OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:03

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016, 05:35 

amkrad1 wrote:
I would just like to know before I set up the robot of how to calibrate in case the bal ll doesn't land in the middle on no spin (just like the directions say)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amkrad1, In my operational manual for the Amicus Pro, it's section 3.7 ("To calibrate the AMICUS press the two Trajectory buttons. The robot should now play a ball without any spin near the center of the table. If this is not the case, then they put the ball on a pedestal like that. To exit the calibrationpress-ing start button.To calibrate the AMICUS press the 2 trajectory buttons etc..."). I remember doing the calibration when I first got it. The poor English is confusing and I don't remember exactly what happened but it's pretty trivial, I think just rotate the head/neck to point to the middle.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016, 05:37 

Blade: Timo Boll ATC
FH: Adidas P5
BH: Adidas P5
See the link on butterfly website-- http://www.butterfly.tt/info/products/t ... on-manuals
Choose professional and look toward end of manual on page 5 toward right

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016, 07:00 

Ok, you're right. That's a new version of the manual I hadn't seen. I guess it's so that the saved exercises put the balls in the intended positions. I never use the built-in exercises. The English is hilarious - "they put the ball on a pedestal like that." What does that even mean?

In any case, I agree with Justin - it must be just to make sure that the robot head is pointed in the middle of the table. I wouldn't worry about it. It's trivial to point the head in the middle of the table. I don't know what head height the saved exercises expect, but it's probably with two white lines showing in the head post. If you use the saved exercises and balls are short, then raise the head. If they're long then lower it.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2016, 08:48 

I was trying to just do some backhand repeated drives and loops today...
I can't easily get this robot, surprisingly, to consistently shoot out the same ball at same pace and with the same degree of spin. I just was hoping to groove doing drives followed by loops. why is the consistency so off in between shots. I am using relatively new one star gambler balls but still have a little bit of dust/Powder still on the walls. I am not sure whether that's affecting things? It's frustrating however to not get consistent balls coming out of a robot where you would think at this price point, it should be automatic and repeatable… Any tips. This machine is just over one week old as well-- perhaps also a factor (Breaking the wheels in?)

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2016, 09:03 

I think it's either the ball quality, dust or powder on the balls, or you need to adjust the position of the wheels, which is described in the manual. My guess is that it's the balls or their coating. For what it's worth, I use bulk quantity butterfly 2 star balls, and the shots are very consistent.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2016, 10:46 

Would you dip the balls in water then dry to get powder off?

It's not the bounce inconsistency but seemingly just less or more spin -- unlike old plastic balls these seem quite round esp for 1star.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2016, 14:20 

Worth a try. I don't know. I've never had that problem. Could the ball be too soft? You could also try adjusting the wheels.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2016, 16:04 

From the Newgy manual: "Clean balls in warm soapy water. Then rinse in clear water and dry. "

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2016, 01:49 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
I find the same thing, and it genuinely does appear to be tiny differences in the shape/surface of the ball. Have you spun every ball you have to see if they're truly round? I suspect you'll find a few balls which spin quite differently. That then gets massively exacerbated by the robot.

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2016, 03:02 

I definitely have not had time to spin each ball. Too busy with other non-table tennis events/stuff (work). I will definitely clean up the balls and, after they are dry, maybe I'll spend some time spinning him just for curiosity sake. I hadn't even thought of it as, at least grossly the balls seemed quite round

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2016, 03:25 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
My Xushaofa 1 star balls look round to the eye. Spin them on the table however and you'll find that almost 50% of them are misshapen. Some of them really quite blatantly so!

Let us know :)

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2016, 07:15 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
dunc wrote:
My Xushaofa 1 star balls look round to the eye. Spin them on the table however and you'll find that almost 50% of them are misshapen. Some of them really quite blatantly so!

Agree entirely. We call them eggs :)

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2016, 07:40 

Why don't you get some nice 2 star balls. For the price of this robot it would be a shame to waste it on crappy balls. Don't you want to train with balls that play more like the balks you play matches with?

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2016, 08:24 

Blade: Yasaka Extra Spec
FH: New Era/Vega China
BH: Tenergy 05/64
Hi all,

New to the forum, somewhat new to table tennis. Just got the amicus a few days ago, and noticing an interesting problem: once I program a drill, when I leave that memory slot to play another drill and then go back to it, suddenly the balls begin to go long. Anyone have a problem with this? Seems to get better after resetting the machine, but then the same problem occurs once I start drills.

Why put the balls on the pedestal like that? (just kidding - love the translational issue in the manual!)

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2016, 08:58 

Hi all,

I have the Amicus Advance Robot and its about 12 months old. I have the never version which has the 22 memory save setting.
Recently the robot resets whenever I set up a routine (upto 6 balls) and start the sequence or if I try and save the routine. Either way the robot just resets.
It is very annoying as I can only do a 1 ball routine.

I read somewhere in the forum that it could be down to a short/static. I can recall a saved drill however this only works for a while.

Seems other people have also observed this issue but unsure how to resolve it and why this issue occurs.

Appreciate any help/support

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next