OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:14

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kim's Obsessions!
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2016, 17:21 
Super User

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 neo 40 Degrees
BH: Tenergy 05
Red Roar wrote:
kim biceps wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOQU_SG49ok&t=175s

anyone is welcomed to give criticism, good or bad I welcome thee!

Overall you control seems to be improving.

1. I'll be that guy. All Your serves seem to be illegal. You hand drops under the table every time.
2. Your serve quality seems to vary quite a bit ( like mine), when your toss is off.
When it's close to your body you get a better serve than when your toss is in front.
Your spin quantity seems to go up when it's too close to your body, but then you're leaning back and would likely give you a bad recover position.
I think your serves have more spin when your toss is too close to your body because you know it's closer to your body than you would have preferred, so you instinctively get a finer brush.
You might try to duplicate that feeling when your toss is not going into your body.

Thanks for the heads up, the hands drops thats illegal is before the toss or after? and is it the serving hand or the ball tossing hand?

edit: I think its the ball under the table is illegal no?
Other than that is my toss high enough to deem legal, that was the worrying factor actually
which led me to change to bh serve recently from my pendulum
since in my recordings my reverse pendulum toss needed a dubious low toss
and therefore decided to just stick with this bh serve which i try to emulate form dima

thanks again red.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2016, 20:43 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
I'd echo Red's comments, so won't repeat.

My observation Kim is your serve is locking you into a bad position. Serving across your body across court to the right leaves you open to being looped down your BH side clean as you're out of position to move to it well. A loop to your FH may also cram you up if you haven't recovered well from the service action.

Try reversing the serve by starting it from the BH side and serve across court to BH. It will leave you better set up for a FH return and easier to be ready for a BH block. Also turn the action into a topspin serve from that position too. It will give you the ability to alternate BH topspin, underspin and sidespin serves. Keeps opponents on their toes. I serve this way myself also incorporating pip serves and twiddles with inverted that leave me ready for a smash when I get balls returned to my FH (which the topspin/sidespin serve encourages).

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2016, 22:03 
Super User

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
I'd echo Red's comments, so won't repeat.

My observation Kim is your serve is locking you into a bad position. Serving across your body across court to the right leaves you open to being looped down your BH side clean as you're out of position to move to it well. A loop to your FH may also cram you up if you haven't recovered well from the service action.

Try reversing the serve by starting it from the BH side and serve across court to BH. It will leave you better set up for a FH return and easier to be ready for a BH block. Also turn the action into a topspin serve from that position too. It will give you the ability to alternate BH topspin, underspin and sidespin serves. Keeps opponents on their toes. I serve this way myself also incorporating pip serves and twiddles with inverted that leave me ready for a smash when I get balls returned to my FH (which the topspin/sidespin serve encourages).

Ah that makes alot of sense ! thanks a lot , so the illegal part was right the ball should be on the table? other that that its okay?
Yeah will change sides on that serve as my bh side is open if ppl manage to loop deep on that side ( suprisingly alot of ppl push/ chop my serve rather than flicking) I guess i havent met someone bold enough to attack it.

For now im trying to switch underspin and sides and focus on those two, im guessing i need to add the deep serve once in a while.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2016, 22:21 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Yep, your hand should not drop below the table. Its easy to do it unconsciously. I got warned once in a tourney for it by an official ref. Didn't even realise I had. Easiest way to ensure you don't is deliberately hold your hand out above the table every time as a routine, and then toss straight up without any hand drop.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2016, 22:44 
Super User

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Yep, your hand should not drop below the table. Its easy to do it unconsciously. I got warned once in a tourney for it by an official ref. Didn't even realise I had. Easiest way to ensure you don't is deliberately hold your hand out above the table every time as a routine, and then toss straight up without any hand drop.

Thanks for that clarification mate! will keep in mind to leave my hand on table all the time from now on!

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2016, 06:35 
Bytes worse than his Bark
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
kim said:

Quote:
Thanks for that clarification mate! will keep in mind to leave my hand on table all the time from now on!

Hopefully behind the table as well

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2016, 11:26 
Super User

Retriever wrote:
kim said:

Quote:

Hopefully behind the table as well

ah means gottakeep my tossing ball table behind the table as well never over, I'll keep that in mind too, so awkward tho that bh serve when i tried it just now with proper on table and now gonna add the behind as well.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2016, 04:07 
Super User

I'm so glad I'm back at the old office as now i can play more tt there.
Although the players are of less skill and speed etc, i can focus on learning to sharpen my proper form, without feeling intimidated
of the net shots, and over shooting the table.

I find it that with slow kinda players, i tend to get swallowed up by their pace , in terms of having trouble with generating my
own speed. It's like im making it a safe shot and follow their speed rather than going to full of my capability.

I've tested a lot of bat in the meantime, a lighter viscaria setup with 1.8 sponge of tenergy 05 both sides, a joy to play with.
J-pen senkoh 5, with only one side h3 rubber. ( really enjoyable, the feel of it, and it feels so much safe at swinging and brushing.)

mostly i've tested all wood setups of other players.
a notable blade im into was petr korbel, with acuda s1 one side, and sriver el on the bh.
while its easy to play, certain shots hit the nets, since im kinda used to the high throw of my viscaria.

Ordered new rubbers for my blade and not sure to put it on viscdaria or barwell fleet.
since i love them both.
currently am using the viscaria with omega 4 asia bh, and adidas tenzone ultra sf on fh.
both tenzone and the other one i had was p5 was a bit unplayable on bh, super speed but somewhat low throw if you're stroke is not right even on fh.
but the power generated is definitely much much higher, I'll consider it as a notch above both omega 4 asia and pro.

I've already had mxp uncut, and getting a joola rhyzm soon. planning mxp on fh and rhyzm on bh ( both max)
im suspecting that the rhyzm will be fh on one of my blades as its probably an fh rubber more than it is for bh.

maybe will straight up get a cheaper hurricane for both setup on bh, since right now i value the bh game more after my omega pro lifetime has passed. ( cut short as my water bottle leak and soak my blade on bh side for a day.

The general consesus that a slower , maybe softer sponge rubber for bh, prove to be right in my case, as i failed to tame both p5 and tenzone even on sf.

currently am focusing on that third ball on table forehand loop drive, as well as proper fh swing start from behind my knees to take the ball lower at the back.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2016, 11:46 
Super User

got me self a jsh !!!!!!

let's see if I'm able to put rubbers to this rather than remain in collection

been using two setups for a while now

viscaria with omega 4 pro and asia

and slower barwell fleet with adidas p5 fh and joola rhyzm bh.

i felt that rhyzm is close to omega pro in terms of throw speed etc.

and p5 is only playable on barwell fleet, but i have more control in that setup, more dwell time crispier flat hits
while viscaria remains a machine at going full throttle, and if i were to setup the viscaria it would be xiom omegas again.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2016, 12:55 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Got a deal on another used one I see... I was going to experiment on cutting the JSH to standard size blade, but never gotten around to it.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2016, 23:18 
Super User

rokphish2 wrote:
Got a deal on another used one I see... I was going to experiment on cutting the JSH to standard size blade, but never gotten around to it.

Haha yesh very hard to get a good condition at a good price. Probably will clean it up and seal it soon
Haha don't do it ! Don't butcher ur jsh please.

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2016, 01:16 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
i'm in a bit of situation...
got me an st jsh, but it has the signature of the man himself, so that one is out of the question...

then i got an fl one but it's so beautiful in it's new condition so didn't have the heart to do it...

then some time later i determined to get a used one to experiment... so i waited and waited... finally got one... from the seller photos it's a good candidate for the butcher's job... when it arrived though, it's a very good a bit older blade and i still didn't have the heart to do it... sheeeessshhh....

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2016, 23:53 
Super User

rokphish2 wrote:
i'm in a bit of situation...
got me an st jsh, but it has the signature of the man himself, so that one is out of the question...

then i got an fl one but it's so beautiful in it's new condition so didn't have the heart to do it...

then some time later i determined to get a used one to experiment... so i waited and waited... finally got one... from the seller photos it's a good candidate for the butcher's job... when it arrived though, it's a very good a bit older blade and i still didn't have the heart to do it... sheeeessshhh....

lol wtf?
you got like 3 jsh now?
whats the most amount of duplicate blade you have right now?
i know you have tons of blades for real.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2016, 15:18 
Super User

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ere7FctJ ... e=youtu.be

Some slow fh loop and footwork training.

open to criticism

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2016, 01:50 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
you are much too stiff...and you are like a pushing the ball...

bend the knees a bit and turn a bit sideways with your left foot in front...and then make a more decisive impart on the ball...like throwing the racket into the opponent...in a whip like motion...or imagine throwing flat rocks over the lake to make it bounce...dont be afraid to miss...it will eventually all go on the table... :up:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next