OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:49

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2016, 22:52 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
About 4years ago on a regular eye health check up my Optician informed me I had cataracts developing in both eyes. At that time I could not notice little or no issues so life continued as normal. :up:
Early this year after noticing changes to my vision I had another check-up this time after tests & consultation he referred me to an optical surgeon.
This took about 4 months to occur & in the last 4 to 6 weeks my vision has rapidly got worse. :n: Competition which is at night was initially reasonable but now that is becoming a bit hit & miss. :headbang: Sometime during practise, which takes place in the morning, with the glare it’s quite ordinary yet at other times impressive. :clap:
Interestingly I have learnt to cope not losing too many games because of it, I think it’s because you have the techniques it’s a bit instinctive. |(
Good news I finally got in to see her & my operation to remove the first one is in 2 weeks time, when it occurs I will report on how the changes affect me. :^)

See the ball, be the ball...

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 00:42 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Good luck Gollum. My Mum had cataracts removed a few years ago and never looked back (oops, excuse the pun :lol: ). Then again she also beat cancer, so I think she's pretty tough! ;)

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 11:15 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Yes, best of luck Gollum, hope it all goes well!

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 23:21 
My Precious

Thanks for your good luck wishes “RebornTTEvnglist” & “Haggisv”. :up: Talking to some of my TT friends who have had the procedure done they say how their vision has greatly improved. :^)
Well done to your Mum “RebornTTEvnglist” toughing it out her health problems. :clap:

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2016, 16:53 
My Precious

Well tomorrow at midday I will be in hospital having my first cataract operation done, can't wait. :up: :clap: :rock: :party:

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2016, 04:54 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
Good luck Gollum. If TT being hit and miss is a symptom of cataracts, I may have had them from birth!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

185g

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2016, 09:05 
My Precious

Thank for your good wishes "so_devo" :*:

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2016, 18:29 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
How did you go Gollum?

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2016, 22:17 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
hope everything goes well...
he might not be well enough to be browsing computer for a few days at least...

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2016, 09:04 
My Precious

rokphish2 wrote:
hope everything goes well...
he might not be well enough to be browsing computer for a few days at least...

You're right "Rokphish2" the anaesthetist gave me a black eye while preparing me for the procedure which set my recovery back a little so its still a little blurry. thanks for asking "Rokphish2 & Haggisv. :up: 8)

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2016, 13:08 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

good to hear everything is going according to plan... :up:

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2016, 17:58 
My Precious

Day 8 after the operation & my recovery has been a little weird it was like I had 2 eyes that both could see but didn't recognise each other. :^) Then day 9 I woke up & the brain had worked it out they were working together as one so now on to getting the second one done on the 13th Dec. :?:
Had my first TT hit up 2 days ago which was definitely a little weird, :| different but okay & at the time I thought don't panic it's what it is it can only get better..... :sweat: so I'm out there again tomorrow & we will see! |(

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2016, 21:25 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Take it easy...

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2016, 13:48 
My Precious

Played at my local social TT club today & it was great with the doubt lifted I relaxed & played some good TT, released some pent up emotion with good results! :rock:
See how Comp go next Wednesday? :^) :up: |(
Then it's surgery on the second the right eye on the 13th....bring it on 8) :lol:

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2016, 13:39 
My Precious

Well I had my second eye done on the 13th no black eye with the second operation |( & with now both removed already overall vision is greatly improved. :clap: Now some rest & recovery & I should be good to go! :up: :?: :party: 8)