OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:32

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: ipong v300
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2016, 05:51 

wanchop wrote:
Red Atlas wrote:
Checked serial number, and it starts with a B. What does that mean?

C is the newer version. But even Joola won't tell what exactly were upgraded. Probably nothing. How's your v300 coping with the "dust issue"?

It seems to be becoming more consistent the more I use it. I actually wonder if the wheels have a bit of a wear in period? Either way, I'm glad it has sorted itself out. When does yours arrive?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2016, 23:21 

Blade: Yasaka MaLin Carb
FH: Hurrican 3 Neo
BH: Donic F1
Red Atlas wrote:
wanchop wrote:
Red Atlas wrote:
Checked serial number, and it starts with a B. What does that mean?

It seems to be becoming more consistent the more I use it. I actually wonder if the wheels have a bit of a wear in period? Either way, I'm glad it has sorted itself out. When does yours arrive?

The last time I was told, the latest version is arriving at the vendor today. Then maybe I could get my robot before Christmas, if they can send it out right away. This turned out to be a longer wait than I expected. Anyway, I can't wait to starting practicing with it!

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2016, 09:01 

Just got the robot. It's the latest version. But I can't help but feeling that I got a lemon. Maybe it does require some break in time. The placement is quite inconsistent. I already put it at the end of the table and added the tilt at the back, but even if I put back spin to 3, half of the balls will fly off the table.
Also it doesn't oscillate well, I usually have to turn the oscillation to 7 or 8 before it starts to move. And the just stops oscillating 10 seconds later.
Not sure if it's the balls. I'm using a mix of brands of old balls, but all of them should be 40mm.
All in all, it still requires adjustment before I can use it for practice...
Do you guys have similar experience? Did I do anything wrong?

I'll upload 2 video clips soon

Ball placement: https://youtu.be/aZrBrPvQ328
Oscillation: https://youtu.be/6QNrumHgh9c

I'm pretty sure that the motor for oscillation is too weak to support the weight of the upper body, as it moves OK if i disassemble the robot and lay it flat.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited by wanchop on 23 Dec 2016, 12:33, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2016, 09:45 

It hasn't jammed once yet. I didn't fill the horn very full though

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2016, 13:25 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
I'm not surprised that the ball is sailing long with settings of 2 topspin and 3 backspin, I wouldn't be surprised if you say any of the settings don't work as it can bit a bit fiddly and at times frustrating.

You just need to fiddle around with the settings and angle of tilt until you find some settings that work. For me its about 3 &1 or 4 &2 for topspin and for backspin more like 0 &2 or 0 &3 but it seems as soon as I add a bit of topspin it flys long. It suits me though to keep the settings slow as at my level, my opponents are usually returning long pushes so this is what practice, rather than fast topspin.

As far as tilt goes, I never have tilted the back of the robot, only the front to help the ball get up over the net.

In regards to oscillation, I've also found it a bit lethargic, especially if tilted. As the power cord is attached to the oscillator, you need to make sure that there is plenty of slack in the power cord so it gives no resistance whatsoever.

Edit: Yep, it looks like your robot is having trouble when trying to pull the power cord, when going the other way it seems to have no problems. Try give it a bit of slack.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2016, 13:35 

Cobalt wrote:
I'm not surprised that the ball is sailing long with settings of 2 topspin and 3 backspin, I wouldn't be surprised if you say any of the settings don't work as it can bit a bit fiddly and at times frustrating.

You just need to fiddle around with the settings and angle of tilt until you find some settings that work. For me its about 3 &1 or 4 &2 for topspin and for backspin more like 0 &2 or 0 &3 but it seems as soon as I add a bit of topspin it flys long. It suits me though to keep the settings slow as at my level, my opponents are usually returning long pushes so this is what practice, rather than fast topspin.

As far as tilt goes, I never have tilted the back of the robot, only the front to help the ball get up over the net.

In regards to oscillation, I've also found it a bit lethargic, especially if tilted. As the power cord is attached to the oscillator, you need to make sure that there is plenty of slack in the power cord so it gives no resistance whatsoever.

The thing about the placement is that at 2 and 3, about 60% land on the table, the other 40% fly off.
For the oscillation, it's definitely not related to the cord. I actually read your earlier post and was careful about it. I can make another video to show it. Weight is the reason it only oscillates at higher setting. If the horn is empty of balls a 4 could get it moving. If it's fully loaded, only 7 or 8 could work for a few seconds. Very disappointed so far. Maybe the c serial actually gets worse in terms of quality.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2016, 16:16 

Your experience is similar to mine Wanchop. But mine is now significantly more consistent than it was out of the box. I reckon the wheels need some wear in. And yes, most of the settings are useless. As Cobalt says, there's not many combos that actually land the ball on the table. I haven't had any problems with oscillation, but I don't really use it. My approach now is that the robot can be used pretty well to drill forehands and backhands if you get the settings correct. And I like that I can vary frequency and type of spin to a small degree. These combined make it worth the money I reckon. It's better than not hitting at all between comp nights for me.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2016, 20:39 

Are you guys using a set of the same balls, like the joola pack, or just a mix of different balls? Mine are of many different brands and old, but all 40mm though.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2016, 21:15 

Only using the supplied training balls so far.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2016, 21:24 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Agree Red Atlas, the variety is quite limited but really good for what us beginner to intermediate players face on comp nights.

My balls are Dhs 1* 40mm celluloid.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2016, 23:25 

Cobalt wrote:
Agree Red Atlas, the variety is quite limited but really good for what us beginner to intermediate players face on comp nights.

I'm ok with limited variety. But at least so for, I've tried most of the lower settings. The results were mixed with "off the end of the table" and "on to the net". I watched most of the videos for many times, and followed your settings. In the extream case, I put the robot back to the end of the far edge and tilted it forward, the balls still fly flat off at the setting 3 of back spin. Then if lowed to 2, the balls would go directly into the net.
This is not like what I see in your video. Maybe there's a break in period, maybe it's the balls, but I'm not quite confident.

The Oscillation motor is so weak. If I pick it up, I can see the side movement even at setting 1. But as soon as I put it on the table, holding its own weight together with several balls, it stops. I have to increase the O to 7 to see some inconsistent movement. I almost wanted to disasamble the mid part to see if something is stuck in there, but I dont have a screw driver that's thin enough.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2016, 06:53 

It does sound like there might be a problem with the oscillator. Mine has never done that. But I haven't had it long.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2016, 07:09 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Sounds a dodgy unit, should be better than that.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2016, 07:11 

I'm uploading another video to demonstrate the oscillation issue, which in my case has little to do with the cord. The robot was empty in the video. If fully loaded, the oscillation is even worse.

Here's the new video.
https://youtu.be/vfWzNQKPAAs

Last edited by wanchop on 24 Dec 2016, 07:13, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2016, 07:12 

Cobalt wrote:
Sounds a dodgy unit, should be better than that.

I'll test how good the joola customer service is. Not optimistic at all

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next