OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 23:43

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 25 Dec 2016, 03:45 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
i am almost certain that it would...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2016, 20:52 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
slappy wrote:
I would like to ask you guys if the 2.0 version would be playable in a BTY MJ ZLC?

I think yes... if you are an attacker players who use MB just for open opponent game...

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2016, 09:35 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
After first training season with my new equipment Revolution + Mega Block 1.5, i conclude that i need time to adopt. :(
Attacking and pushing is nice. :) New combination is definitely better overall, but i lack of control especially on block slow loops, for example opening topspin. In first 10 minutes i could not reach the net with block. :headbang: :headbang: I realize that i have to push slightly, not just block like a wall (what i did with Transformer). Eventually with more more opened blade angle i reach the net. We can see that Iceman has the same problem in his first videos.... :@

Against hard hits the ball always falls on the opponents part of the table, which is big plus. :up:

Returning serve with side push or hit motion is amazing (as Luka do) !!! In this situation trajectory is wild and totally confuse opponent. Sometimes it looks like kind of David Copperfield's magic :clap: :clap: :clap: .

After couple of seasons i will update my opinion. :Chop:

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2016, 10:07 

FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
Thanks mataxxl for your review!

It seems that even when using the same equipment there are different experiences. Mataxxl, Iceman, and I have all tried Revolution with MB 1.5mm, and yet we have different impressions.

Mataxxl sounds like you reached the right conclusion: open the blade and possibly push forward a tiny bit.

For me, I never had problems blocking too short, even with 2.0mm sponge. I did have major problems keeping the ball on the table when using 1.5mm sponge against hard fast loop drives.

Iceman what's your experience?

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2016, 11:02 
Super User

still waiting for 2.0 to come...

with 1.5 i adapted good i think...i dont have any problems with blocks anymore...i push a little forward and upward in every block and that is the magic formula...and when loops are hard i dont have the time to do that then only the angle of the blade determine if you will block it on the table...1.5 with revolution can do that with no problems...

i still have problems with receiving fast long serves and hard pushing the no spin balls... :?:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2016, 16:25 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
111Iceman111 wrote:
still waiting for 2.0 to come...

with 1.5 i adapted good i think...i dont have any problems with blocks anymore...i push a little forward and upward in every block and that is the magic formula...and when loops are hard i dont have the time to do that then only the angle of the blade determine if you will block it on the table...1.5 with revolution can do that with no problems...

i still have problems with receiving fast long serves and hard pushing the no spin balls... :?:

Try a firmer grip and place the thumb with some preassure on the inverted side when recieving fast low spin serves. That helped me a lot. A slight forward movement might also help to keep the return low and long. A side sweep might also help.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2016, 23:49 
Super User

why do you think thumb helps?

i am not used to change grip while playing...

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2016, 01:10 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
111Iceman111 wrote:
why do you think thumb helps?

i am not used to change grip while playing...

I'm not really sure, but grip affects stability in some way. Like how the ball bounces faster and more direct when you hold your bat tighter. Also you get a better angle for a hit more forward while your bat is more vertical in position throughout the whole stroke.

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2016, 01:25 

Blade: TSP Balsa 5.5 All+
FH: Nittaku Beautry 1.8mm
BH: S&T Hellfire ox
AA uses his thumb on the backside of the racquet.

When I perform a simple bounce test, comparing my Transformer 1.5mm on the destroyer and the Mega-Block 2.0mm on the Revolution both with the same reverse rubber, the bounce is higher on the Mega-Block. This is not what I expected, is that the same for others or is it that the Transformer is older and has been removed once?

Thanks

Setup3: Blade: DMS Destroyer FH: Tenergy 05 max BH: DMS Transformer 1.5

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2016, 06:36 

v02man wrote:
AA uses his thumb on the backside of the racquet.

When I perform a simple bounce test, comparing my Transformer 1.5mm on the destroyer and the Mega-Block 2.0mm on the Revolution both with the same reverse rubber, the bounce is higher on the Mega-Block. This is not what I expected, is that the same for others or is it that the Transformer is older and has been removed once?

Thanks

I obtain the same. But in the game situation is actually the opposite. MB has better control because MB react less on opponent speed and spin, so theoretically, with average pushing you can back the ball on the table without thinking about incoming ball. With transformer, sometimes you have to push hardly or absorb the opponent speedy ball to hit the table. I guess that longer pips on Transformer plays more like trampoline (spring).

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2016, 06:48 

I want to say that der-materialspezialist PRO ANTI CLEAN is very big link in the chain !!! :clap: :clap:
Namely, i was fighting with "dirty" Transformer, and tried to clean with glass cleaner. It was folly. PRO ANTI CLEAN contains something like oil which you can feel under fingers, so after using it rubber become the smoother as new one. My conclusion is that it is GREAT and it is not commercial for taking money.
I strongly recommend it !!!

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2017, 03:20 

FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
New thoughts on MB: I began experimenting with playing just a little bit further from the table. Like just a quarter step more than Amir. Not quite mid-distance, but far enough that I cannot perform the off-the-bounce glanti press stroke. So I am forced to do a sort of small retrieving/fishing stroke to just float the ball back onto the table. It is a medium speed ball, not as low as a chop, but with spin that opponents find difficult to read.

This approach worked quite well at league last night. I completely shut down the offense of 2 opponents rated 100-200 points higher. After they missed a couple attacks, they gave up and just played defense. I lost though because my offense is not so consistent.

The real insights:
1. This worked far better with 1.5mm MB, and the spin reversal was better than 2.0 MB.
2. More deception is possible at this distance because when opponent does a very slow spinny loop I have time to do a downwards chop motion or sideways "snake" motion just for variety. I have much better feel with the 1.5 for these varieties of returns.

Anyone experiment with playing various distances from the table? I did this because I need to match the distance where inverted FH works best.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2017, 03:44 

Hello ! I'm a new DMS anti player. I play with that kind of rubber since 1 month. I was a former backside attack player with both sides (with a better backhand than forehand). I started anti rubbers for the fun and change my game for a slower game.

I started with neubauer bison and quickly switched to DMS beast.

I hesitate to switch to mega block or transformer, to have a better control in pushes and attack, especially on no effect balls.

Is reverse and disruption effects better with beast, transformer, mega block ? Is mega block by far the best rubber from the three ? Or is it more a discussion between disruption versus control ? The Neubauer Bison is easier to control than the beast but far less disrupting. I prefer Beast for that reason. What about transformer and megablock ?

I play beast in 1,5mm on a quite fast blade, OSP martin off, a kind of powerful clipper. No carbon, all wood. What thickness for megablock for me ? 1,5 or 1mm ? 2mm would be very slow, no ? I find beast 1,5 slow enough... a piece of advice ?

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2017, 10:08 
Super User

i think that reversal of beast is similar to reversal of MB...but with MB you get the added control and insensitivity to the blade angle while blocking...

with beast you must get everything perfect, and MB is more forgiving...if you can tame beast on a fast blade than i am suggesting not thicker MB than 1.5mm...

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2017, 17:42 

Thank you for your response ! I will go with mega block then. My blocks are on the table but they land somewhere in the middle of the table, if I can get shorter blocks it will be more difficult for the opponent to attack a second time.
I asked my questions to AA (with a few other questions :angel: ) but did not expect that he would answer so quickly. He told me the same. I ordered a mega block in 1,5mm. I think I will try it one or two times at training and play with on saturday in competition if it's simple to switch from one to another. The same disturbing effects with better control, that would be perfect ! I play anti rubber like that : agressively push to prepare my forehand attack, and block, of course, if I can't be the first to attack. Mega block seems to be perfect for that. I don't attack very much with the anti rubber for now as I'm a rookie player with it... but I tried to be aggressive with the anti on the bounce on backspin balls, like AA, and it works well... on the robot for now. I'll try it at training tonight with the beast, hope will be soon shipped with the mega block !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 24  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!