OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 20:34

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 29 Nov 2016, 02:58 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
So, does the mega block have any advantages over transformer? Is it meant to be "better" in any sense, or just different?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2016, 03:07 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
skilless_slapper wrote:
So, does the mega block have any advantages over transformer? Is it meant to be "better" in any sense, or just different?

More safe and slower, easier to attack with. A little lower throw.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2016, 04:03 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Def-attack wrote:
skilless_slapper wrote:

More safe and slower, easier to attack with. A little lower throw.

I liked seeing the 2.0mm sponge for an even slower game. But is the reversal compromised a lot at such a thickness? I'm currently using the transformer 1.5 and have been very pleased with it. I'm not sure what I could hope to gain from swapping to mega-block 2.0, aside from shorter blocks? Less spin reversal? And the better offense? With that in mind, would attack under-spin with mega-block be worse than with transformer?

Using transformer I can really attack backspin stuff (serves, chops, pushes) with a high degree of success. I'd wager that is due to the minimal grip on the surface. So is it fair to say MB would assist in attacking no-spin/top spin with slightly less ability to attack underspin?

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2016, 04:47 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
One question about Revolution or Destroyer.

Maybe this is not the place for such kind of questions, but here is big audience with a lot of experience.

Do Revolution or Destroyer actually contained in ALL+ category? I guess that these blades are faster....OFF- or maybe OFF.....

I have such impression with DrN Blades. For instance, DrN Hercules officially contained in ALL+ category, but i thing that it is Off- or even OFF. Speed is similar as Timo Ball spirit. I heard that DrN Titan is also very fast....On the other side, my blade Yasaka Balsa contained in OFF, but i think that it is All/All+....more more slower than Hercules....

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2016, 17:54 

Blade: Buterfly Viscaria
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 05
Greetings,

I am new to this forum and have question about this MB. Never played with anti-spin rubber, started reading forums and came by to this topic about new rubber MB, after reading your posts decided to test it out on my backhand side since. I was playing with 05 Tenergy rubbers so far on both sides, and my backhand was always lacking compared to forehand so i decided to test out rubber like this and try to complicate things for my opponents :)

I am wondering will this rubber be good to put on backhand of my Butterfly Viscaria blade and what thickness of rubber should i use?

Thanks for answers in advance!

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2016, 18:13 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
zagorlord wrote:
Greetings,

I am new to this forum and have question about this MB. Never played with anti-spin rubber, started reading forums and came by to this topic about new rubber MB, after reading your posts decided to test it out on my backhand side since. I was playing with 05 Tenergy rubbers so far on both sides, and my backhand was always lacking compared to forehand so i decided to test out rubber like this and try to complicate things for my opponents :)

I am wondering will this rubber be good to put on backhand of my Butterfly Viscaria blade and what thickness of rubber should i use?

Thanks for answers in advance!

Be patient and prepared for a long time for adapting. Minimum 6 months.....not plug and play...I start with fanti Beast on Timo Boll spirit, which is similar with Viscaria. This type of blades is not for that..... i suggest to buy appropriate blade....or find some in ALL category. Good luck

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2016, 01:18 

Blade: Buterfly Viscaria
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 05
What blades do you suggest?

I play fast spins on forehand side whenever i can so would like to have a blade that can give me good feeling with that ( as similar as viscaria gives me ) and that it can provide good grip with MB rubber on backhand side. I will have viscaria as it is with tenergy 05 on both sides and will get myself another blade ( that you suggest me ) on what i will have tenergy 05 on forehand and MB on backhand side.

As i used to pull spins with backhand as well, will something like that work with MB rubber or with that rubber you just do straightforward kicks?

Also what rubber thickness you suggest on MB rubber, i am using 2.0 now tenergy on both sides?

Thx in advance!

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2016, 01:26 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

zagorlord wrote:
What blades do you suggest?

I play fast spins on forehand side whenever i can so would like to have a blade that can give me good feeling with that ( as similar as viscaria gives me ) and that it can provide good grip with MB rubber on backhand side. I will have viscaria as it is with tenergy 05 on both sides and will get myself another blade ( that you suggest me ) on what i will have tenergy 05 on forehand and MB on backhand side.

As i used to pull spins with backhand as well, will something like that work with MB rubber or with that rubber you just do straightforward kicks?

Also what rubber thickness you suggest on MB rubber, i am using 2.0 now tenergy on both sides?

Thx in advance!

Stay with your blade so you don't loose your FH. Mega Block in 2,0 or 1,5 is veeeery slow and it will work on any blade speedwise. But a carbon blade with low throw is the best.
But the step from Tenergy to a slick anti is huge... You could start somewhere in the middle, but if you really want to try it you might as well take that step at once. Make sure to have a couple of months to adjust your BH and don't give up after only a couple of sessions. And make sure to learn how to twiddle and use Tenergy on BH from the start, that will help.
Film yourself and let othere here at this forum help you.
Good luck!

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2016, 07:44 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

New test today... I have only had one real practice with this anti and today I had a match in one of my league. First I faced a man 20 years older than me, he blocks well, hits fast and hard from both sides and with little spin. He often serves fast, long, spinless low serves... kind of a nightmare for me. And he is ranked a fair bit higher than me. He won first set 11-3 or something. I could not get any balls past the net. His serves landed in the net when I tried to block (some went too long), and if I tried to chop them they also went to the net. He just smashed past me, no spin to work with. 2nd set was about the same, lost 11-4 or similar. In third I was a little more adjusted to Mega Block and I also got some points from my serving. I manged to make him loop so I could block, I got a hang on his serves and he changed to other easier serves. It was close but I won 11-9. 4th was a little easier, I got him off balance and I got to attack a few times, won 11-8. Too bad I got a poor start in 5th and never got really close, he won 11-5 I think. After the first two sets I was thinking of throwing my Mega Block in the trash.... I'm glad I persisted.

Next match was against a fellow 10 years older than me, ranked same as me. He has a good BH loop and looped, pushed, looped, pushed and so on. But when I placed the ball more to his body or FH he mostly missed. I won first 2 11-8 or so. Then I lost focus a bit, started to toy around, trying attacking with BH and so on... lost 11-9. I started 4th good and never gave him a chance, won 11-7. I used my BH more than I should, but I need this experience to get adjusted.

Spin reversal is clearly less with Mega Block but it is more secure and the braking effect makes it more difficult for opponent. Spin reversal isn't everything. When I block the do not dare to loop again, and when they push the ball does not shoot like a rocket like with Transformer. So I get a better ball to attack after a block, a ball that is more predictable (with Transfomer I don't know if the push comes back like back spin or with slight top spin). Easier for me! I get to attack more. So, I will keep it past the tournament this weekend (will be played with XuShaofa cannon balls). I'lll report back!

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2016, 05:25 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
can i just remind Ragnolo that he need to do comparison between 1.5 and 2.0 version :rock: :party: :up:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Last edited by 111Iceman111 on 03 Dec 2016, 22:02, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2016, 05:46 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
@111iceman111
I don't forget mate...
Next Monday I'll publish my experience with 1.5mm MB
But I can say...
With my blade... better... 2.0

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2016, 22:02 
Super User

aaa tnx a lot man..,

looking forward to hearing the differences... :up:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2016, 12:04 

FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
Sticking with 2.0 sponge. For me, blocks are shorter, safer, and I have much better control. The glanti press strokes from the Vienna course are much more consistently doable with MB than with Transformer on any sponge thickness. It's especially deadly to give that hard press stroke right off the bounce, as the resulting ball is so linear and low that it's not obvious how much spin is on the ball.

Spin reversal still quite deadly on blocks! To me, it's the same as Transformer in this regard.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2016, 20:05 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
Ok...
This is my impression about differences between MB 2.0 and MB 1.5

Equipments
1st blade
Nittaku Goriki Super Drive
BH: MegaBlock 2.0mm
2nd blade
Nittaku Goriki Super Drive
BH: MegaBlock 1.5mm
Technic note: glue for MegaBlock aren't glue sheet
Ball: Donic Coach 40+
Nittaku Goriki Super Drive: offensive blade cat. OFF- all wood Kiso Hinoky

In my experience i think MB 2.0mm is better than 1.5mm (2.0mm more easy than 1.5mm in more situation)
This is my explanation:

Against long and fast serve without spin: very easy to give a short and deadly shot; very hard for opponent to open with top spin, but not with flick (flip)...
With 1.5mm in same situation my ball go in middle part of table... very easy for opponent to push or open: dangerous against expert opponent. I think with a ALL blade you can give better control, but, i think, with a high curve.

Against short serve with backspin: possibility send push ball with more control that 1.5mm but need more power for push at the end of table; need a moviment more fast than 1.5mm but easy.

Against top spin with low spin: same for every rubber, not big diference between 2.0 and 1.5; with 1.5 if top spin is slow better 1.5
No difference apparently in reversal effect.

Against top spin with normal spin: more control in 1.5mm: no need lot of power for send ball in opponent field, but ball is more deadly with 2.0 than 1.5.
Pushing balls are more easy with 1.5 than 2.0.
Better 1.5mm in reversal effect.

Against top spin with spin like a expert player:
1st situation: slow top spin
1.5 give more possibilities to push ball than 2.0mm but with high trajectory; 2.0 give more control, but i preferred 1.5mm at the last: maybe for feeling, not for other.
No appreciate differences in to reversal effect.

2st situation: fast top spin
2.0mm give a safe control: very easy to push ball near to the net in opponent field, but not easy to send near final line of table
1.5mm give control: but for me not easy to push ball near to the net in opponent field. Balls go without precision in opponent field, but, i think, why i haven't a right confidence with blade or moviment.
Reversal effect: 10/15% better 1.5mm than 2.0mm

My personal opinion:
For players with amateur level and against same type of opponents: i preferred 2.0mm with ALLROUND blade
For players with consistent technical quality: i preferred 1.5mm with ALLROUND blade
For players with OFFENSIVE blade: 2.0mm

Against players with a powered top spin: no way... 2.0mm
For this for training my team player i'll use 2 blades with 1.5 and other with 2.0

Sorry for my english

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2016, 07:06 
Super User

tnx for the comparison...very nicely made...

so if i am reading right, for playing against better players with powerful 3rd ball attack you definitely suggest 2.0 over 1.5...

so i will have to order it to test it... :?:

now i am a little sorry for changing my carbonado blade with def-attack because it seems this 2.0 is perfect with faster blades... :angel:

is that 10-15% less reversal noticeable when blocking that the opponents have an easier time, or because the ball is shorter it nullifies that less reversal?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 24  Next