OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2016, 07:28 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
111Iceman111 wrote:
tnx for the comparison...very nicely made...

so if i am reading right, for playing against better players with powerful 3rd ball attack you definitely suggest 2.0 over 1.5...

so i will have to order it to test it... :?:

now i am a little sorry for changing my carbonado blade with def-attack because it seems this 2.0 is perfect with faster blades... :angel:

is that 10-15% less reversal noticeable when blocking that the opponents have an easier time, or because the ball is shorter it nullifies that less reversal?

I am thinking that the new Carbonado 290 would be good with 2,0 mm :)

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2016, 07:31 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
Quote:
is that 10-15% less reversal noticeable when blocking that the opponents have an easier time, or because the ball is shorter it nullifies that less reversal?

It's pure effect... more thin sponge better effect...
The 1.5mm give more reversal effect than 2.0mm but for me isn't important coz i preferred more control than reversal...
How i said against normal players this difference aren't important coz they don't made very hard top spin.. and coz i have a OFFENSIVE blade and this is very important.
But it's very important for me every time to have best control in every situation..
I hope to be clear in my comparison..
About OFFENSIVE blade or ALLROUND blade, i think that is a personal choice under personally attitudes of games... I played for long time with attack blade and attack rubber... i don't like passive game never if i have 2 DEFENSIVE blades, but i use those DEFENSIVE blades when i play as coach in my team...
If your attitude is ALLROUD don't change blade, but find your right sponge... i don't like a complete mutation by blade and rubber: too hard to improve... better same blade and find only right sponge of rubber...

@def-attack
Maybe you know... but look this italian player... he play with a stiga carbonado and ABS with sponge changing (very very slow sponge)
https://youtu.be/-R62mdPAykc

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

Last edited by Ragnolo on 05 Dec 2016, 07:44, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2016, 07:44 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
i am an offensive player by nature and always played with faster blades...

this is the 1st time i have switched to something a bit slower (all+) because it better suits the bh...

i will order 2.0, thats what i already see in my future :lol:

i wish it is easier to move it from blade to blade so i can try it with some other blades i have :(

@def i dont even know what is carbonado 290...can you tell some differences from 190 version? you have it?

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2016, 15:27 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I know about the Italian, he sometimes shows up here in this forum. The 290 was released a week ago, I will do some research...

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2016, 23:29 
Super User

i did some research and it is suppose to be the fastest of the Carbonado family so far :o

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2016, 00:23 

FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
I have decided to optimize the blade with the anti and find a FH rubber that suits my loop. So for example I found Revolution to be too stiff for my loop with Tenergy 05 1.9, so I went to Tenergy 05-FX 2.1.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2016, 08:25 
Super User

i usually always say that the most important thing to find is the blade and then optimize the rubbers to that...

but since we dont have a choice but "must" :D play with MB, i took the blade to suit the anti...

but now that i hear that 2.0 is not a step backwards to 1.5, i can think about faster blades again maybe...

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2016, 22:14 

My last "creature": The Ultimate Light Saber!!!

:devil:

Joda is ready!!! :rock:

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2016, 11:04 

Blade: Innerforce ZLC
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 64
Bluelogic wrote:
Does anyone know if AA is still using short pips with his current Revolution blade and MB 1.5 setup? Or more specifically, what type of short pips is he using and at what thickness?

Thanks in advance, Amir is my hero :)

Interested in knowing this as well.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2016, 20:47 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I wrote a few notes and added 2 vidz from yesterdays session in my blog:
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=21956&p=329425#p329425

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2016, 17:26 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
So, is there anyone who has tried both transformer and mega-block... and then stuck with transformer? Is the consensus that MB is a better rubber in basically every way?

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2016, 19:44 
Super User

i dont see the reason why would you buy transformer if you can buy MB...for me its a better rubber in every way (which doesnt mean transformer was not good)...

def-attack said transformer had more spin reversal, but i didnt saw that...for me it is the same or even better, for sure better against faster balls and more durable...

and you can buy it in 2.0 version which allows you to put it on a fast blade and have the best of two worlds...so, there you have it :up:

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2016, 19:59 

skilless_slapper wrote:
So, is there anyone who has tried both transformer and mega-block... and then stuck with transformer? Is the consensus that MB is a better rubber in basically every way?

Megablock has a significant vantage: you can to be very active, coz MB has better control than TRANSFORMER.
If you play like a wall, TRANSFORMER give you more reversal effect, but if your opponent read this, he can play without spin and you have a rubber without control to push ball and break opponent game and strategy.
This is the reason why i preferred MB.
:rock:

The Ultimate Light Saber

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2016, 20:02 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Ragnolo wrote:
skilless_slapper wrote:

Megablock has a significant vantage: you can to be very active, coz MB has better control than TRANSFORMER.
If you play like a wall, TRANSFORMER give you more reversal effect, but if your opponent read this, he can play without spin and you have a rubber without control to push ball and break opponent game and strategy.
This is the reason why i preferred MB.
:rock:

+1

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2016, 22:13 

Blade: Alligator Combi
FH: Acuda P1 Turbo
BH: Spike P2
I would like to ask you guys if the 2.0 version would be playable in a BTY MJ ZLC?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 24  Next