OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 11:09

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 07:27 

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
Depends on sponge thickness and your technique. Are you a soft blocker or a hard blocker?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 07:34 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
conradyoung wrote:
Depends on sponge thickness and your technique. Are you a soft blocker or a hard blocker?

Using 1.5 sponge. Hard blocking doesn't seem to work too well for me with the anti rubber. So mainly I go for soft blocks with reversal, to draw them close to the table. I also attack most every back spin ball that comes to my anti side. I play anti on the forehand and inverted on the backhand (that I use most of the time), using really spinny loops that are more brush than drive 90% of the time. Although since switching to anti, I've been using that side of the paddle much more often.

I do like the hard blocking style, but with grippy invert it just didn't seem to be posing enough problems for the opponents. With transformer, the balls are much slower obviously.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 07:37 

FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
Some of us have been happy with the der-materialspezialist Destroyer blade.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 07:42 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
skilless_slapper wrote:
conradyoung wrote:

Using 1.5 sponge. Hard blocking doesn't seem to work too well for me with the anti rubber. So mainly I go for soft blocks with reversal, to draw them close to the table. I also attack most every back spin ball that comes to my anti side. I play anti on the forehand and inverted on the backhand (that I use most of the time), using really spinny loops that are more brush than drive 90% of the time. Although since switching to anti, I've been using that side of the paddle much more often.

I do like the hard blocking style, but with grippy invert it just didn't seem to be posing enough problems for the opponents. With transformer, the balls are much slower obviously.

I use Stiga Carbonado 190 with 1.5 mm Transformer. No problems blocking short or blocking hard loops. Also works with 1.0 mm. Great blade with low throw and big sweet spot. Fast, but not the fastest and with lots of feeling. Many top Swedish player uses this blade (or its sister Carbonado 145). This is by far the best blade I have had. Also very good for blocking ( also with inverted). I used Destroyer before, good and a little more spin reversal but nor as good for looping and a much smaller sweet spot.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2017, 20:34 
Super User

What would the difference between 1.5 sponge and 0.6 sponge be?

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2017, 21:27 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

ridderz65 wrote:
What would the difference between 1.5 sponge and 0.6 sponge be?

It is a big difference in speed (thick is much slower) and in how easy it is to handle. The thick is better in most aspects unless you have a very slow blade. If you are new to frictionless anti I think it os better to start with 1,5 mm.

PostPosted: 09 May 2017, 03:09 
Super User

Well, after having sworn off the stuff... I was like a hot-n-cold lover, and have since ordered and reglued another 1.5mm sheet of transformer onto one of my blades.

Can't say I'm disappointed! The rubber is just so good at what it does, and for myself, a lot of fun using those advantages! I know transformer has been overshadowed a bit by mega-block since its release -- however, I still find transformer to be the better of the two. If I'm going slick anti spin, I want to be going ALL the way!

I mainly swap to using the anti setup after growing tired of no one trying to loop my inverted chops. I get a bit of chop effect from reversals on the blocks, and I can also attack pushes easier.

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2017, 23:12 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Carlos Arcila with Transformer:

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2017, 00:04 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Japsican wrote:
Carlos Arcila with Transformer:

He is getting better with it, he played double inverted only a year ago. There are more vidz with him in the video section, he had a thread of his own I think.

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2017, 04:53 

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Okay, so I finally tried out the Transformer for a session. All I can say is that, while I thought it was effective at times, it just felt….weird. I know that was an expected result, being essentially an anti newb. I’ve had chances to hit a little with Butterfly’s anti and a Dr. N (I think ABS), but I don’t remember those feeling quite so alien.

Just as DA and others warned, the strokes are very different. The pace was so slow, I came up short on many of my blocks, and I put a lot of balls into the net because I was expecting different trajectory. Just as DA warned, I had to open up my blade to accommodate. What was unclear to me, was JUST how open I needed to make it. I felt like I needed to keep my bat open beyond 90degrees, but not greater than 145 degrees lest I get a popup. So I essentially felt like there was little room for the bat angle to be wrong because even with small adjustments I either put it into the net or popped it up.

Speaking of pop-ups I wasn’t prepared for just how high the ball pops up if one does a grippy rubber style horizontal “Push”. Even Dtecs stays lower than that when performing that stroke. It basically gave a high..REAL HIGH…dead popup! So, no more of that rubbish.

I felt like I needed to keep my bat open beyond 90degrees…but not say >145degrees lest I get the popup.

That all being said, it’s expected because it’s a new type of material.

When my opponent gave me pace however, and I was able to passively block with a steady hand, the returns were incredible. The pace change threw off opponents and the reversal was impressive. Very impressive.

I promise to give it a few more sessions before I decide whether or not anti is for me. I counter attacked quite well on the FH, but I really have to clean up my forehand if this is to work at all. I FH loop like a classic defender. :lol:

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2017, 07:46 
Super User

Japsican wrote:
Okay, so I finally tried out the Transformer for a session. All I can say is that, while I thought it was effective at times, it just felt….weird. I know that was an expected result, being essentially an anti newb. I’ve had chances to hit a little with Butterfly’s anti and a Dr. N (I think ABS), but I don’t remember those feeling quite so alien.

Just as DA and others warned, the strokes are very different. The pace was so slow, I came up short on many of my blocks, and I put a lot of balls into the net because I was expecting different trajectory. Just as DA warned, I had to open up my blade to accommodate. What was unclear to me, was JUST how open I needed to make it. I felt like I needed to keep my bat open beyond 90degrees, but not greater than 145 degrees lest I get a popup. So I essentially felt like there was little room for the bat angle to be wrong because even with small adjustments I either put it into the net or popped it up.

Speaking of pop-ups I wasn’t prepared for just how high the ball pops up if one does a grippy rubber style horizontal “Push”. Even Dtecs stays lower than that when performing that stroke. It basically gave a high..REAL HIGH…dead popup! So, no more of that rubbish.

I felt like I needed to keep my bat open beyond 90degrees…but not say >145degrees lest I get the popup.

That all being said, it’s expected because it’s a new type of material.

When my opponent gave me pace however, and I was able to passively block with a steady hand, the returns were incredible. The pace change threw off opponents and the reversal was impressive. Very impressive.

I promise to give it a few more sessions before I decide whether or not anti is for me. I counter attacked quite well on the FH, but I really have to clean up my forehand if this is to work at all. I FH loop like a classic defender. :lol:

One thing you can do on those pushes that pop up is to close your blade angle a bit more and hit into the ball, but still use a kind of chopping or pushing action. If they push a ball at you and you do this fake push back, it looks like a heavy push return but it will actually be a dead or light top spin ball. If they try to push that back, it will pop up high for you to slam. Works against new opponents or surprise strokes to confuse at times.

It's kind of like giving a no spin chop back but can be even more deceptive since the anti rubber will reverse their spin. Such as a chop that goes off the table, if you push/bump it back, the ball will have top spin despite looking like a back spin stroke. Once opponents get used to these they can be more predictable, naturally. This can be really confusing for them if you return their back spin serves using this tactic for awhile.

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2017, 01:05 

Blade: Timo boll alc
FH: Tenergy 80
Is there anyone who still stick and use this rubber? Or maybe I'm the only one? Hahaha

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2018, 02:08 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I just found these vidz with the japaneese cool fellows, even with matches

http://youtu.be/TBubJVgiAfs

http://youtu.be/3QnS8Euk9h8

http://youtu.be/_DnG0zby29Q

http://youtu.be/36uqKfKWDjU

Don't know what anti he uses here, seems to be some kind of instruction videos:

http://youtu.be/CHazS9M0LnA

http://youtu.be/pjrUc0pD93k

http://youtu.be/VexedZVe_2Q

http://youtu.be/kqwdxoZoRH0

http://youtu.be/NtKVtuhskvk

Skickat från min SM-T580 via Tapatalk

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2018, 09:01 
Super User

FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
its amazing how much control he has on his bh and what he can do... :o

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2018, 00:36 

Blade: DMSP SCOOPER ALL+ / ST
FH: BARNA EXTRA SPIN SPEED
BH: changed every training ):
I think this is the the same guy from WRM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gnNGGQE0Jw

http://www.der-materialspezialist.com
https://www.barnaoriginal.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next