OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:39

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 961 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 65  Next
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2016, 18:15 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

mac33 wrote:
Fool me once - shame on you.

Fool me twice - shame on me.

And if you fool yourself? I suppose it won't matter whether you've done it once or twice, because you="me" and it's shame on you regardless.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2016, 19:43 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
iskandar taib wrote:
mac33 wrote:
Fool me once - shame on you.

Fool me twice - shame on me.

And if you fool yourself? I suppose it won't matter whether you've done it once or twice, because you="me" and it's shame on you regardless.

Iskandar

It does not pay to be so intent to prove anything so fanatically that you close off to all other possibilities...one might say that was foolish :lol:

If someone went to outer space and circled the earth with a camera showing it conclusively to be a disc and not a globe, well I'd have to concede to that. It seems there are no flat earthers interested in trying to accomplish something like the 2 little girls did in sending up a camera high enough to show what our planet looks like from near-space. Got to take your hat of to those kids and their Dad.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2017, 13:27 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Choices, choices.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2017, 22:23 
Super User

Blade: Acoustic Carbon Inner ST
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Rakza Z

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2017, 12:34 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I'd forgotten that part. Apparently the conspiracy nuts had taken over the Earth at that point in time.. :lol: We're kinda halfway there already.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2017, 18:54 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

More lies from the dastardly Great Science Conspiracy. :lol:

A very interesting set of videos, actually. There's one about the Apollo flight computers, and what happened to the Soviet moon effort. Of course, we all know it never happened.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2017, 21:56 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
iskandar taib wrote:
More lies from the dastardly Great Science Conspiracy. :lol:

A very interesting set of videos, actually. There's one about the Apollo flight computers, and what happened to the Soviet moon effort. Of course, we all know it never happened.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iskandar

He make so much sense that of course it must be garbage :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2017, 00:56 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
When I came across this thread topic, I thought it must be a light-hearted, jokey, devil's advocate type of thing.

I really should know better by now.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2017, 02:29 
Super User

The horizon is flat guys.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pvkGQVuNPsY

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2017, 04:06 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

mac33 wrote:

May I suggest you get yourself a new ruler. The one you have must be bent.

Then again, even if the people who made the video state "no fisheye", the lens still has some barrel distortion, so any use of this video for geometric evidence is flawed at the outset. Check how the straight fences seem to bend away from the center of view as the camera rotates while gaining height. (Don't trust your eyes. Pause the video and check with a ruler ... a straight one.)

Since the horizon seems to go through/near the middle of the image most of the time, that distortion probably has too small impact to be discernable with the given image quality. Still, the horizon, visible as a sharp transition from the glow of atmospheric haze, does curve. Check it again with your new ruler.

You might argue that the curvature is the effect of lens distortion as I mentioned earlier, but given the placement of the horizon in the image, that would be pincushion distortion. Barrel distortion, as is evident from the initial part of the recording, would work to straighten the horizon, if anything.

Promised myself I wouldn't post here again. Oh, well...

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2017, 07:48 
Super User

keme wrote:
Promised myself I wouldn't post here again. Oh, well...

Keme, you know as well as I do that mac33 has absolutely no interest in either science or the truth. He's a conspiracy theorist not a rational human being.

I'm not sure why this thread hasn't been removed. According to the forum rules:
Quote:
F. Things Not to Do

3. "Trolling". Do not post in order to anger other members or intentionally cause negative reactions. For a given post, this can be a subjective call, but a pattern of such posting or an especially egregious case will get you banned. Basically, don't try to pick fights. Knowingly posting false information is also prohibited.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2017, 13:32 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

mac33 wrote:
The horizon is flat guys.

Looks curved to me.. :lol:

Did you see the UFOs around 6:42? :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 06 May 2017, 04:01 
Super User

Found this.Just thought I'd put it out there for discussion.

From JB, a flat earther - in response to a hit piece article on the flat earth movement.

How flat earth is similar to 9/11 truth.

1. Those that believe in the flat earth like to talk and think about it. People who don't believe in the flat earth, like those who don't believe 9/11 truth, don't talk or think about it. They don't see it as important.

2. To say the flat earth is a psy op, because everyone knows the earth is round, is like saying 9/11 truth is a psy op, because everyone knows the terrorist did it. No evidence or proof that the theory is wrong - its just a given.

3. Flat earthers talk about evidence - no curve can be detected, aside from NASA photos. Akin to asking about evidence of the planes, aside from video. Those opposed generally just name call and slander.
Flat earthers talk about flight paths between southern continents. Round earthers ignore that, as opponents of 9/11 truth ignore building 7.

4. When pressed a common fall back position is "it doesn't matter the shape of the earth", as if the truth doesn't matter and is unknowable. Sounds just like "it doesn't matter what happened at 9/11". Its usually what people say when confronted with logic they don't like.

5. If it were a psy op, who's it on? Who's telling us not to believe the bible? Maybe NASA doesn't want the gravy train to end and so is trying to kill the flat earth movement. Money is on the round earth side, flat earthers just have the truth.

- See more at: https://www.henrymakow.com/2016/02/Flat ... oQCSB.dpuf

PostPosted: 06 May 2017, 08:45 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

17 pages of..... this?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

PostPosted: 06 May 2017, 21:15 

Blade: VKMD
FH: Hurricane 3
BH: SSPC 2, 1.5
mac33 wrote:
3. Flat earthers talk about evidence - no curve can be detected, aside from NASA photos. Akin to asking about evidence of the planes, aside from video. Those opposed generally just name call and slander.
Flat earthers talk about flight paths between southern continents. Round earthers ignore that, as opponents of 9/11 truth ignore building 7.

I'm sorry, this is one of the stupidest things I have ever had to read. To believe that the earth is flat means you have to ignore mountains of evidence. It is easy to prove mathematically, but that wouldn't convice you. Apparently NASA has existed since the ancient greeks, hiding the truth from every civilization on earth.

You have already chosen to believe what you believe, nothing will change that. I seriously doubt that you have looked at any of the evidence that people in this thread have linked you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 961 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 65  Next