he attack very hard because he know that the ball in this situation has no spin. Do you have the same problem, especially you play better league than me.

1)plasticball: the first lesson to be learned here, is that the plasticballs differ extremely amongst each other. you will find similar spinreversal with balls like the donic traning ball or 3star ball, or the joola 3 star, nittaku sha 3 star...however balls like the nittaku premium or xushaofa enable clearly less spinreversal, the worst ball being the butterfly g40...its the worst of the worst.

the transformer offers better reversal, so in addition u might want to try that.

2) serve: you need to either push these serves aggressively, or try to play it short (this needs training, someone that teaches the technique- its not easy), twiddle or play it with your forehand.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2016, 01:55 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
AA wrote:
the transformer offers better reversal, so in addition u might want to try that.

I've never used anti before, but I use Dornenglanz for similar purposes. How does using anti differ? What reasons caused you to use anti rather than LP?

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2016, 03:55 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
Amir,

thank you very much for answer. I will try another plastic balls. I tried only DHS and Yasaka 3 star.

I made an order for Transformer 1.0. I will post my opinion.

Now, i am trying to twiddle and smash that flat serve with short pips. Further, i will practice to push aggressively.

Only one way how I found to return fast non spin serves is to go one step back and wait the ball to fall down, and return with chop stroke, something like will LP. But i know that this is not the best choice. Aggressive pushing is probably the best, but this is very hard stroke to learn.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2016, 05:21 
Super User

LordCope wrote:
AA wrote:

I've never used anti before, but I use Dornenglanz for similar purposes. How does using anti differ? What reasons caused you to use anti rather than LP?

the slick antis will make strong spinreversal possible with blocks, this is not possible with pimples with friction. slick antis however will require u to re-learn your entire technique entirely, as blocking requires you to open the blade with more incoming spin and close it more when there is less incoming spin, which is the exact opposite of playing with any other type of rubber. so it does require a lot of skill. with long pimples, you will be forced to chop(block) a lot (especially with stronger players, as pimples with friction will not allow a simple block without motion at the table), many times away from the table and its not what i like doing, it also doesnt help me with my short pimples being further away from the table in terms of my forehand. the advantage with long pimples is that they are more suitable for attacking, especially non spin balls and provide a less frustrating experience at the beginning, because as mentioned, slick antis are not easy to handle. the reason i changed was because there was some harassment concerning the question whether long pimples are treated or not and there is no way of proving either claim (treated/untreated), so u are at mercy of the referee. the main reason is that slick antis provide a far more dangerous block...attacking requires a looooooot of training, but it can be learned...so i decided to invest a lot into training, to reduce the downsides of slick antis and still am doing so ;)

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2016, 06:40 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
tnx for sharing AA... :up:

info about the plastic balls because we, in Croatia, are also starting to play with plastic this autumn so i now know which balls to buy,

and a little info on your personal reasons for playing with anti...

i agree on all, especially that it is a lot of hard work with antis :sweat:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2016, 07:27 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
AA wrote:
LordCope wrote:
AA wrote:

the slick antis will make strong spinreversal possible with blocks, this is not possible with pimples with friction. slick antis however will require u to re-learn your entire technique entirely, as blocking requires you to open the blade with more incoming spin and close it more when there is less incoming spin, which is the exact opposite of playing with any other type of rubber. so it does require a lot of skill. with long pimples, you will be forced to chop(block) a lot (especially with stronger players, as pimples with friction will not allow a simple block without motion at the table), many times away from the table and its not what i like doing, it also doesnt help me with my short pimples being further away from the table in terms of my forehand. the advantage with long pimples is that they are more suitable for attacking, especially non spin balls and provide a less frustrating experience at the beginning, because as mentioned, slick antis are not easy to handle. the reason i changed was because there was some harassment concerning the question whether long pimples are treated or not and there is no way of proving either claim (treated/untreated), so u are at mercy of the referee. the main reason is that slick antis provide a far more dangerous block...attacking requires a looooooot of training, but it can be learned...so i decided to invest a lot into training, to reduce the downsides of slick antis and still am doing so ;)

AA, thans for this.
I am curious, are you better now than when you used pios? Did you use frictionless pips before they were banned? How long did it take for you to reach the same level with anti as you had with frictionless pips (if this was they way it happened)? If you don't take time for injuries into account (I belive you had some, right)?
Take care!

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2016, 07:48 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
AA you switched to Donic Baxster?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2016, 08:52 
Super User

Def-attack wrote:
I am curious, are you better now than when you used pios? Did you use frictionless pips before they were banned? How long did it take for you to reach the same level with anti as you had with frictionless pips (if this was they way it happened)? If you don't take time for injuries into account (I belive you had some, right)?
Take care!

yes i used frictionless pips until they were banned..when i played frictionless pips, i was playing 1 (one year) and 2.national league (12 years) and played the last two years in the state league, due to time constraints..i then continued with normal long pimples in the state league for another 2-3 yrs..and then changed from pimples to slick anti in the middle of one season and only had about 1.5 months time to adjust :sweat: ...i would say i played 20% worse in that season. i then played another season of the state league and played about 10% worse than usual (still good;) ). and in the last season/year 2015/2016 i had my comeback in the 2.national league and played approx. the same like i did in the past :party:

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2016, 08:53 
Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:
AA you switched to Donic Baxster?

yes, in the last video i posted u can see me playing with it. it has a higher throw than blowfish+ and many other short pimples..i make far less mistakes with it, much better control when hitting..

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2016, 16:58 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

AA wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
Hi there Amir. Do you have any info on the new DMS rubbers?

Hellcat (SP)
Rebellion (LP)
Diabolic (Anti)

To me Diabolic sounds like a rubbere even more nasty than Transformer :devil: .

hellcat is a medium pip rubber with disruptive effect. its coming out very soon and a video will be released beforehand ;)

i`m afraid i dont have permission to say anything about the other rubbers, but diabolic isnt coming out anytime soon.

Hello. Now some time has passed and I wonder if there is some more info on Diabolic. I am just curious if it will be a follow up to Transformer or another type of anti? I would like this info to decide weather or not to try the new Neubauer or if I should wait for Diabolic... but perhaps I should just mail Guido :) ...

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2016, 23:41 
Super User

Def-attack wrote:
Hello. Now some time has passed and I wonder if there is some more info on Diabolic. I am just curious if it will be a follow up to Transformer or another type of anti? I would like this info to decide weather or not to try the new Neubauer or if I should wait for Diabolic... but perhaps I should just mail Guido :) ...

all i will say is that the next anti wont be any time soon.. late second half of the year but it really is worth the wait;)

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2016, 23:57 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

AA wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

all i will say is that the next anti wont be any time soon.. late second half of the year but it really is worth the wait;)

Damn... it was the same when you just would tease us with small pieces of info about the Transformer... Argghhhh.... I want to know more... and I supose you have already played a good amount of sessions with it :envy: :envy: :envy: . Oh well, hopefully Guido will answer my email and add a few more pieces of info :devil: .

Anyway, thanks, you did answer my question (just left me wanting more info :) ). Be well!

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2016, 04:45 
Super User

Def-attack wrote:

Anyway, thanks, you did answer my question (just left me wanting more info :) ). Be well!

haha anytime! i promise i will say more when its ok ;)

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2016, 02:42 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
Amir,
We can see that Luka and you switch to Revolution blade instead of Destroyer. Tell us the differences if exist, we can see that Revolution is slightly faster. Isn't it? I will order Destroyer, Revolution or eventually Phantom so i need help to decide. Where spin reverse gives better results with Transformer (or Mega block)?

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2016, 02:59 
Super User

mataxxl wrote:
Amir,
We can see that Luka and you switch to Revolution blade instead of Destroyer. Tell us the differences if exist, we can see that Revolution is slightly faster. Isn't it? I will order Destroyer, Revolution or eventually Phantom so i need help to decide. Where spin reverse gives better results with Transformer (or Mega block)?

as far as i know he played transformer 1.5 with the destroyer. if he changed to revolution, its because he is playing with mega-block, which is better to be combined with a really stiff and hard blade, transformer fits better to destroyer, also in terms of reversal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!